Devansh Saharan

Sadhguru on psychedelics.

241 posts in this topic

@Matteo ultimately you have to make a decision for yourself because there is no authority that you trust. Sadhguru tells you not to do them but you are still tempted so you question whether he's saying the truth or has an agenda to make such a call or isn't aware enough to really know.

I wouldn't recommend them either, two years ago I did like 10 LSD trips in 4months and I felt like my brain voltage kept going up, it was uncomfortable. After that one day I tried cannabis oil and I had a trip so powerful that I couldn't sleep for days. I felt like I couldn't keep hold of myself, feeling constantly slipping on a slope and if I didn't focus on my surroundings to hold myself in reality I would drift in imagination and the further I would let myself drift the more violent it was for me to come back and this would go on and on. It made me terribly anxious and after days of that I had to seek medical help, they gave me antipsychotics, I took them for few days and slowly the anxiety diminished. For months thereafter I had this voltage-like feeling, there is no clear cut line after which I considered myself back to before all this endeavour. So I can definitely see why they say it can mess up your energy system, and the sleeplessness that I had felt similar to Martin Ball's sleep issue description.

On the other hand Leo does a lot of those trips (mostly not with LSD) and is happy with them so far. He also considers those trips transformative although to me transformation is when a Buddha live like an ascetic for 6 years and then suddenly after sitting under a bodhi tree his life is forever settled in a direction. I have yet to know of an instance where a trip set someone unwavering for the rest of his life and more.

Edited by Tetcher

@Leo Gura What was the highest dose you have taken with LSD or any other derivate , since you say that you are very sensitve and don't need that much ? I was curious because in the new video you talked about seeing your hand full with eyes and imagining them and it became real. Was this on LSD or another substance ?

I tripped approx. 15-20 times now, but the enviroment was semi-optimal. Yet, I have a new idea where I could try it, so I was curious and I don't want to go overboard. Either that or 5-MeO DMT...

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

35 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

@Leo Gura What was the highest dose you have taken with LSD or any other derivate , since you say that you are very sensitve and don't need that much ? I was curious because in the new video you talked about seeing your hand full with eyes and imagining them and it became real. Was this on LSD or another substance ?

I have not done high doses of LSD. 125ug is plenty for me to have a very deep trip. Of course I could always double or triple it.

But 125ug of LSD enough for me to start seeing eyes in my couch pillow. It's a subtle effect. They are not full-blown eyes. But at higher doses they definitely will be. Mushrooms also work the same way for me. I tend to see eyes and other weird patterns on mushrooms.

Here's what I mean:

I tripped approx. 15-20 times now, but the enviroment was semi-optimal. Yet, I have a new idea where I could try it, so I was curious and I don't want to go overboard. Either that or 5-MeO DMT...

Most people will probably need more than 125ug of LSD to start seeing eyes and things.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Matteo Before you take someone's opinions on psychedelics seriously, ask them how many times they have done psychedelics and in what environment.

Then dimiss the opinions of everyone who has done fewer than 50 trips, since they have insufficient experience to speak about psychedelics.

If you take the opinions of people with zero psychedelic experience seriously, you will come to erronious conclusions.

@Leo Gura I understand that someone who has no experience or not enough experience with something isn't in the position to be knoledgeable on that thing. What makes me confused is that although some of those teachers who criticize psychedelics don't have much experience with them themselves, some of them claim to be extrasensory and to see things that a normal person wouldn't normally see. Let's say some of them are genuine: If I were extrasensory and I were able to see a correlation in people's body between energy damage and psychedelic usage, I'm not sure I would start taking them myself just to see if I get damaged also. So, even though those people have no experience themselves, aren't their capacities giving some validity to their perspective?

7 minutes ago, Matteo said:

So, even though those people have no experience themselves, aren't their capacities giving some validity to their perspective?

That is a fair point, IF TRUE. But that's a big IF.

There's a big difference between an extrasensory person actually looking at you after you've consumed psychedelics and telling you that they see something wrong in your body, versus them just making a generic proclamation that all psychedelics are energetically harmful.

The first case is a direct observation of a specific person and situation. The second case is a theoretical abstraction which can come from a biased, closedminded, sloppy, bigoted perspective.

It's the difference between saying: I was once robbed by a black guy versus saying all black guys are thieves. Very important difference!

The essence of bigotry is making overly broad claims about things which one has little to no experience of.

@Leo Gura I think what you're saying makes sense. I would like to interview one of those extrasensory people to know how they developed their opinion on the subject. Have you done such a thing? Have you had any occasion of meeting with an extrasensory person and have him check your body's condition? Are you interested in having this kind of feedback?

@Leo Gura Phycedelics damage the body and make it unsuitable for life, thus leaving the physical body. If you "bite the forbidden apple" you go straight to hell because you have no ability to discern reality and you believe your hallucinations and fantasy as being actual. If you really know that omnipresence is the non-dual conciousness, you can begin to explore this through the anahata path, unless you want to commit suicide by drugs...

24 minutes ago, Matteo said:

@Leo Gura I think what you're saying makes sense. I would like to interview one of those extrasensory people to know how they developed their opinion on the subject. Have you done such a thing? Have you had any occasion of meeting with an extrasensory person and have him check your body's condition? Are you interested in having this kind of feedback?

The difficulty with that is how are you/they going to distinguish body conditions which were caused by psychedelics vs other things?

I have many conditions which existed long before I did psychedelics. Sorting that out will get very tricky because the extrasensory person will not have intimate knowledge of my biology or life history. For example, I've struggled low energy problems for most of my adult life, a decade before I discovered psychedelics. But an extrasensory person might be tempted to blame it on using psychedelics, which would be a gross error.

In the end no one can know you better than you can know yourself. So if you really want to understand you must run your own experiments, not ask some stranger for answers. Any other you ask for answers is 1 step removed from your own direct experience and hence will always be less credible than your own direct experience.

@Leo Gura What if collectively, people have had the same non-dual experiences and you literally interacted with your guru? Would you listen to them then? If you literally had them do reiki on your brain, would you not call that inner engineering? ?. If you realised all your fears are simple coackroaches and pests, would you flinch in fear? If you realised the power of making your internal stimulants as opposed to relying on drugs, you would understand.

Edited by Anton_Pierre

@Anton_Pierre There can be no higher guru than oneself.

16 minutes ago, Anton_Pierre said:

@Leo Gura The guru you create knows you better than you know yourself.

Only if you haven't fully discovered yourself as God.

1 hour ago, Matteo said:

@Matteo Once you are in communication with your inner guru, you dont need anyone to tell you anything. Your inner guru/spirit guide will tell you what you need to know.

My spirit guide started communicating with me after my first psychedelic awakening. I always follow its advice and have never regretted it. I have been shown the importance of psychedelics in my spiritual evolution. 

You can judge the tree by the fruit on it. Psychedelics have born incredible fruit in my life. If someone is extrasensory, then they will tell me the good fruit is good fruit. If they say good fruit is bad fruit, than obviously they dont know what they are talking about.

Also, I am extrasensory so I can sense it myself. My psychic abilities started awakening about a year ago.

Edited by Matt8800

On 6/29/2019 at 11:10 AM, Chi_ said:

Apparently, Swami Vivekananda's guru turned himself into a female. He even menstruated. It has been recorded. I just came across this video

I would need to see his vagina before I believed it. I bet hes tucking the shaft between his legs. Prove me wrong ;)

People worship these gurus for the weirdest reasons. All someone would have to do is pretend they shit out their mouth and all of a sudden people are groveling at their feet. I dont get it.

Edited by Matt8800

3 hours ago, Anton_Pierre said:

@Leo Gura What if collectively, people have had the same non-dual experiences and you literally interacted with your guru? Would you listen to them then? If you literally had them do reiki on your brain, would you not call that inner engineering? ?. If you realised all your fears are simple coackroaches and pests, would you flinch in fear? If you realised the power of making your internal stimulants as opposed to relying on drugs, you would understand.

@Anton_PierreLearn to think for yourself and get connected to your own inner guru. Looking elsewhere for awakening is just a distraction. People waste lots of time with nonsense because they cant think for themselves. The only reason that you think psychedelics are "bad" is because you were told to think that and you were obedient. Maybe psychedelics arent for you but isnt it a bit presumptuous to tell other people that you know better than what their direct experience shows them?

Enlightenment is not as difficult as people make it out to be. Read the Yoga Sutras and follow instructions to dissolve attachments and aversions. Once the ego is dissolved and you come out the of other side of the "dark night" to equanimity, you will be somewhere on the enlightenment spectrum. No guru needed.

The Yoga Sutras say that if you follow its instructions, you will develop siddhis as a natural consequence (this happened to me). Then you dont need anyone to do any reiki or anything else on your brain because you can do it yourself. Isnt that the goal? You should be asking yourself why you dont think you could do it yourself with proper concentration and purification.

Edited by Matt8800

On 6/28/2019 at 4:18 PM, Anton_Pierre said:

Hara centering is required because it helps to remain fearless during this journey.

If you want to go to sleep, breath into your left lung, and say shiva-shambho. Shift the air into your right lung, and let the mechanism do it's job. 

@Anton_Pierre The belief is more important than any physical action.

Imagine that your guru tells you you can achieve enlightenment by sticking a finger in your nose and another finger in your butt. If you believe that you will have a powerful mystical experience with this "sacred ritual", you will have a mystical experience. Then you would believe that your guru knows what hes talking about and you would tell people that the best way to achieve transcendence is with fingers in the butt and nose. You would tell them you experienced this ritual's power for yourself and so can they - if they follow the same ritual.

If you call upon Thoth and believe his is going to powerfully interact with you, he will. If you believe in Shiva, it will be Shiva.

What matters is your belief. This principle is central to occult techniques and the reason why they can be so powerful. Once you understand this principle, you can use it in creative ways to achieve many things rather than being limited by it. Empowering rather than limiting.

If you believe there are 5 chakras and you work on all 5, you will get results.

If you believe there are 7 chakras and you work on all 7, you will get the same results.

etc, etc...

Edited by Matt8800

@Leo Gura Wow okay, I imagined them more intensely I did not think they would look so realistic more cartoon like, my vision becomes very anti-reality and colors change often like.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/File:WcYKq.gif
https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/File:LucytheFairy.gif

Otherwise I often have tracers and driftings effects for e.g I watched one video of you and was so fascinated by your head and the movement of it I watched the full hour+ lol.

I usually take 200ug, I cling very much to my body, even during the last retreat I was afraid to let go and therefore let my ego die. I often received compliments for my body because of this the "survial mechanism" is quite strong there. 

Even with 450ug of Al-LAD or 300ug 1P-LSD I did not have an ego death experience yet, I've gotten to know the Ox but ... dying freaks my brain out I can describe it more accurately currently. 

I do have a lot of internal hallucinations, so I want to see some entity either once in my life lol. But they are more scenary in nature, like imagining snow scapes or landscapes and the feelings of vastness and space associated with it, especially many child like feelings like riding a bike.

Did you ever contact an entity in any form ? Be it an insect, machine elf or w/e there is apparently ?

10 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

@Matteo Once you are in communication with your inner guru, you dont need anyone to tell you anything. Your inner guru/spirit guide will tell you what you need to know.

It's true as long as you fully realize your outer teachers and signs are all your "inner" guru. 

"A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?""

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost