Pouya

Why dmt and 5 meo are illegal when they're not that harmful?

16 posts in this topic

In Iran, they're illegal because they claim that these cause extraordinary experiences and that makes the person more curious to try it again and they get "addicted". Not physically, but like a habit. 

There are other reasons too but I don't see them as legit reasons to ban them.

Why not ban smoking and poisonous sugar drinks then? Cause they get profits from them.

Why are they illegal in your country/area?

Edited by Pouya

well, everything has double use, majority of people use it for their negative reason ( 4 example :escaping from the reality of their status quo and etc) and they act out like dumbs, that's why it's illegal...

speaking about sugar beverages and cigarettes, do you think any government in the world including first and third world shut down these companies and factories which are lucrative businesses and they get advantages and their own cut from these businesses?  BTW, psychedelics and beverages are categorized differently and the policy of countries exhibit different behaviors for every topic...

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@Mikael89 what if people were educated about it on how to use it safely? So much to want but it could be amazing.

Like saying having sex makes you get all kinds of illnesses. 

@Mikael89 @hamedsf

I think a society with pschycedelics can be effective when they're only used in specific ceremonies and under control of experienced experts.

Great that we have them in some countries at least. 

1 minute ago, Pouya said:

@Mikael89 what if people were educated about it on how to use it safely? So much to want but it could be amazing.

Like saying having sex makes you get all kinds of illnesses. 

Sex is how Life continues, like drinking water and eating food. It's a completely different matter.

1 minute ago, Pouya said:

I think a society with pschycedelics can be effective when they're only used in specific ceremonies and under control of experienced experts.

Yes, that's the way it's going to be. I know that such societies exist legally in Brazil, United States, Portugal, Australia, Spain, Switzerland and Netherlands.

I'm not very optimistic about Russia, China and North Korea, though.

unborn Truth

They are very harmful to the devils who run government and religion.

Stop assuming that the drug regulators are looking out for you. They looking out for their wallets and egos.

If 5-MeO ever became legal the world would change more radically than from the internet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Psychiatric hospitals are full of people that also thought "what can go wrong? Why is it even illegal?"...

2 hours ago, Pouya said:

http://spiritshare.net/psychedelics-now-halal-in-islam/

Fuck yeah xD At least it's not Haram!

@Pouya Yo this is a lie.

Anything that change your state of consciousness unnaturally is not halal, eg.alcohol etc. Including those that are harmful to your body(be it food or lifestyle). 

The only plant that I know of some muslim do eat as their culture is something in Yemen. I can't remember what it's called but it makes you more energetic/high(?). But it doesn't makes them crazy. 

Edited by Angelite

In Poland a chunk of non-classic psychedelics have been intentionally left unregulated during last delegalization of research chemicals, because of their low abuse potential.

Which leaves me optimistic for the future, considering that Poland is now ruled by a right-wing catholic party. If they don't ban psychedelics then who would dare to.

5-MeO got delegalized there in 2015 along with many amphetamine- and mdma-like substances. 2C-x's and NBOMe's got banned, too. There are a few reasons for that but mainly it was because of this association with other problematic drugs like 4-MMC or A-PVP. Sellers had some psychedelics alongside those harmful substances in offer and they all got banned after a rise in death statistics caused by aformentioned drugs.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If 5-MeO ever became legal the world would change more radically than from the internet.

I see that as a distant future. At least a century.

5-meo-DMT was unscheduled until several years ago, any record of how and why that changed?

2 hours ago, XYZ said:

5-meo-DMT was unscheduled until several years ago, any record of how and why that changed?

My guess (not confirmed) is that being so long ago, MEO was probably LESS known and researched than it is today. It only takes a few people to misuse something for gov to freak out and lay the ban hammer (besides other reasons) . Like up here in Canada Salvia was legal, then all of a sudden it wasn't. Again, likely due to misuse by a very small group of people. 

So before 7 years ago, I'd assume that that is when people died (by mixing with MAOI's for example) .

But now we know a lot more about it. Doses, effects, and so on. So it is actually relatively MORE safe now than it was then. Simply due to knowledge. 

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

Perception is everything. If they deem it as harmful to their agenda they won't allow it. A government has the issue as the lawmakers only looking out for themselves. Usually they disguise that by more freedom for sake of their own freedom. Drug use of rich people is far more excused than the poor.. 

Edited by Shadowraix