Justincredible76

Should i focus on enlightenment or energy mastery first?

9 posts in this topic

Im not quite sure whether it would be faster and more beneficial for me to pursue an awakening, then master my energies, or master my energies (to the extent of accessing the microcosmic orbit) and then pursue enlightenment. Which end goal would give me the most benefit such that doing that one over the other makes the whole process of doing both go faster, since one provides more benefit towards the other than if i did the other first?

@Justincredible76

Terms like "faster, more, beneficial, pursue" don't work in enlightenment, since there's no one to get enlightened. That's ego (imagination).

I don't know which is better for you.

All I can say is listen to your emotions.

I had the same question a few years ago. 

Why do you want to improve your energy skills? What's the end goal there? 

On 6/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, Justincredible76 said:

Im not quite sure whether it would be faster and more beneficial for me to pursue an awakening, then master my energies, or master my energies (to the extent of accessing the microcosmic orbit) and then pursue enlightenment. Which end goal would give me the most benefit such that doing that one over the other makes the whole process of doing both go faster, since one provides more benefit towards the other than if i did the other first?

Faster or more beneficial in what way?  Faster towards love with another human, more money, create more happiness?  Whats your goal first of all?

without energy you can't do anything, energy is in the first priority.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Do e.g. 20-30 minutes of microcosmic orbit practice, and then, when your mind is nice and calm do e.g. 10-15 minutes of inquiry (like 'What am I?', 'What is reality?').

That's a formula for good success in both these fields, I think :)

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@Nahm @Barna in the last week or so i haven't been keeping up with practicing and it might stay that way for a little but i plan on leaving for a monastery in a while and focusing on that there. Id like to for one, dissolve my ego as an attachment and experience no self. Then, master my energies so i can hopefully become a more active, energetic, enthusiastic & overall better person. Then continue to dive deeper into consciousness work, then learn to master this body or maybe the other way around.

Edited by Justincredible76
@‘ed someone else

@Mu_ id say my goal is to experience no self, then master my energies to become a more joyful and overall better person, then either dive deeper into consciousness work and afterwards master the rest of my body or vice versa.