BlackPhil

How do you explain astral projection/planes of "reality"?

48 posts in this topic

So Im wondering what the nondual perspective on astral projection is? I myself am a nondualist, I agree that the source/god/infinity is one conciousness, but from what I can tell from Leo, and also people like Martin Ball, is the idea that the illusion of the self/separation only goes as deep as this physical body? And that, for instance, when we die we immedietly go nondual.  But why do we in this case "have" an astral body?

First time I experienced an astral projection was before I even had a clue what it was. Back then I was a young agnostic/sceptic who was only trying to provoke lucid dreaming by basically doing a form of meditation in my bed. After a while I got intense vibrations in my whole body before my astral body separated, limb by limb, and went hovering above my bed (in the astral plane). After that experience I started studying what it was and have since then experienced it many times (was some time ago now, seems I cant do it as easily nowdays for some reason).

I mean judging from this I must assume that the illusion of the self/ego/perspective goes way "deeper" that this physical body. Also there are many people who claim there are further planes that you can visit "above" the astral one (like so called mental planes etc) all the way til the source/god. I personally never went this far but my experiences with just astral one (where Ive met entities and seen incredible stuff) has been very intense and convincing, so I would like to hear Leos thoughts on whats going on here.

I can add that this always happened without any form of drugs. I have since then experimented with many psychedelics from lsd to ayahuasca/dmt (not 5 meo yet) and sure it can be amazing and insightful but it still feels very different from an actual astral projection (including dmt-breakthrough). 

To me it seems like the illusion of this reality has different planes, where this physical one is the final one with the most dense vibration of energy/consciousness so to speak. And that all forms that exist in this illusion also has "images" on the other planes before the final manifistation here.

I know that in reality its actually nothing but it seems like the illusion has many layers to it.

Edited by BlackPhil

1 hour ago, BlackPhil said:

To me it seems like the illusion of this reality has different planes, where this physical one is the final one with the most dense vibration of energy/consciousness so to speak. And that all forms that exist in this illusion also has "images" on the other planes before the final manifistation here.

I know that in reality its actually nothing but it seems like the illusion has many layers to it.

Everything speaks for the 'fact' that it is so. But it is people who have experienced that states should try to investigate whats goin on.

18 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

This article is cool if you want to know how the brain reacts to these experiences: https://gizmodo.com/scientists-unlock-mystery-of-woman-who-sees-herself-out-1538196076 The perspective is very scientific though.

Nondualism perspective would be its just another experience in all of this. There would be no 'planes' separating it.

Well Im not really looking for rationalist-scientists attempts to explain and rationalise the irrational, you dont get very far by listening to them. Im not really that interested in exactly what happens in the brain during these experiences, but the metaphysical stuff. 

These scientists claiming its an hallucination, not even yet grasping that everything including this physical reality is one. I cant really take modern scientists seriously when it comes to spirutual/meta- questions.

And I know its just one thing when we bring it down fully, but planes would be a way to put words to something thats going on here.

Edited by BlackPhil

17 hours ago, tedens said:

Everything speaks for the 'fact' that it is so. But it is people who have experienced that states should try to investigate whats goin on.

Yes Ive been both trying to explore it myself and listened to people with much experience. But since Leo and people like Martin Ball claims that the ego just consists of this physical body/mind I would like to here their take on this stuff. Does Leo have any personal experience with astral projection etc?

(Typing from phone)

No he hasn't. Glad to hear here such a seeker. What with Your state of awareness during those states?

Edited by tedens

3 hours ago, BlackPhil said:

Well Im not really looking for rationalist-scientists attempts to explain and rationalise the irrational, you dont get very far by listening to them. Im not really that interested in exactly what happens in the brain during these experiences, but the metaphysical stuff. 

These scientists claiming its an hallucination, not even yet grasping that everything including this physical reality is one. I cant really take modern scientists seriously when it comes to spirutual/meta- questions.

And I know its just one thing when we bring it down fully, but planes would be a way to put words to something thats going on here.

Sorry. I'm a bit of a lens collector myself. :D 

Child's play, that's what it is. Nothing can be compared to the conscious realization of God. It's so obvious. I am not. I am God only.

This Truth is so shocking that I can't proclaim it enough. I'm conscious that I am God and Nothing can do anything about it. If you doubt me you are the ignorant fool doubting and denying yourself. I am God and I say it with absolute Certainty. 

Just now, Conrad said:

This Truth is so shocking that I can't proclaim it enough. I'm conscious that I am God and Nothing can do anything about it. If you doubt me you are the ignorant fool doubting and denying yourself. I am God and I say it with absolute Certainty. 

Be careful with that insight.

"God is in the earthworm but the earthworm is far from God." - The Kyballion

Keep the ego humble.

1 minute ago, Shadowraix said:

Be careful with that insight.

"God is in the earthworm but the earthworm is far from God." - The Kyballion

Keep the ego humble.

God is not in the earthworm, God IS the earthworm. I will keep my ego humble after my 100g trip.

4 minutes ago, Conrad said:

God is not in the earthworm, God IS the earthworm. I will keep my ego humble after my 100g trip.

It will have no choice. History is coming. Truth is coming. The death of the illusory ego is coming. 

20 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Read between the lines. There is a point being made with that statement. 

1 minute ago, Shadowraix said:

Read between the lines. There is a point being made with that statement. 

Enlighten me

@Conrad

To take a modern example, let us say that Othello, Iago, Hamlet, Lear, Richard III, existed merely in the mind of Shakespeare, at the time of their conception or creation. And yet, Shakespeare also existed within each of these characters, giving them their vitality, spirit, and action. Whose is the "spirit" of the characters that we know as Micawber, Oliver Twist, Uriah Heep — is it Dickens, or have each of these characters a personal spirit, independent of their creator? Have the Venus of Medici, the Sistine Madonna, the Appollo Belvidere, spirits and reality of their own, or do they represent the spiritual and mental power of their creators? The Law of Paradox explains that both propositions are true, viewed from the proper viewpoints. Micawber is both Micawber, and yet Dickens. And, again, while Micawber may be said to be Dickens, yet Dickens is not identical with Micawber. Man, like Micawber, may exclaim: "The Spirit of my Creator is inherent within me — and yet I am not HE!" How different this from the shocking half-truth so vociferously announced by certain of the half-wise, who fill the air with their raucous cries of: "I Am God!" Imagine poor Micawber, or the sneaky Uriah Heep, crying: "I Am Dickens"; or some of the lowly clods in one of Shakespeare's plays, grandiloquently announcing that: "I Am Shakespeare!" THE ALL is in the earth-worm, and yet the earth-worm is far from being THE ALL And still the wonder remains, that though the earth-worm exists merely as a lowly thing, created and having its being solely within the Mind of THE ALL — yet THE ALL is immanent in the earth-worm, and in the particles that go to make up the earth-worm. Can there be any greater mystery than this of "All in THE ALL; and THE ALL in All?"

The student will, of course, realize that the illustrations given above are necessarily imperfect and inadequate, for they represent the creation of mental images in finite minds, while the Universe is a creation of Infinite Mind — and the difference between the two poles separates them. And yet it is merely a matter of degree — the same Principle is in operation — the Principle of Correspondence manifests in each — "As above, so Below; as Below, so above."

The Kyballion is a really wonderfully written book.

I'm reading "Ask and it is given"

I can tell you guys, my "woo woo" bullshit detector went off in hyperspace in the first 20 pages xD xD xD 

Good exercice to deconstruct the remant of materialist in me xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

24 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Enlighten me

Nice. All in the All and the All in All. That's pure non-duality, that is God. There is no existence apart from God, independent individuality is a complete illusion.

This is so obvious when one becomes conscious of God, the illusion of personhood gets completely annihilated. It's so obvious, so obvious. 

Guys I thought this will be serious conversation on topic. 

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

There is no existence apart from God, independent individuality is a complete illusion.

This is so obvious when one becomes conscious of God, the illusion of personhood gets completely annihilated. It's so obvious, so obvious. 

Right. Very few of us are in a state of permanent nondual consciousness. Not even Leo entirely.

This is why the illusion of separation can make a great tool to stop the ego from self-identifying and getting inflated. The "I am God!" half-truth can quickly become a game of narcissism. Nonduality to fuel the duality.

This is why wisdom is so important. Handle knowledge with care.

13 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Right. Very few of us are in a state of permanent nondual consciousness. Not even Leo entirely.

This is why the illusion of separation can make a great tool to stop the ego from self-identifying and getting inflated. The "I am God!" half-truth can quickly become a game of narcissism. Nonduality to fuel the duality.

This is why wisdom is so important. Handle knowledge with care.

I understand. But I am God is a full truth, there is nothing else you are. You can't possibly be something else, this is Absolute actuality. I am aware that this can lead to ego games. But my 100g trip will kill the ego. I'm waiting for that day. It will change everything forever.  

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Child's play, that's what it is. Nothing can be compared to the conscious realization of God. It's so obvious. I am not. I am God only.

Nothing better to do than telling it on actualnothingness' godboy ?

Paradoxing myself there. I m in the waiting room

Edited by Aeris