Devansh Saharan

Sadhguru on psychedelics.

241 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

Lol some of you people. Let's hope Sadhguru never tells you to jump off a bridge.

My thoughts exactly....

@Chi_

IMG_20190626_182846.jpg

IMG_20190626_183222.jpg

Well maybe you're smarter then me but it took me 2 years to get the point of that story :)

Here's another funny joke that took a long time for me to understand :)6.20

@Devansh Saharan :)

Edited by Salvijus

@Esoteric Don't make Sadhguru out to be so petty. You must have absolute trust in your guru and his abilities, or else he's not a guru

Edited by Anton_Pierre

1 hour ago, Anton_Pierre said:

@Esoteric Don't make Sadhguru out to be so petty. You must have absolute trust in your guru and his abilities, or else he's not a guru

@Anton_Pierre Some people dont believe everything someone says just because they claim to be a "guru". He's not my guru.

Besides, his abilities are not that unusual if you are familiar with the occult. Sadhguru just doesnt tell his secrets to his followers because if his followers gained the same powers, they would see that they dont need him the way he wants to be needed. 

Edited by Matt8800

Yes, and that guru should be you.

No genuine guru will tell you to be a devotee, because a real guru fully know it will never get you where you really want to be.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Remember, first hand experience is number one. Don't take someone else's word on anything. Try what you wish and wish what you try. Trust your heart and you will never wander far.

@Shin Maybe a guru knows how to instil selfless behaviours into their followers, to help prepare them.

@Matt8800 The body produces 5-MeO-DMT naturally from the pineal gland. Some practices, such as dark room retreats, can alter its production.

Becoming a unicorn is much more complex. LOL.

@Devansh Saharan Thanks for sharing ?

I think Sadhguru does not know what he's talking about.

• The Buddha had become enlightened under a tree (chemicals in the air).
  • Moses had become enlightened when he went to the burning bush (smoking unintentionally, probably ayahuasca).

What we must understand is that we are not separate from our environment. So, the "chemicals" argument becomes very silly, because we're being exposed to chemicals all the time (including food and water).

Edited by Truth Addict

There's something about Sadhguru that does not feel right to me. The way he always wants to elevate himself. Alot of those pics he throws up on youtube with a message is often him wanting to come across as a superhuman. He seems a bit full of himself. 

Also so there is so much unnecessary "info" he talks about. Like "don't sleep facing north or you'll get a stroke" and shit like that. "Do this for x amount of months of time and you'll get blah".

But to each their own.

@Salvijus  Ohhh yes I know this! I had to listen to it over and over again to understand it but now that I read it again I get it :D

42 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Matt8800 The body produces 5-MeO-DMT naturally from the pineal gland. Some practices, such as dark room retreats, can alter its production.

Becoming a unicorn is much more complex. LOL.

Thats fair but it illustrates my point that Sadhguru isnt quite as elevated and unique as he would like people to believe. Be wary of people that hype themselves.

34 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

There's something about Sadhguru that does not feel right to me. The way he always wants to elevate himself. Alot of those pics he throws up on youtube with a message is often him wanting to come across as a superhuman. He seems a bit full of himself. 

Also so there is so much unnecessary "info" he talks about. Like "don't sleep facing north or you'll get a stroke" and shit like that. "Do this for x amount of months of time and you'll get blah".

But to each their own.

Well anyone speaking to large crowds has to sit or stand in an elevated position. Even the president does and maybe you did as well when you performed at a concert in school when you were a kid.

I understand where you are coming from. It is not easy to listen to someone talking about things like he knows it all and especially with a turban on his head. Does it almost feel like some religious mumbo jumbo guy trying to get you to believe that he is the deal and knows it all?? :D

Well, it is important to look at this from a different point of view.

Since we are just in a culture that is transcending religion and into a science/atheist based culture, it is easy to dismiss a guy like Sadhguru all together because he resembles a religious character. So see if you are unknowingly projecting these assumptions onto him.

Secondly, his full time work is not to go around and do Sathsangs all over and get more people to believe his stuff. It is easy to assume that by just seeing him on youtube and on social media. A big portion of his work lies in changing policies and economies, education and helping people get out of poverty in rural India (for now). The biggest goal of his life which he spent decades was something called the ''Dhyanalinga'' which you can research about if you want.  But basically it is an energy form which will last forever and if you set foot into its vicinity, you will automatically become meditative.

On top of it, he has other social projects going in many fields. One of them is an ecological project where they planted over 30 million trees in the last decade. The whole planet is benefiting from something like that, even the people who are not fans of him. They will still breathe in the oxygen of those plants and enjoy a planet without global warming unknowingly.

Therefore please do your research on what he has accomplished in his life before making full judgements ;)  It is really fascinating to see what he has accomplished in just the last 2 decades. Probably most people wont end up doing  a fraction of it by the end of their lives.

Edited by Chi_

3 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

I understand where you are coming from. It is not easy to listen to someone talking about things like he knows it all and especially with a turban on his head. Does it almost feel like some religious mumbo jumbo guy trying to get you to believe that he is the deal and knows it all?? :D

Well, it is important to look at this from a different point of view.

Since we are just in a culture that is transcending religion and into a science/atheist based culture, it is easy to dismiss a guy like Sadhguru all together because he resembles a religious character. So see if you are unknowingly projecting these assumptions onto him.

Secondly, his full time work is not to go around and do Sathsangs all over and get more people to believe his stuff. It is easy to assume that by just seeing him on youtube and on social media. His main work lies in changing policies and economies, education and helping people get out of poverty. The biggest goal of his life which he spent decades was something called the ''Dhyanalinga'' which you can research about if you want.  But basically it is an energy form which will last forever and if you set foot into its vicinity, you will automatically become meditative.

On top of it, he has other social projects going in many fields. One of them is an ecological project where they planted over 30 million trees in the last decade. The whole planet is benefiting from something like that, even the people who are not fans of him. They will still breathe in the oxygen of those plants and enjoy a planet without global warming unknowingly.

Therefore please do your research on what he has accomplished in his life before making full judgements ;) 

I have watched many many hours of Sadhguru. I know very well about his Isha foundation and the work they do. Just because he doesn't resonate with me much doesn't mean I think what he does is bad. It's not all black and white. He does good stuff, and what he has accomplished is quite a feat.

Sorry if I offended your leader.

Just now, Esoteric said:

I have watched many many hours of Sadhguru. I know very well about his Isha foundation and the work they do. Just because he doesn't resonate with me much doesn't mean I think what he does is bad. It's not all black and white. He does good stuff, and what he has accomplished is quite a feat.

Sorry if I offended your leader.

It's chill, I made the assumption myself that you might not be aware of his work and that you are falsely projecting stuff.

He is definitely not anyone's leader and certainly not mine :)

@Devansh Saharan I think Sadhguru is wise beyond our understanding, and part of that wisdom is being aware that he speaks to the masses. He knows that for thousands of people he is a true authority figure, and they'll do whatever he says. When your words have so much power, you have to be responsible about it, and it maybe isn't a great idea to endorse the use of psychedelics publicly. He also knows some of his listeners maybe would be ready for it, but so many more wouldn't, so it is best saying drugs aren't the best idea, and there are safer ways.

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

@Mondsee No, he's genuinely concerned about you navigating into uncharted territory. Omnipresence is another dimension of reality, which is like zooming out of your localisation of conciousness to see the planet as an organism mind. If you're not ready, you'll be absolutely afraid of what you may find and you will not be so sweet anymore. Taking certain phycedelics is like inviting demons into your life, if you're concious enough...

Edited by Anton_Pierre

6 hours ago, Chi_ said:

Thank you for sharing this.

Honestly speaking I'm not in a position to speak for either of the sides (Sadhguru's or Psychedelics) as I'm neither enlightened nor an experienced Psychonaut.

However having said that, the chances of Sadhguru advocating for Psychedelics is super low even if it could have some benefit becauce he is looking at the big picture always when he is talking given that he is definitely a great example of Turquoise. 

He is a very socially aware person than most of us. He always speaks according to where the current society is at. If he does advocate for Psychedelics in the current society (which is mostly at Blue / Orange) in the world, it will not play well. If Sadhguru was speaking to a Yellow or higher audience, I think he will definitely talk about this differently. His words could affect thousands of people so he chooses them wisely.

Mystics always are in tune with their times.

Finally I am also not dismissing the idea that his actual knowledge of Psychedelics might be very limited but I am going with my first opinion 

The guy/girl who asked Sadghuru this kind of questions in a big audience have zero social awareness and then the guru responded with a "canned response" because every person is in a different stage of their spiritual path., and he doesnt want to be so irresponsible to recommend some psychedelic to a newbie. probably in private he would explain his experiencies more openly.

1 hour ago, Chi_ said:

@Salvijus  Ohhh yes I know this! I had to listen to it over and over again to understand it but now that I read it again I get it :D

Haha :D nice :)

1 hour ago, Matt8800 said:

The body produces 5-MeO-DMT naturally from the pineal gland.

No. Just no. Can we stop spreading false scientific theories? 5-MeO being produced purposefully in the body is a bold claim and I am not aware of any evidence that proves it.

Yes, it's a cool guess, but don't state it as a fact, please.

Edited by Girzo