Aethereus

Existential loneliness

30 posts in this topic

@Inliytened1 So you used your logical abilities (main weapon of ego) to come to conclusions. So ego realized it is solipsism. 

My 2 cents. 

Sneaky sneaky sneaky. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@zeroISinfinity lol.. no had it as God. And you aint real :x

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Looks like most of us have some serious consciousness work to do instead of just thinking about this

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Truth Addict i didn't want to start up the whole Solipsism discussion again as there was a whole thread on it.   But yeah..i had the realization that it is total Solipsism.  Not as the self but as God.  I  am God am imagining all of it and that's all there is to it.  End of story.  Even to say there are other perspectives is concept and imagination.  To say you are imagining me right now is concept and imagination that i am imagining.  So it's a strange loop.  It can't be escaped.  There is nothing wrong with that.  

I know there is going to be opposition to this that's why i didn't make a thread about it.  But when i had the realization of Oneness a few months ago it took me some time to clarify this.

There might be a slight misunderstanding of Solipsism, rooted in ‘keepin it real’ with ‘the relative’. Might not. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Am I the only one who does not find solipsism an issue?

Funny question.

unborn Truth

22 hours ago, Aethereus said:

I want some serious thoughts on whether other people exist (have consciousness) or not. Here's mine:

People are not things, which ‘have consciousness’. Consciousness forgets itself dreaming, and madness ensues. Just like your dreams, it seems “real”, and there are other people there. Just like when you wake up, it was just you, just a dream, and no matter what was going on, you are totally, completely, 100% fine. There was no madness, it was just a dream. If you could, you’d go right back to sleep and dream the greatest dream you could muster. That would likely involve other people...and you forgetting yourself again, so you could “live it” fully. 

What I'm perceiving are appearances of other people and I have no evidence of them being conscious.

You have zero evidence of anything being anything other than consciousness. Many physicists, philosophers, and psychologists have tried to find evidence too, apparently.  Undermine your “self”, discard everything you know. What is your actual direct experience right now? Say out loud, “I am perceiving appearances”. See how silly it sounds. Point to an appearance. How did you make the distinction, that is an appearance, and that is not? Can you actually find a distinction in direct experience that what is pointed to is “an appearance”, while what points is not?  

On the other hand, I have no evidence that I am the only conscious one. 

That is precisely the only experience you have. When were you two consciousnesses? When were you some other conscious one?  As a separate thing, when were you born, what was it like? What was it like, experiencing a second consciousness being born? Don’t underestimate how close “the illusion” is. Nothing is more intimate, cherished, loved, nor affectionate, in your own direct experience, than being you. We’re it not for you, these experiences would not even be, would they? You are the critical piece, and you are the puzzle. 

I'm not deeply involved with enlightenment but I kind of understand that my ego, my sensations and anything "outside" of me is all happening inside my consciousness. But that only reinforces the feeling of loneliness and of life being no different than a dream.

This is because you separate yourself, in claiming “understanding”, and in claiming the ego ( “my ego” ). Stop pretending there is a second self in you called the ego, and there isn’t. Be attentive to the self referential thought which you have thus far been inattentive to. Notice any thought about yourself makes zero sense, because you are already the self aware of the thought. Imagine a light beam claiming it is the flashlight, and the flashlight being self aware and saying, ‘ok buddy, sure’. In actuality, you are whole, complete, satisfied, peace....then...you claim there is a separate self, an ego, a thing to be understood, an understander, a “one who needs life to be different from a dream”.  Loneliness is not a sensation. Point to your body, where you experience loneliness. Can’t. This is because the sensation is simply in response to self referential thinking, and the sensation is saying “No! I’m whole! Enjoy this already!”. But you persist with the fragmenting and mental separating of yourself. You don’t have to do that. Be attentive that you are doing that, and it recedes into peace. 

I hope I'm naive and mistaken, but if not, then this is damn sad.

Rest assured, there is not a thing wrong with reality. It is perfect exactly as it is. You are only so whole, you limit your infinite self, and create “naive”, “mistaken”. These are simply singular arising thoughts. No need to believe them. No one even ever told you that you should. Claim reality. It is you. Do not make a spouse of it, or you’ll be sad. Damn sad. You are free. That is why mental self imposed restriction feels - sad & lonely. Because it’s delusion, bs, not true.

What's the point of connecting with others?

Experience. Love, compassion, sharing, laughing, sex, adventures, humor, bonding, discovering the path together, and whatever else ya like. 

Of supporting them?

They are you. 

Or even interacting at all with them? It's confusing when enlightened people try to help others while they say that they don't exist.

Because, honestly, you don’t have anything else to do. It is illusory how the undisciplined mind implies “I must rush”, “I must accomplish this and that”, “I must get this done, so I can get that thing done, so I can get that thing done”. Never was an obituary written about how much stuff one got done. It’s a sham!  In your final hindsight, I hope you enjoyed every minute, to the absolute fullest, and have given freely so much love, that you laugh yourself into death, in it’s infinite punchline. 

Extra brain puzzle for you: if all I have is my perception of you, then all I can do is be guided by you to find the truth by myself. What could such guidance be? Merely taking your word as truth would be no different than believing a person in my dreams.

Never was a true spoken. Never was there a true thought. Know what you are, prior to the arising thoughts. Know the awareness, all arises as.

Again, I hope I have arrived at false conclusions. Keeping my mind open, hit me.

There is no “true conclusion”. That’s as dualistic as it gets. Thought is inherently dualistic, and it all arises from you, and you are One. The only worthwhile thought is, Who am I? And discard it too. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE