Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
d0ornokey

How to deal with this OCD issue?

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I had this intrusive thought of stabbing myself in my heart (a visualization), and usually my response to OCD is to make it worse and be okay with whatever situation arises 

So I imagined stabbing my heart in response to this (honestly feels like a compulsion) and I keep doing it

Now I feel weak and I cant stop and I dont know what to do. Can someone point me in a direction?

Book, video, technique, guidance? Anything helps.

Thanks 

@d0ornokey realize that the thoughts aren't you because you still believe the thoughts are you and its filling you with guilt.

The thought only has meaning because you give it meaning.  Take away its meaning and you take back your power.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

iT'S  ALL THOUGHT AND DON'T TRY TO STOP AND PUT UP RESISTANCE, JUST OBSERVE IT AN LET IT GO

by the way, if you're feeling truly overwhelmed, seeking medical advice would be rather beneficial! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Most doctors don't understand OCD at all.

Medication will help though, if one cannot function.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

okay thanks guys. that was very useful

w love!

Edited by d0ornokey

I have dealt with a very similar OCD pattern in which I would constantly visualize something terrible happening (like me jumping off a building or robbers busting in my house with guns) and it would make me shutter, trying to 'violently' shake the thought from my head.

I have never actually been suicidal or have had the fear of robbers invading my home — the thoughts would be like an OCD impulse designed to torture me.

I realized that trying to shake the thoughts from my head whenever they would appear was only making it worse. Like others have already said — simply observing the thought when it came was the best way to truly realize that it was ridiculous, helping it to not keep appearing in my head.

Now whenever a silly thought like that appears in my head, I ride it out and try to visualize the terrible scene morphing into something else — a colorful or psychedelic scene, for example — as I fall off the building I transform into a bird and imagine myself gliding peacefully through the sky.

For me it was number 3. Everything must end with 3. Looking at 3 corners, drinking 3 glasses of water, everything must multiply by 3....:D

I have no idea how it started, at young age probably. I understand now that is just another belief transformed into mechanical process. It happen really rare today.