Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John876

Mystical Experience through Lucid Dreaming

15 posts in this topic

This might be interesting to consider the possibility that we could have access to non-dual states while inside a Lucid Dream,take a look. Dr.Stephen LaBerge Author of Exploring the world of Lucid Dreams.

Edited by John876

I think it's much more easy to go to nondual in dreams at all. This may be because you are dreaming of a less permanent illusion than when you are awake.

“Dream Yoga” by Andrew Holychek. Great book. 

I actually came to spirituality and actualised.org from some lucid dreaming experiences. 

Not only is it possible, it is one of the established Buddhist paths to enlightenment. 

Here is another conversation with Dr.Stephen LaBerge, here they discuss more in detail and at length the relationship between lucid dreams and consciousness also experiencing mystical states in the dreamscape. Lucid Dreaming can be another incredible tool in our toolbox for our spiritual work here.

I already had several non dual experiences with lucid dreaming. Magick! It's possible.

Staying awake before sleep,

laying still - laying on the back, 

is one of the most powerful meditation methods for sure, it's pretty difficult though.

2 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

@Conrad bro, fuck up

You got offended? I have experienced things you can only dream of. Lucid dreaming is one of them but in contrast to the other stuff, it's child's play.

Well well, I've also had absolute glimpses, in a sense I think you are right, in another way, relative life is the absolute also.

Tonight actually, I had such an intense dream, then someone gave me LSD and I was like fuck it, then things got really trippy and intense, infinity stuff, humans/me creating things with their minds etc, it overwhelmed kinda, I wanted it to stop, I called out Adi Da, he was like: 'You can do everything except be yourself', I was like, right, im going meditate, still got distracted by people and at some point just woke up in my bed as if nothing happened, surreal stuff  ^^ 

J@John876 Thanks for the links. Two weeks ago I suddenly started remembering my dreams every night. Yet I haven’t yet been able to enter lucid dream states. 

I also find it interesting the similarities between sleep dreams and wakeful dreams (of thought stories, memories and imagining). We assume our wakeful thought stories of life is “real” and dream stories are “unreal”. Yet that duality is breaking down the deeper I go.  

Most of these dreams have been kinda boring with some type of moderate anxiety. Like I need to get somewhere yet can’t get there. I wish they were more profound and spiritual/mystical in nature. Yet, perhaps I’m not appreciating the profundity. I’m thinking about asking a question and setting an intention  before I go to sleep

There is a technique in which you check during the day if you are not dreaming during waking. This is also to be revealed during sleep and then to realize that it is a dream.

The more you realize this is a mental experience, all dreams become lucid dreams,

but that doesn't mean you can 'do everything you like', that was never the case, you never had completely control and won't have, it's a myth that you can do everything in dreams, even flying can be hard or just impossible, and anything that has to do with other beings is also up to them,

Yes I am quite sure, perhaps to different degrees, that other beings in dreams can and often are real.