SageModeAustin

I’m leaving to New York and living in my car

23 posts in this topic

On Monday June 24th 2019 I’m going to drive 42 hours out to New York and live in my car. I plan to find a job there, and pursue my passion of pick-up and build my dating business there. I’m scared, but also excited. So many emotions running through me right now, I’ve Packed everything and I’m just going to get a car maintenance check before I make the long journey. 

it really feels like I’m in a movie now..saying goodbye to my friends/family. I’m really doing my own thing now, all on my own. I know it sounds retarded and is probably a terrible idea, but i just don’t care because it feels so meaningful..like a life purpose calling. If it wasn’t for meeting Brooke and having it all end and that whole experience this would have never happened. To think this is life! All about the journey and having experiences such as this!, how simple yet profound a decision like this could change everything! I might become a hobo and “fail”, or I might not. Who knows let’s find out..natural selection at its finest. Let’s see universe what have you got in store for me ??

Edited by SageModeAustin

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

Sounds fun and exciting, good luck! :)

There's a guy on Youtube named "willy beck", not sure if you know him. This thread just reminded me of his channel and basically his story is that he was a hobo and he did pickup. Pulled girls and took them behind dumpsters and everything lol. Plus he also started his pickup channel/business and it seemed to do pretty well, he was working with the SimplePickup guys. I can say it's worth checking out if you haven't already

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Good luck. Wheter you make it or not, you sure as hell will learn something. And hey, New York is great in the summer

@SageModeAustin It sounds amazing. Just plan your way to do some basic stuff like brushing your teeth, take a leak or shit, shower etc. Don't let those small details ruin your experience. Strategize all the way through it.

unborn Truth

Thanks everyone! It’s sad leaving everyone it’s crazy as fuck..I just messaged Brooke too and it ended good over text. She moved to Austin Texas and I’m going to Brooklyn nyc ?? . What a trip!

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@7thLetter interesting I’ll check him out thanks

Yo I’m in NJ for the summer let me know if you’re in the area! Best of luck!

My only question is...

How are you gonna shower :D 

It's Love.

good luck im excited for you! this is an inspiration to do something your passionate about and taking a leap of faith!

Hey man, some goosebumps went through my body when I read your title as its something very similar I did and i'm planning to do again.

Turns out there is a whole "hippie-like" movement of people that refuse to rent an apartment and they just live in their cars, vans or RVs.

look up CheapRVliving channel on youtube as he is one of the guys with most experience that i've seen around. You will learn a lot from him. Also just google vanlife in general. so many practical tips.

On the other hand be careful with chasing such " movie like movements ". once you settle down a bit and have handled your basic needs you may feel the want to do something similar again resulting in escapism behaviour from whatever is you are running from ( commiting to something, judgement from people, introspection . . . )

Anyways these are my two cents. Good luck !

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Wishing you the best of luck on your journey and that you gain a wealth of knowledge and experience.

@mmKay whoa interesting that you said that. I’ve noticed a lot of emotions surfacing up..I’ve realized I’m running from my identity with what happened with the recent break-up with this girl. I’ve never felt so alone in my life. In Vegas now, the people I’ve met so far are so coincidental it’s weird. Like the first guy is from the same area as me, and this girl in a bar moved out in her car to Vegas as well. Crazy. It’s like the universe is telling me something? Thanks for the advice

15 minutes ago, SageModeAustin said:

@mmKay whoa interesting that you said that. I’ve noticed a lot of emotions surfacing up..I’ve realized I’m running from my identity with what happened with the recent break-up with this girl. I’ve never felt so alone in my life. In Vegas now, the people I’ve met so far are so coincidental it’s weird. Like the first guy is from the same area as me, and this girl in a bar moved out in her car to Vegas as well. Crazy. It’s like the universe is telling me something? Thanks for the advice

Vegas? I thought you said NY!

It's Love.

@RendHeaven 24/7 fitness super sport (I have a membership and it’s universal)

@kieranperez hmmm I’d be possibly down if it’s on the way-ish. You got a WhatsApp? Msg me

@RendHeaven Yeah Vegas is the first stop. It’s a 43hr + drive so yeah just enjoying all the states/cultures on the way

I did a very similar thing recently moving from Chicago to L.A.

What I have to say is that the initial rush was great. Looking for places to sleep the night was a struggle but that was all part of the "movieness" of it.

I felt the intuition too and made the move. After getting settled you will feel the urge to do it again or make another shift in your life because you have such a contrast. I don't regret it but I could have done it better.

My advice is to be flexible but have boundaries. You really can't predict what will come of this. I ending up doing some stupid things like trying to room with a girl that was trying to get out of homelessness like me but was super manipulative and toxic. Lack of sleep will start to get to you and your judgement.

Have friends or family that you can call when times get really hard. They can help a lot in showing you the blind spots you have.

best of luck to you.

@mattstivender great advice man, thanks. 

Living in your car seems really fun and exiting, people like Elon Musk certainly had to do this to succeed Kappa