Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tetcher

Ram Bomjon known as the "buddha boy" is a psychopath.

7 posts in this topic

I remember when I was a kid documentaries about this 15 years old sitting under a tree for months. He was advertised to not eat or drink for months on end, of course he was undoubtebly fed at night as his handlers would hide him behind a rug during nights but still sitting under a tree unmoving during the day for months is something. A crew claims they recorded him for 4 days, they skip a lot of footage but we can still see him unmoving for many hours straight :

Now I checked what he became since then,  he has an ashram and apparently the guy is a psychopath. There are records of him beating people up, kidnapping them, holding them hostage, torturing them, performing sexual assault, he killed his sister, harassed his family, people disappeared... There is a lot of detailed material describing his deeds on the internet but here is a good documented summary :

https://halkoriatimes.wordpress.com/2014/11/25/the-ram-bahadur-bomjon-controversy/#more-28

So as you can see one can be able to sit unmoving all days long for months and years and still be a power lusting psychopath. He is well connected with his government and intend on opening more ashrams. Despite all this material people are still revering to him because nobody can deny that this guy can sit and his damage control seems to work so far.

@Tetcher Thanks for the info. I can't confirm that it's true, but I felt disappointment just from reading some of the sources.

unborn Truth

8 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@Tetcher Thanks for the info. I can't confirm that it's true, but I felt disappointment just from reading some of the sources.

You're welcome. I too was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but there are blog posts of followers with a genuine tone that describe how they were disappointed to witness what seemed unwarranted display of violence on his end. Apparently some of his behavior is explained by the fact that people were bullying him so yeah even if you're a meditator you have to defend yourself, and it's easy to preach non violence for me when I live in a western society that arrived to law and order after a history of war and colonization when his country was rather on the receiving end of it. But still that's a lot of material to justify from an alleged enlightened being.

Here is some more material :

Another documented summary : https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/the-dark-secrets-of-nepals-famous-buddha-boy

Some blog posts from people having witnessed his unwarranted violence : https://halkoriatimes.wordpress.com/2015/03/23/repost-of-a-scary-witness-account-about-ram-bomjon/

There is more if you're interested you can just research on a search engine and follow the links in the summaries.

Edited by Tetcher

He definitely comes out as extremely violent teacher (in secret). Since this thread sparked interest in me regarding this guru, I've done some research on him. I also watched about 2.5 hours of videos which contained testimonial from Mareechi about her unfortunate fate in Bomjon's ashram in 2011 and 2012. Her life story before the incident and what brought her to Nepal was very interesting btw.

I have no reason to disbelieve her with all the proofs she provides. The torture was extreme and she must be really strong person to endure all of that and even talk about it in unnerving detail (as she said, she was accomplished yogini before meeting Bomjon. Must have helped her). What kind of fascinated me was 1) that nobody did anything, basically because Bomjon said she was witch 2) Bomjon seemed like he did or instructed all the torture with a precise purpose, like extremely wicked teaching. I could not find any recent news about him. But I would discourage everybody from beeing his devotee or coming to his ashram. The ashram dynamics shown in Mareechi's videos were interesting to hear also.