Ampresus

My first date EVER! Any tips?

16 posts in this topic

My first date will be tomorrow. We are going to eat at both our favourite restaurant. I think I really like her.

Anyways, any advice? Things I should really know? I am a young teen male, unexperienced in this field. Enlighten me.

11 minutes ago, Ampresus said:

Enlighten me.

You are an illusion! :D 

Stay focused, be compassionate, see things from her perspective, don't be so nervous. 

• Don't be afraid to say exactly what you want to say (unless it's just plain mean)
  • Don't be afraid to be an ass (unless it's overboard)
  • Don't be afraid to be physical (when you sense she wants more)
  • Don't be afraid to look feminine or emotional
  • Don't be afraid to lead where the afternoon is going

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Ampresus said:

My first date will be tomorrow. We are going to eat at both our favourite restaurant. I think I really like her.

Anyways, any advice? Things I should really know? I am a young teen male, unexperienced in this field. Enlighten me.

I remember being on the receiving end of a teenage boy's first date back when I was 14. I went out with this boy Scott who was also 14, and I really liked him. We had a lot of fun talking together in typing class.

But he was very awkward and couldn't relax and he was an awkward kisser (due to inexperience), and so I lost feelings for him. He also didn't tip the waiter, which bothered me.

So, here's my advice...

- Relax

- Be yourself

- Don't be a pleaser

- Learn how to kiss (don't wet your lips with copious amounts of saliva before-hand)

- Be natural

- Tip the waiter 

This is advice based purely on my teenage dating experience, so may not be relevant to you. But just in case, I figured that I'd share.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Sweet, you kissed boys at 14. I must be a late bloomer, my first kiss was after high school xD

1 hour ago, Ampresus said:

I would just say dont try to please her or make the date go well, just give her as much of your authentic self as you can and if she likes it great.  If not, well it was only one date and it's good practice nonetheless.  Probably much better than forcing the date to go well by acting a bit different than normal and figure out in the future that on a deeper level yall arent compatible 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

Great advice here. 

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

@Emerald Sweet, you kissed boys at 14. I must be a late bloomer, my first kiss was after high school xD

Same ? can’t forget a first kiss 

@Ampresus Restaurants are not good for dates. The food gets in the way.

Next time go to a public mall type area with coffee, ice cream, snacks, and multiple locations to bounce around.

Never do a date in one building. Multiple building and outdoors is best.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Ampresus over the past few months I went on a few dates and learnt a few things based on my personal experience: 

• Eating at a restaurant adds 100× more pressure onto the date. 
  • Make eye contact and keep body language open and inviting
  • Make her laugh but don't try to hard ?
  • Know when to leave and respect her personal space (if she wants it)
  • Keep the question's on her but not to pry
  • Smile but not to the point where it's creepy ?
  • Be yourself, don't people please
  • And most of all remain present

Best date I went on was going playing ping pong for 2 hours having fun. Then sitting down to talk for a while. 

Have fun and good luck! (Keep us posted) ❤️

9 hours ago, Natasha said:

Yeah... I was very romantically precocious. I had my first kiss at age 6. And I was doing a lot more than kissing by the time I was 14. But I'm from a very conservative redneck town with the only sex-ed being abstinence based, so naturally everyone else was about the same. :D

Probably a solid 30% of my friends had lost their virginity by the end of the first year in high school. I was always labelled as the innocent one if that gives you the idea. A lot of my friends all have pre-teens now and a couple of them have teenagers. We're 30.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

don't worry about moments of silence. in fact, you should expect them, which will help you not be thrown by them.

in moments of silence just offer a smile, or make a positive observation about something in your environment. girls like confidence, but you can fake it if you feel nervous. 

give her a compliment during the course of the evening, but one or two is plenty. don't overdo it.

5 hours ago, Emerald said:

Yeah... I was very romantically precocious. I had my first kiss at age 6. And I was doing a lot more than kissing by the time I was 14. But I'm from a very conservative redneck town with the only sex-ed being abstinence based, so naturally everyone else was about the same. :D

Probably a solid 30% of my friends had lost their virginity by the end of the first year in high school. I was always labelled as the innocent one if that gives you the idea. A lot of my friends all have pre-teens now and a couple of them have teenagers. We're 30.

Oh that's cool :D My Mom kept me so tightly involved in academics and athletics all throughout my school years, I didn't have the time to go on dates. Though I had my crushes and was crushed on, I didn't see people romantically until after I graduated from High school and started college. I had my kid at 27. Yeah that makes me a late bloomer, for sure 9_9 but now that I'm single again, I am free to date and have fun and I do when I feel like it.

Dating now for me takes on a different flavor too when you don't have any particular agenda and from a more mature place in life. It becomes more about companionship and sharing common values than anything else.

On 6/21/2019 at 6:39 PM, Ampresus said:

So how did it go ?

6 hours ago, Pernani said:

So how did it go ?

@Pernani Man... 

She randomly came with a third excuse. All of the sudden her mother doesn’t allow her to chill with her friends around the periods of huge tests. Apparently she suffers from panick attacks around these periods. So she called it off and said “maybe somewhere after the tests?”

I honestly cannot believe myself. I have been trying to have this date for about a month now. Just when I was sure enough to post about it on the forum...

37 minutes ago, Ampresus said:

@Pernani Man... 

She randomly came with a third excuse. All of the sudden her mother doesn’t allow her to chill with her friends around the periods of huge tests. Apparently she suffers from panick attacks around these periods. So she called it off and said “maybe somewhere after the tests?”

I honestly cannot believe myself. I have been trying to have this date for about a month now. Just when I was sure enough to post about it on the forum...

That's alright man, it might be true and it might be bullshit, just don't overthink it. I would just forget abt her and maybe start hitting on someone else until she makes the initiative to go out after her tests are over or whatever