themovement

Spirituality is beta

84 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, themovement said:

so what makes for true happiness then? if all that stuff dose not make you happy then why dose everyone chase it all the time? Would mean everyone to be fools

You're on to something there.

It's not because everyone do something that it is smart or effective.
You only think this way because your parents/friends/mentors and culture tells you so.

What if they are all wrong ?
What if they are just doing what everybody else told them to do (just like you) ?
What if it was a vicious circle like that for the beginning of time and the default position is to be sad and unfulfilled if you follow what most people do ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@themovement  Of course they act differently, but they also act the same in many ways. But as far as I know, the people you call alpha males really like to compare themselves to powerful, sometimes carnivorous animals, like tigers, lions, gorillas, bears... Also the scientific term called alpha male comes from zoologists, just as the word swagger does :D 

These people don't dominate everybody, they don't dominate in my head or other people's heads on this forum, only you see it like this and that's ok, but it is not necessarily the most enjoyable way to see Reality, or is it? Of course, if some muscular 6,5 feet tall guy assaulted me inside a slum, I would change my behavior in order to survive, but violence also doesn't really cause happiness, nor is it stable, that's why spiral dynamics stages have evolved beyond red. Training martial arts doesn't mean, that you act selfishly, actually, the best martial arts people are incredibly humble.

2 hours ago, themovement said:

I work on not being beta I think you will find. Studying hypergamy is a must, gym, hustling and learning what it means to be a man. Leo and people like Elliot have mentioned spirituality before. I will explore it, I plan to do a 2000ug LSD trip

How much lsd experience do you have? Do not take a 2mg lsd experience lightly. This is coming from someone who has done 1500ug. That shit will be intense and leave you on the ground seeing things you can't comprehend. You'll get more than what you bargained for. You don't know what you are getting into.

If you aren't ready, that shit will cause you to have a mental breakdown and go psychotic. 

Start at small doses and slowly work your way up. Keep the cocky alpha attitude and psychedelics will put you in your place and you won't like it. Be humble with them and it will be gentle with you. 

Edited by Shadowraix

@Shin
2 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

How much lsd experience do you have? Do not take a 2mg lsd experience lightly. This is coming from someone who has done 1500ug. That shit will be intense and leave you on the ground seeing things you can't comprehend. You'll get more than what you bargained for. You don't know what you are getting into.

If you aren't ready, that shit will cause you to have a mental breakdown and go psychotic. 

friend said I was a pussy for not doing a dose atleat 2000ug, I saw someone on here also did one and he said it was utter hell so Im giving it a second thought.

@Shadowraix a friend said I was a pussy for not doing a dose atleat 2000ug, I saw someone on here also did one and he said it was utter hell so Im giving it a second thought.

2 minutes ago, themovement said:

@Shadowraix a friend said I was a pussy for not doing a dose atleat 2000ug, I saw someone on here also did one and he said it was utter hell so Im giving it a second thought.

Real friends don't put peer pressure on others. Just saying.

24 minutes ago, Shin said:

You're on to something there.

It's not because everyone do something that it is smart or effective.
You only think this way because your parents/friends/mentors and culture tells you so.

What if they are all wrong ?
What if they are just doing what everybody else told them to do (just like you) ?
What if it was a vicious circle like that for the beginning of time and the default position is to be sad and unfulfilled if you follow what most people do ?

why is everyone so fooled by this then? I mean I guess its just hard to believe there is a better alternative. Its hard to belive I coudld ever live a better life than say connor mcgregor he takes what he wants and dose what he wants, I would like to see some example of this peaceful way bettering this

5 hours ago, themovement said:

@Leo Gura But why did god create a world where alphas win? surely it would make sense to be one to play the game

43 minutes ago, themovement said:

I dont deny that, but what would be better ? Lets say better than having money, success, a good physical appearance and options for dating?

36 minutes ago, themovement said:

so what makes for true happiness then? if all that stuff dose not make you happy then why dose everyone chase it all the time? Would mean everyone to be fools

They don't win.
I can recommend reading ’Lost Connections' by Johann Hari.
The book talks about what our materialistic, scattered society is doing to our mental health (with lots of scientific proof), and possible ways to get out of it.

Anyway, there's a chapter called 'Disconnection from meaningful values'.
It talks about how we nowadays we are shifting from having meaningful values (doing something because we love it, things that give us flow-states), to having junk values (or extrinsic goals: giving us validation from the outside).

I'll just quote you some lines I underlined.

“Does achieving extrinsic goals make you happy? And how do they compare to intrinsic goals? The results, when we calculated them out, were quite startling. People who achieved their extrinsic goals didn't experience any increase in day-to-day happiness – none. They spend a huge amount of energy chasing these goals, but when they fulfilled them, they felt the same as they had at the start. Your promotion? Your fancy car? The new iPhone? The expensive necklace? They won't improve your happiness even one inch.

But people who did achieve their intrinsic goals (being a more loving father, playing the piano, etc.) did become significantly happier, and less depressed and anxious.”

The book states that “materialistic people, who think happiness comes from accumulating stuff and a superior status, had much higher levels of depression and anxiety."

“It really did seem that materialistic people were having a worse time, day by day, on all sorts of fronts.
They felt sicker and they were angrier.
They experienced less joy and more despair.”

We're being told happiness is reached by being able to buy lots of nice things.
It's like junk food.
It appeals to the part of us evolved to need food.
But we don't get the nutrition we need out of it.
Instead, we literally fill ourselves with toxins.

“The first is that thinking extrinsically poisons your relationship with other people.(...) and they found the more materialistic you become, the shorter your relationships will be.
If you value people for how they look, or how they impress other people, it's easy to see that you'll be happy to dump them if someone hotter or more impressive comes along.”

“If you're doing something not for itself but to achieve an effect, you can't relax into the pleasure of the moment.
You're constantly monitoring yourself.
Your ego will shriek like alarm you can't shut off. (..)
Materialism leaves you constantly vulnerable to a world beyond your control.

“When they talk amongst themselves, advertising people have been admitting since the 1920s that their job is to make people feel inadequate – and then offer their product as the solution to the sense of inadequacy they created.”

“We are being propagandised to live in a way that doesn't meet our basic psychological needs: to feel connected, to feel secure, to feel valued, to feel we make a difference in the world.
So we are left with a permanent, puzzling sense of dissatisfaction.”

Just some food for thought :-) All the best!

@themovement You're clearly falling for the fantasy of showcase traps. There is a lot of money involved in making such people look happy and fulfilled, so that you feel eager to consume what they tell you to and live the life they tell you to. This is the same mistake that a lot of women make when aiming for the lifestyle of super famous top models.

The thing is... there is A LOT MORE to life than what is shown on mainstream media and culture.

unborn Truth

3 hours ago, themovement said:

Elliot have mentioned spirituality before.

Yes and other cult leaders talk about spirituality. So does Jordan Peterson that doesn’t mean they actually walk their talk. 

what it means to be a man.

Doing what the fuck you want even if it seems beta or feminine af is being a man. This childish notion of hyper masculinity is actually being a pussy to the denial of your own femininity. 

Your clinging to hypergamy. 

I plan to do a 2000ug LSD trip

LOL

9 minutes ago, themovement said:

I doubt his first time was such a high dose. Those doses are manageable if you work your way up. I jumped from 500ug-1000ug and even this jump was putting me at my limit. It required intense breathe focus. 

Men who are insecure in their masculinity often feel the need to prove themselves to other men. Or else it would somehow invalidate themselves as a man. Where do you think calling someone a pussy came from? Men who are afraid of their feminine side. So many men are taught to repress that side of them. 

Spirituality is very feminine in a lot of ways for its internel work. Instead of seeking fleeting dopamine highs that you get bored of, you can instead change your perceptions of the world, deconstruct everything you thought and were taught. You can't guarantee the validity of what you think you know if you just take it in. It requires radical scrutiny. Looking under a microscope. 

Psychedelics help with this process but it will make you feel very different. Very intense things and if you can't surrender to the experience you can drive yourself to a breakdown because you will have to ride it to the end. Your mental health is more important than proving you aren't a pussy to somebody. You only would be if you think you are. You can choose not to think you are. 

13 minutes ago, themovement said:

Yeh, you better be a pussy than have a mental breakdown. Someone who is smart but not confident is a shy person. Someone who is dumb but confident is a disaster. Someone who is smart and confident is a success.

8 minutes ago, themovement said:

why is everyone so fooled by this then? I mean I guess its just hard to believe there is a better alternative. Its hard to belive I coudld ever live a better life than say connor mcgregor he takes what he wants and dose what he wants, I would like to see some example of this peaceful way bettering this

No! Not everyone! This is manipulation from the side of red pill and mgtow community, many manipulators use this 99 % of people, all of your family members, average person etc, it is a very common strategy, you bettter be aware of it.

Doing what he wants doesn't mean doing what he needs. Also doing doesn't mean doing mindfully and consciously. When you become more peaceful, there is more mental space for deeper understanding, so you actually know much better what is it that you want to do. As I said before, you need to combine confidence with wisdom, not just one of these traits, Hitler also did what he wanted, you see?

49 minutes ago, themovement said:

Its hard to belive I coudld ever live a better life than say connor mcgregor he takes what he wants and dose what he wants

Conor McGregor is a well paid chimp in a suit. People like that are utter narcissists and miserable human beings. All this translates to is that you’ve never hung around people like that.

Look, I’ve been where you’re at so I get the idolizing of such competitive motherfuckers. Believe me... I GET IT. 

To back up a step, I’ve met and talked with athletes such as Michael Jordan, I have several friends who are Olympic medalists, I know and have met sprinter Michael Johnson, and #1 overall NFL draftpick and lead quarterback for LA Rams Jared Goff who played against Tom Brady in the last Super Bowl was my homie in high school since he lived in the town next to me in Marin County. 

You need to understand that these people are not happy nor are they fulfilled at all. They live a very sugary self indulgent life that’s all about them. Understand that the narcissism you see there is fed on the notion that they’re not good enough and that they’re not happy. They may set a good example for strong ethic, granted. However that’s about it. If you really start to wake up you’ll start to see how toxic these peoples lives are personalities really are. 

They’re entire lives are built on a house of cards. They think their success means a damn thing when in fact, it doesn’t. They’re not more special than anyone else. 

To have that mindset is to have the mindset that you will always be miserable unsatisfied with life and yourself. You’re still under the impression, illusion, and utter lie that getting everyTHING you want will make you happy but all you’re doing is just being a rat eating more cheese in a maze that’s designed for you not to eat more cheese but to escape and that in eating more cheese you just miss the entire point.  

Edited by kieranperez

7 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Conor McGregor is a well paid chimp in a suit. People like that are utter narcissists and miserable human beings. All this translates to is that you’ve never hung around people like that.

Look, I’ve been where you’re at so I get the idolizing of such competitive motherfuckers. Believe me... I GET IT. 

To back up a step, I’ve met and talked with athletes such as Michael Jordan, I have several friends who are Olympic medalists, I know and have met sprinter Michael Johnson, and #1 overall NFL draftpick and lead quarterback for LA Rams Jared Goff who played against Tom Brady in the last Super Bowl was my homie in high school since he lived in the town next to me in Marin County. 

You need to understand that these people are not happy nor are they fulfilled at all. They live a very sugary self indulgent life that’s all about them. Understand that the narcissism you see there is fed on the notion that they’re not good enough and that they’re not happy. They may set a good example for strong ethic, granted. However that’s about it. If you really start to wake up you’ll start to see how toxic these peoples lives are personalities really are. 

They’re entire lives are built on a house of cards. They think their success means a damn thing when in fact, it doesn’t. They’re not more special than anyone else. 

To have that mindset is to have the mindset that you will always be miserable unsatisfied with life and yourself. You’re still under the impression, illusion, and utter lie that getting everyTHING you want will make you happy but all you’re doing is just being a rat eating more cheese in a maze that’s designed for you not to eat more cheese but to escape and that in eating more cheese you just miss the entire point.  

Yes well said, when you actually start to hang out with these so called successful people you realise they are just as miserable as the so called average joe.

46 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@themovement You're clearly falling for the fantasy of showcase traps. There is a lot of money involved in making such people look happy and fulfilled, so that you feel eager to consume what they tell you to and live the life they tell you to. This is the same mistake that a lot of women make when aiming for the lifestyle of super famous top models.

The thing is... there is A LOT MORE to life than what is shown on mainstream media and culture.

Why would they do that, its crazy if what you are saying is true. Basically unhappy people manipulating others to be unhappy like them while all the time not realising that they are even unhappy in the first place. I think the lsd trip will help or 5meo which I have also looked into.

12 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Thanks for your response, so your saying all these people you met were unhappy then? its hard for me to accept I guess but maybe you are right if you know them. I have always looked up to people like joe rogan, Musk, Hulse ect but your right I haven't ever met anyone on that calibre.  What do you think of red pil/MGTOW philosophy? bullshit as well? that gets shut down here very fast.

A lot of the work that falls under the head of "Spirituality" deals with integrating The Yin aspect.  You wanna integrate both Yin and Yang.  Most men are weak at integrating Yin, so that's what Spirituality accomplishes for them.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 hours ago, themovement said:

I work on not being beta I think you will find. Studying hypergamy is a must, gym, hustling and learning what it means to be a man. Leo and people like Elliot have mentioned spirituality before. I will explore it, I plan to do a 2000ug LSD trip

stop trolling and try go start building your life

Actually an LSD trip maybe would be good for you but don´t do more than 150ug lol

This indirect reaction seeking by trolling is a bit weird. Just ask for it, if you just want attention. You don't need to post bs to get attention.