Ampresus

Old actualized.org content still valuable?

17 posts in this topic

I realize that I started this path all wrong. Instead of starting with fixing my life, I started with chasing enlightenment. Therefore I will change my way of living from the fundamentals first. Meaning I will focus on all the points Leo mentioned in the following video:

As you can see, the video isn't that new or anything. In fact, the video is all the way from 2014! Haha! Yes I will be starting from here. This is why I have the following question:
Are Leo's older videos still valuable for someone who wants to start at the basics? When you look up certain older topics, you can see that Leo has made several videos on those topics in the past time. One in 2014, one in 2016 etc. I was wondering if his oldest videos still can be valuable or if I should start around 2016. Thanks in advance.

@Ampresus Leo started out with self help/self improvement material and then merged into spirituality and enlightenment.

Yes, all his older videos still hold up and are good for a beginning self-actualizer. Otherwise he would have taken them off his channel.

18 minutes ago, Natasha said:

@Ampresus Leo started out with self help/self improvement material and then merged into spirituality and enlightenment.

Yes, all his older videos still hold up and are good for a beginning self-actualizer. Otherwise he would have taken them off his channel.

Hi Natasha.  Forgive me for offering an insight here.  Yang is not for beginners only.  It's Yin and Yang (conjunction) rather than Yin or Yang (exclusive or) or Yang and then Yin (process).  Even if you've done a great job integrating Yin, you wanna do the same for Yang too.  In fact, for women, probably the earlier videos are the more advanced videos than the newer videos are, see.  Women need to do work integrating Yang.

Video on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Hi Natasha.  Forgive me for offering an insight here.  Yang is not for beginners only.  It's Yin and Yang (conjunction) rather than Yin or Yang (exclusive or) or Yang and then Yin (process).  Even if you've done a great job integrating Yin, you wanna do the same for Yang too. 

@Ampresus was asking if Leo's older material would be still good for him as a beginner. So yes, to clarify - all Leo's material is good for anyone at any stage of their development. Dive right in :)

As far as I'm concerned, yes they are but one thing you should consider: you should have the ability to distinguish 2016 Leo from the Leo who lives in this moment June 2019, for me, I'd say that I have that ability to watch an old video and spot the error of him which he'd himself would say the same thing, but that doesn't mean they have been completely outdated and that doesn't mean he should remove the old videos from the channel!

remember everybody including consciousness teachers go through different phases in terms of evolution, watching old videos of Leo and comparing those to the new ones will give you precious lessons ipso facto! 

Edited by hamedsf

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@Ampresus

Actually, they're even more important, because new videos are mostly the same stuff being repeated over and over again.

New videos can be summarised in very few words. Leo takes every letter and explains the shit out of it.

Plus, old videos are not just about information. They contain a lot of motivation.

It is in my experience that spirituality without a foundational healthy ego (base needs met such as money, friends, family, and self worth) is quite difficult because your mind really craves these things 

On 21/06/2019 at 6:39 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Women need to do work integrating Yang.

Based on my observations and experience I agree with this.

6 hours ago, Shiva said:

80% of the results come from the old videos. 

19% from the new videos.

And then, when you're at the last 1% you realize it was all for Nothing... but with a captial N! xD

Haha, yes ?

I recently got a lot of value from the How to Study Video:

@Sick Boy My grades are great, but thanks for the recommendation anyway.

Edited by Ampresus

I watched his one on infrastructure the other day and it was super helpful-- I feel like watching the new content THEN revisting old content is a good combo for deep understanding actually.

I agree with the others above.

In addition - It's  a good test for growth, and it's good for setting a baseline - at least for me - watching some of the older videos show me, how/if my perspective shifted, if I integrated the stuff, and  often I'm able to extract new bits of knowledge after the third, fourth, fifth... round.

...and the really old bits also show me how little humility I have, and how I'm full of shit, and how I deceive myself.... how my foundation is still weak. People in self development are often too eager to advance to the "higher levels" without a solid foundation - like the swiss-cheese example given in the Maslow-Pyramid video. Because only a few really do the inner work. Being able to understand an advanced topic doesn't mean one should make it his/her primary concern in life. This was often my case.

I think some people may have the "young naive Leo" prejudice towards the older videos. He may not sound as confident and profound as in the later videos, but the advice is golden. Especially in the practical videos - and they are short and clear, which may not be the case with the later ones.

....but Ego-Backlash will show you exactly which of the old videos are useful. 

On 21/06/2019 at 7:39 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Hi Natasha.  Forgive me for offering an insight here.  Yang is not for beginners only.  It's Yin and Yang (conjunction) rather than Yin or Yang (exclusive or) or Yang and then Yin (process).  Even if you've done a great job integrating Yin, you wanna do the same for Yang too.  In fact, for women, probably the earlier videos are the more advanced videos than the newer videos are, see.  Women need to do work integrating Yang.

Video on point to watch:

would you advice me a video to help from a green/yellow perspective, someone need a grounding in yellow, and I m looking for ways currently.
not that I preach things, but it's for flowing in my personnal life, I need someone to upgrade his deck a bit.

> I find old videos are better suited to reflect on some basic points of life.

On 22/06/2019 at 3:18 AM, d0ornokey said:

It is in my experience that spirituality without a foundational healthy ego (base needs met such as money, friends, family, and self worth) is quite difficult because your mind really craves these things 

wrong you can die, and ask god to show you truth.
if you do it, with a mind open who wants the truth to all cost, even the cost of the question you wouldn't even dare to ask yourself.

but of course you need first to accept to be dead, like litteraly, if tomorrow was a no day, what would it be today ? what would you think ? this is not a "nothing" work. it's a total work.

people who say this work is "nothing" at the end.
you're deluded and only on the path.

it's more of knowing everything than knowing nothing.

you learn to know there is nothing, so you learn something.

and I m not playing with words, knowing what leo teach makes you god, maybe not in the marvel terms.
but your mind is your GOD, but as long as the mind is not yours, you're nothing but an insect with ruminating thoughts.

and we will all remain this way, because that's how it is, but knowing facts that are absolute on the fact that reality is nothing or that the distance between my mind & yours is as far as another planet.

knowing this in absolute, being conscious of that, this makes you paradoxically still having thoughts, but not having any emotional feeling ( not in the sense you get them before ) of course words can still trigger feeling inside you, related to whom you are, it's always "dependant"

I m giving a feature to enlightment but there is a "me" before and after enlightment.

enlightment is the infinite process of knowing and changing states ( to me ) and knowing "not knowing".

, but in reality EVERYONE IS A DEVIL and just as each words, their is only the projection put into the words.

the difference is how conscious are you of your devilry.

Edited by Aeris