Aethereus

Existential loneliness

30 posts in this topic

I want some serious thoughts on whether other people exist (have consciousness) or not. Here's mine:

What I'm perceiving are appearances of other people and I have no evidence of them being conscious. On the other hand, I have no evidence that I am the only conscious one. I'm not deeply involved with enlightenment but I kind of understand that my ego, my sensations and anything "outside" of me is all happening inside my consciousness. But that only reinforces the feeling of loneliness and of life being no different than a dream.

I hope I'm naive and mistaken, but if not, then this is damn sad. What's the point of connecting with others? Of supporting them? Or even interacting at all with them? It's confusing when enlightened people try to help others while they say that they don't exist.

Extra brain puzzle for you: if all I have is my perception of you, then all I can do is be guided by you to find the truth by myself. What could such guidance be? Merely taking your word as truth would be no different than believing a person in my dreams.

Again, I hope I have arrived at false conclusions. Keeping my mind open, hit me.

@Aethereus "other's" have their own unique POV and consciousness.

everything in existence is consciousness

but it is all part of ONE GRAND SINGULAR CONSCIOUSNESS 

just like the same one electric current powering the tv, the fridge, the fan, the vaccum in your house.

the answer to your question depends on which POV you are taking.

analogies can help you see this.

here's another: imagine an Actor MIKE who plays a double role in a movie.

he plays 2 characters BOB and also SAM

in the finished movie, both BOB and SAM have a life/character/POV of their own and are two very different people. but from the OUTSIDE OF MOVIE point of view. they are both played by / and are  MIKE.

so when you're asking What's the point of connecting with others? Of supporting them? Or even interacting at all with them? It's confusing when enlightened people try to help others while they say that they don't exist.

that is equal to SAM or BOB asking this question. from their POV this is not the case. for SAM, Bob is very real and for BOB, Sam is very real.

it is only from the POV of MIKE does that question come into play

and right now you're not speaking from the POV of MIKE (God) ... you're speaking from the POV of BOB/SAM (@Aethereus

so as @Aethereus  don't get lost in that .. because that would be nihilsim - which isn't the case.

:)

enjoy and be happy!

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei What you're saying makes perfect sense, but only if everyone has consciousness. On the one hand you can say that since Mike has consciousness, so do his roles (Bob&Sam). But on the other hand, in my experience as "Bob", I have no evidence of "Sam".

I'm trying to figure out how I can know wheter others have perceptions aswell. Because in my experience they are no different than a moving rock, as harsh as that sounds

@Aethereus haha

i know what you mean

that works from my perspective as well

from my perspective, you may also be equated to a moving rock

but i tell you that i am very much "alive" and have a unique perspective

God is infinite!

an infinite # of perspectives / POV's simultaneously!

don't you think if you as aethereus or the consciousness "behind aethereus' eyes" was the only thing in existence... it would be very limited?

every inch and corner of existence is alive. all insects. birds. land and water animals. aliens. and beings we cannot even imagine have perspectives ... the watcher and knower of them all is ONE

it comes down to this:

this could just be writing appearing to you in your direct experience... soonhei, some character which appears before you and also claims to have a perspective...

or

soonhei does have a perspective. a very real one. just like you

right now it may seem like you're just choosing to believe one or the other option

but the latter is correct. and once you have a direct experience of God - more will be understood. and you will come to see that the word infinite also really cannot contain what the TRUTH is... it is beyond infinite!  

infinite perspectives. all unique.

*** your own direct experience leads the way for you :) 

Edited by SoonHei
clarification

Love Is The Answer

Great topic guys.

There is also a perspective you can take apon Awakening to Oneness that is God's perspective.  Not the formless or pure Being.  But the Godheads Mind in form.  From this amazing perspective you can be directly conscious that you as God are imagining all of this.  From this perspective all of you are my imagination.

It's really something special when you Awaken to this.  It's a whole other level of consciousness.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Now in either perspective you dont enter another's consciousness.   This is because from the ego's perspective you are limited by design.  If you could be another's consciousness you would stop being you and you would be that thing.  And from God's perspective in form - the giant Mind - all perspectives are being imagined by God so no need to enter a mind of something being dreamed by you.

So the only way you can know and be all perspectives and none simultaneously is to be pure Being or pure Potential. And thats as pure potential not form.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

the only way you can know and be all perspectives and none simultaneously is to be pure Being or pure Potential. And thats as pure potential not form.

@Inliytened1 love it

and pure potential is truly Infinite. 

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei i should say as far as it is known thus far.  Who knows on one of Leos DPT trips he may be able to enter the Godhead and tap into another's consciousness :)

There is no limit to the limitless.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

@SoonHei i should say as far as it is known thus far.  Who knows on one of Leos DPT trips he may be able to enter the Godhead and tap into another's consciousness :)

There is no limit to the limitless.

oh yes... and paradoxically there are also limits included in the super-set of limitlessness - truly limitless indeed :)

Love Is The Answer

Am I the only one who does not find solipsism an issue?

So what? What does it mean to be alone? Everything will stay the same. Nothing will change. What is so horrifying about being alone?

I think religion had this problem solved by saying that we are the same in substance (Source, Soul, God, Creator, etc...), and different in appearance.

Be careful of your interpretation of non-duality. Thoughts are not to be trusted.

Edited by Truth Addict

This is a proposition—and I know it is inconsistent with some traditional Eastern and Western Doctrines.

Namely, that alterity (otherness) is fundamentally core to essential simplicity. It is real, good, and hypo-static to be other. 

Maybe a relationship can have an existence that is greater than the sum of its parts.

20 hours ago, Aethereus said:

I want some serious thoughts

Scrutinize your premise. 

Do you? 

Really?

Is not “you” a serious enough thought already?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Scrutinize your premise. 

Do you? 

Really?

Is not “you” a serious enough thought already?

This is brilliant.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Truth Addict i didn't want to start up the whole Solipsism discussion again as there was a whole thread on it.   But yeah..i had the realization that it is total Solipsism.  Not as the self but as God.  I  am God am imagining all of it and that's all there is to it.  End of story.  Even to say there are other perspectives is concept and imagination.  To say you are imagining me right now is concept and imagination that i am imagining.  So it's a strange loop.  It can't be escaped.  There is nothing wrong with that.  

I know there is going to be opposition to this that's why i didn't make a thread about it.  But when i had the realization of Oneness a few months ago it took me some time to clarify this.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.