whatishappeningtome

What was your process in discovering Actualized.org?

6 posts in this topic

By which video did you discover Actualized.org? What made you stick around?

Here's what happened to me ~

First I found Leo’s pick up criticism because it was posted on a popular pick up forum and I was into pick up. I was shocked at how blindly I was following the group-think of PUA and agreed with Leo that it can be highly manipulative. The people in the forum we’re bashing him like crazy so I immediately felt disenchanted with their ability to hear the criticisms.

Then I watched the episodes on how to stop moralising, 40 signs that you are neurotic and 30 ways society f***s you. These videos really started to challenge my world views and I would often think about the ideas which stuck out to me like moral relativism and why society functions the way it does. Watching Leo’s older videos on Spiral Dynamics (and obviously the newer ones) began to make me really see how profound the personal development content was of Actualized.org and I kept watching the earlier videos but never once clicked on a spiritual enlightenment video.

I never clicked on the spiritual enlightenment videos because even though I learned techniques like meditation in order to become more present and be more mindful, the PUA culture never once fully explained the full teaching of the teachers they follow like Eckhart Tolle. I had even heard off hand comments from the PUA community calling people who pursued spiritual paths as beta or passive etc. So it’s not like I wasn’t interested in Spirituality it’s just that I was stuck in a frame of it not being important as I wanted to pursue success. 

I was already moving into stage green at this time as I stopped eating meat and started finding success not as fulfilling as I thought it would be. Then my stoner friend helped me smoke weed and get high for the first time in my life and it was truly the first time I had experienced a radically different state of consciousness. It opened my heart like crazy as I felt like I truly forgave the wrong doings of people in the past who I’d criticised, I could see the ugliness of the right wing commentators hating on the LGBT/sjws and most of all it was the first time I truly empathised with the starving people of the world. 

I began smoking weed for over a year just because I enjoyed it so much and it honestly helped expand my consciousness, which even though I don’t smoke it anymore has stayed permanently. My friend that introduced me to weed was a bit eccentric in the fact that he’d tell me things like he has had experiences of realising his parents are imaginary and that he himself doesn’t exist, he told me that it just seemed so true to him that no matter what he did in life he will always know that truth. I obviously thought what he was describing to me was intense as well as interesting which lead me to being interested in checking Leo’s video - Spiritual Enlightenment, the most shocking TRUTH you’ll ever hear. 

The first time I watched that video it didn’t really hit me, but I watched it several times, then I watched all of the sequels to the original video. Then I followed along to Leo’s Neti Neti method, and this is where I started understanding that everything I believed had to be deconstructed. A big insight to me is that all I ever had experienced was sight, sound, taste, smell, inner feelings, outer feelings and that this is what constructed reality. Let's just say after I got a taste of the true radical nature of spirituality I realised this is the most profound thing I have ever discovered and it is the missing piece of life that everybody is looking for.

Over the last year I've watched almost all of Leo's videos from the past two years, I've kept meditation a priority in my life, I've contemplated like crazy and I've done self inquiry. I've had glimpses of enlightenment experiences during my self inquiry but I just need to keep doing it. On a whole I'd say my consciousness has deepened slowly from contemplation + self inquiry rather than achieving a full blown enlightenment experience. My desire for truth has grown to the point where I can no longer say success in my career is my highest goal which would terrify the shit out of me a couple of years ago as my whole egoic structure was based on my career success. I'm currently in the process of doing the Life Purpose course and i'm lucky enough to say I only need to work about 20 hours a week to support myself and I'm making steps to fill my time with awakening techniques as much as a I can. I moved to Japan 8 months ago and drugs are a no-go here so i'm planning that within the next year or 18 months I can travel to another country for some kind of psychedelic retreat to try them for the first time. 

I know that was a bit long but I’d love to hear your story as well. 

"What is consciousness".  When I started to translate it into my native language, I understood that this guy is really different. I started watching his other films and that's how it was.

For a while I was really into watching all sorts of self help videos on YouTube. If I remember correctly I kept seeing Leo's videos in related videos. 

His thumbnails and straightforward titles definitely helped suck me in.

I was watching a lot of Rupert Spira videos. A question popped up in my mind after one of the videos. I started to google the question - that's how I found this forum. Then in a forum post I found a video of bald guy. I thought what a strange guy. Okay, people talk about this dude so I'll watch one video - that's how it started.. 

Edited by dimitri
s/bold/bald/

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Que 300mg of DXM and 500ug of LSD together.

I have a massive awakening. I am mind fucked and shaken to my core in the beauty and how amazing it is. I was in a voice call sharing my insights to a friend in the trip. His mom knew Leo (Who is actually on the forums too) and so he knew about actualized. He sent me the video on comprehending the magnitude of reality and I was just mind fucked x1000 again.

After sobering up I didn't quite understand what it was I had just experienced. I went back to Leo's videos and begun looking at things like his consciousness and infinite intelligence videos. I looked at all of the advanced metaphysical stuff which helped me understand. It was after that I started my journey seriously and also got to the more practical stuff like moralization.

15 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

Que 300mg of DXM and 500ug of LSD together.

I have a massive awakening. I am mind fucked and shaken to my core in the beauty and how amazing it is. I was in a voice call sharing my insights to a friend in the trip. His mom knew Leo (Who is actually on the forums too) and so he knew about actualized. He sent me the video on comprehending the magnitude of reality and I was just mind fucked x1000 again.

After sobering up I didn't quite understand what it was I had just experienced. I went back to Leo's videos and begun looking at things like his consciousness and infinite intelligence videos. I looked at all of the advanced metaphysical stuff which helped me understand. It was after that I started my journey seriously and also got to the more practical stuff like moralization.

That sounds intense. Looks like your friend sent you the perfect video at the perfect time :D