Devansh Saharan

Sadhguru on psychedelics.

241 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The most powerful technology is spiritual technology. The most advanced guru is psychedelics.

You will never meet a human guru more powerful than 5-MeO-DMT.

I have often thought that psychedelics could be the ultimate bodhisattvas. That a (psychedelic) molecule is the ultimate embodiment of a particular being who has chosen to become that molecule to reach as many other beings as possible. Maybe that's why its so common for people to report similar 'spirits' of specific plants etc. Each molecule has something different to share (they say each of the human bodhisattvas embody a different dominating quality)

what better way to teach people, than plugging directly into their brain lol! (more effective than sitting in front of a well meaning guru and listening to words!)

^but that doesn't mean we should take them all the time. remember, we can't do the real work if we are constantly in class getting bombarded with info. We should take the lesson, do our homework, and return for the next one when we have understood the first lesson completely!

Edited by passerby

@Leo Gura In 10 years time Leo, in 10 years time, I will have more DMT in my system naturally.

Edited by Anton_Pierre

Funny how Sadhguru has no problem riding a sports car, motorcycle, airplane, or helicopter rather than using his legs, but then has a problem with using technology to travel within one's own mind.

That's a rather materialistic view of technology.

If he is such an inner engineer, why neglect the most powerful inner engineering tools?

None of his programs will change you as much as a few psychedelic trips will.

The most powerful technology is spiritual technology. The most advanced guru is psychedelics.

It is stupid that you think that he really is against psychedelics, he's just obviously trying to be cautious in front of the masses. Come on!

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

btw, if anyone wants to read more about what other 'masters' have to say re psychedelics, the book Zig Zag Zen is apparently very good (I hven't read it but its on my list).  but I think it basically ended up 50/50 on whether they're useful or not

Edited by passerby

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because if that happened they'd all soon realize they are full of shit.

Explain what you mean by this.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

None of his programs will change you as much as a few psychedelic trips will.

So you would you agree to say that attending his 4 day inner engineering program (with learning the shambhavi kriya) is nothing really worthwhile compared to taking a couple of psychedelic trips? 

Im highly considering attending one these btw.

5 hours ago, Anton_Pierre said:

Drugs can damage the yogic system.

And a motorcycle can damage the yogic system. That didn't keep Sadhguru from loving them.

Hasn't your mother ever told you to not ride motorcycles? ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Rinne said:

So you would you agree to say that attending his 4 day inner engineering program (with learning the shambhavi kriya) is nothing really worthwhile compared to taking a couple of psychedelic trips? 

Im highly considering attending one these btw.

I didn't say it wasn't worthwhile. His programs are good. But 5-MeO-DMT is better.

And also, you can do both, so there's no need to disparage one or the other.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And a motorcycle can damage the yogic system. That didn't keep Sadhguru from loving them.

LOL. I can't even imagine how he looks like riding a motorcycle. ???

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because if that happened they'd all soon realize they are full of shit.

True. Much ego games.

12 hours ago, Girzo said:

No. Just no. Can we stop spreading false scientific theories? 5-MeO being produced purposefully in the body is a bold claim and I am not aware of any evidence that proves it.

Yes, it's a cool guess, but don't state it as a fact, please.

I'm sorry, I read it somewhere but never looked for evidence. Thank you for the clarification.

Edited by Truth Addict

For all of you who are arguing that Sadhguru is deep and meaningful for rejecting psychedelics. I think he's not. I think he's just serving some political agenda.

Why is he so against them? Why is he so sure? Something seems fishy here. Authority abuse.

He could have easily said that he doesn't know, and that he's not interested in them because they seem harmful.

But no, he has to maintain something, an image of himself, or something else.

Edited by Truth Addict

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Funny how Sadhguru has no problem riding a sports car, motorcycle, airplane, or helicopter rather than using his legs, but then has a problem with using technology to travel within one's own mind.

That's a rather materialistic view of technology.

If he is such an inner engineer, why neglect the most powerful inner engineering tools?

Great point Leo.

However, I think if someone doesn't integrate into modern times, they will have huge social problems. He is obviously playing the whole guru role and all the 'cool' traits he has. I don't think teleportation would play a good role in his mission to bring well being to the world. People will immediately start worshipping him and he is smarter than that.

Having said that, he has performed many acts in the past which would seem supernatural by everyone who has witnessed them. I wouldn't write them here unless anyone wants to know specifically :D 

10 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

Having said that, he has performed many acts in the past which would seem supernatural by everyone who has witnessed them. I wouldn't write them here unless anyone wants to know specifically :D 

I used to perform lots of crazyass supernatural acts myself too, in my dreams. I've mostly forgot about them 

9_9

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 minute ago, Preetom said:

I used to perform lots of crazyass supernatural acts myself too, in my dreams. I've mostly forgot about them 

9_9

Haven't we all :D:D

1 minute ago, Chi_ said:

Haven't we all :D:D

So basically I am a Sadhguru in dream state but a deluded fool in the waking state? ??

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Just now, Preetom said:

So basically I am a Sadhguru in dream state but a deluded fool in the waking state? ??

Yeah but in the end only we make the distinction between the two states right?

2 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

Yeah but in the end only we make the distinction between the two states right?

Yes. So basically we all have a sadhguru side in us hmm..

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Please only take what you may from this but this was his description of his enlightenment experience and it sounded so much like what Leo explained in the Total Omniscience Video with psychedelics, especially the part where I have highlighted.

"After the experience I had on Chamundi Hill[where he had his first enlightenment experience] , time and space started flipping in me. Suddenly what was there was here; what was then was now. I could see everyone's past, present and future at the same time. It was one grand confusion. But it was also utterly beautiful. I realized then that all human experience is self-created. Though most human beings believe that their experience is created by events around them, I realized that it is hundred per cent self-created. You can make your experience whichever way you want.

Just to feel a moment of pleasantness within oneself, how much indignity each human being is going through. Just to experience one moment of completeness, what a circus people are making of their lives. And it will never be enough. There will always be a longing in human beings for something more. This compulsion to go beyond compulsion is a fundamental human need. "

Quoted from book ''More than  a Life''

Edited by Chi_

10 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Yes. So basically we all have a sadhguru side in us hmm..

Yes :)

@Leo Gura If your doing this research into Phycedelics, you should at least tell the children about the bad uncles ;).