Natasha

Did You Know? - Interesting Food Facts and Trivia

114 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, pluto said:

We're all addicted to food, we shouldn't of ever ate that damn apple.

It cost our immortality.

Yeah, the first people should have roasted and eaten that devil serpin too :D

On 7/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, Natasha said:

Yeah, the first people should have roasted and eaten that devil serpin too :D

What is the strangest / most exotic thing you have eaten? For me, I’d say alligator tail in a New Orleans Cajun restaurant. I’m vegetarian, yet made an exception to try it.

18 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

What is the strangest / most exotic thing you have eaten? For me, I’d say alligator tail in a New Orleans Cajun restaurant. I’m vegetarian, yet made an exception to try it.

I live in Florida and they serve alligator tail at a few restaurants here too. I've tried it before, very mild tender meat, was all right.

Perhaps the strangest dish I've had was chicken or fish broth cooked with chopped up veggies and then cooled and jellied in the fridge. It's a French dish that is very popular in my country of origin Ukraine. My Mom and I are the only people I know here in the Sates who would eat it, but then again when you grow up with something, you don't know any different and learn to like it by default.

@Natasha Whoops, I forgot about the gibnut in belize. It’s a rare rodent they serve to royalty. Soooo good ? 

CB333346-EB6B-41BF-B8BB-1AC08E456496.jpeg

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

@Natasha Whoops, I forgot about the gibnut in belize. It’s a rare rodent they serve to royalty. Soooo good ? 

CB333346-EB6B-41BF-B8BB-1AC08E456496.jpeg

Omg no way :o Rodents creep me out xD

Wild blueberries have just about the highest antioxidant values that can be found in fruit, but make sure you get organic, the conventionally raised ones use some of the worst pesticides. They have lower sugar content than cultivated blueberries and are much smaller, freeze great and are perfect for adding to smoothies or on cereal. I eat them straight frozen year round, let them thaw five or ten minutes and eat them straight frozen in place of ice cream. I used to help harvest them when I was a teenager for extra money. The prices farmers get have stayed the same for about 30 years and they are starting to stop caring for and harvesting fields and now we are even seeing the land go up for sale for just the value of the land. It's a shame to see farmers struggle to raise such an amazingly healthy food, but they need the push to go organic. If you can find frozen wild blueberries where you are please help supporting the farmers. 

https://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/wild-blueberries

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@Natasha Do you mean aspik? My parents sometimes do it here but I hate it xD 

In my native language it's called kholodets. They eat it with mustard and/or horseradish on top C(:

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

They have lower sugar content than cultivated blueberries and are much smaller, freeze great and are perfect for adding to smoothies or on cereal. I eat them straight frozen year round, let them thaw five or ten minutes and eat them straight frozen in place of ice cream

That's exactly how I eat mine too :)

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Wild blueberries have just about the highest antioxidant values that can be found in fruit

I've also found out Matcha tea to be another high in antioxidants food. I think like 5 or 10 times higher than even wild blueberries. It comes in a powdered form, I use it for smoothies or sprinkle on my coconut or almond milk ice-cream.

@Natasha  I thought it would be more similar given that we are both Slavs.. :D Interesting

11 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Natasha  I thought it would be more similar given that we are both Slavs.. :D Interesting

Yeah, I think we're talking about the same dish, though C(:

4 hours ago, Natasha said:

I've also found out Matcha tea to be another high in antioxidants food. I think like 5 or 10 times higher than even wild blueberries. It comes in a powdered form, I use it for smoothies or sprinkle on my coconut or almond milk ice-cream.

I've never tried it, I don't know why, thanks for reminding me that I need too! xD I drink green tea everyday. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 06/07/2019 at 2:38 PM, Natasha said:

Yeah Matcha is high in antioxidants. Hibiscus Tea is another beverage that is very high in antioxidants. Hibiscus tea is also caffeine free, unlike matcha . There are also a lot of herbs and spices that are high in antioxidants such as Amla.

1 minute ago, CGeo said:

Yeah Matcha is high in antioxidants. Hibiscus Tea is another beverage that is very high in antioxidants. Hibiscus tea is also caffeine free, unlike matcha . There are also a lot of herbs and spices that are high in antioxidants such as Amla.

Thanks for the Hibiscus tea suggestion. My local health food store carries all kinds of herbs in bulk, including the herbs you mentioned.

Will have to try it C(:

6 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Thanks for the Hibiscus tea suggestion. My local health food store carries all kinds of herbs in bulk, including the herbs you mentioned.

Will have to try it C(:

No probs ?

2 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Natasha You better eat the toy from happy meal ;) 

Yeah lol Would be as nutritious as everything else on their menu xD

I never thought there was so many crazy things in food @Natasha thanks for this thread I am more aware now hehehe...

I found out "How Much Mouse Poop, Maggots, and Cigarette Butts the FDA Allows in Your Food"

Lol

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/food/g19934852/common-food-contaminants/

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16