StarStruck

How to deal with the thought of starting 0-10 to a game

5 posts in this topic

I just discovered one of my limited beliefs is that “I have started 0-10 in the game of life.” Obviously this is special snowflake behavior. There are people who are much and much worse than me. I’m 30 and I recently discovered I chose a wrong career path. If I find my life purpose this time (at age 30). I will be luckier than a lot of people who don’t find their life purpose at all.. so it is a question if the glass is half full or empty. Even after this realization. I’m still being drawn into this paradigm time after time. Am I missing something?

In Tate we trust

My friend, you said it yourself, it is a limiting belief.. and a false one at that. What does it matter that you have to start all over at age 30? Does anybody else care besides you (as you are right now?). No they don't, because it doesn't matter what-so-ever as long as you don't make it matter in your head. As you know, there are countless people out there much older than you in the exact same (or worse) boat.. and they found their way through the challenge.  

This whole, "I'm too late in life" bullshit is exactly that.. bullshit. People say the same thing and feel the same way when they're 22, 42, or 62. What difference does it make? So big deal, you start over. I'm doing that myself right now. I'm 34, had a lucrative career in IT, but like you, discovered that it wasn't for me. So I decided to change up my environment, do something simple to earn temporarily, and pursue growth in myself and my life's purpose during my free time. And most importantly, enjoy myself in the process of all this. 

Otherwise what's the alternative? Deep despair? Depression (again)? Hell no, I'd rather die. I've come to radically accept exactly where I am, and that's what it takes to move forward. Acceptance and non-resistance to the present moment. This is where you are right now, whether your ego likes it or not. The sooner you get with that, the sooner you can start making meaningful steps towards your desires with genuine intention. 

Anyway good luck to you, and happy to discuss this further as I'm in your shoes right now! 

@StarStruck If I were to find out that I had been mistaken about my career path by the age of 80, I'd still be thankful. Just go for it. And remember that you still may change your mind about your career. Just do what you enjoy now and don't attach yourself to it.

unborn Truth

@DivineSoda I actually want to go in IT. Do you mind me asking what moved you away from IT to another sector? Perhaps I could learn from your process.  

In Tate we trust

8 hours ago, see_on_see said:

You really have to come to accept who you are and your past, and drop any comparisons you do between the mental images of yourself and others. 

It's a spiritual purification process, and a process of letting go more and more of ego and of merging more and more with the now and pure process-oriented creativity and being. It's an inner work you have to do, using journaling, contemplation, psychedelics etc.

It's also about realizing the inevitability of anything that has happened in your past and therefore where you find yourself now. It was never in your control and so it's basically always OK. It's about flowing with life and reality rather than being stuck in imagination. 

As usual, psychedelics can help a lot with this. 

I’m taking psychedelics once a week and I already discovered I’m still very egoistic, instead of being like a force of nature (which you trying to explain if I understand you correctly). I just finished the life purpose course so I just started. I need to make a schedule I think.  So much to remember to do everyday like meditating with all the different techniques, journaling/contemplating, and so on. 

In Tate we trust