Justincredible76

Should i truly live my day 100% as if it were my last?

18 posts in this topic

Often i hear from spiritual gurus and people of general wisdom speak of an idea where you live each day like it was your last day alive. This makes sense to me, as then you would fulfill your truest desires without fear, worry, delay, hesitation, or anything of the sort, since it wont matter soon anyway. If i were to live like this, i would immediately find a way to source 5meoDMT and take as much as would give me the highest experience possible within me, without doing too much and gaining nothing (like finding the perfect sweetspot for the most experience possible), as thats the most important thing to me right now. But if i were to simply do this right now, there are obvious downsides.

The reason I wouldn’t take as much as i could possibly handle if someone gave it to me right now is because theres no fear of certain imminent death, and there could very well be major health repercussions from doing such a thing. But yet still, i would take 5meodmt if offered to me, except with saftey and proper dosage and method in mind. Regardless, i would like to have to say; is it truly worth it to live exactly as you would if death happens tomorrow?

Edited by Justincredible76
Changed the way a sentence was structured to be more accurate

1 hour ago, Justincredible76 said:

But if i were to simply do this right now, there are obvious downsides.

If you gulped 5-MEO at a irresponsible rate, you would just pass out and retain no insights from it.
It takes time to integrate the insights, just like it takes time to build up tolerance to go deeper.

So, if your true desire is really to experience the highest states of consciousness possible, then the trade-off between "now" and "future" is not really there. To live in the now is not to throw your life away and act stupidly. It is precisely the opposite. The ones that live irresponsibly are the ones that cannot face the fear of death and live as if they were immortal. To truly be immortal is to embody death and trust the directionless present moment to provide the proper guidance now. It is an act of vulnerability.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

or live your day as if it were your first. Both philosophies have their upsides. Try to live the advantages of both at once. I guess that would also be supported by metaphysics. There is only this Now. so this moment is your very first and very last, forever;)

Careful. Very high doses of 5meo is not the answer. Its "YOU" that has to surrender and let go, the medicine cant do it for you. Even at low-medium range doses you can experience a breakthrough into the infinite.

If you would apply this rule correctly, then you should live your moment 100% as if it were your last.

It's not about the period of time. It's about dropping the notion of time all together.

If you forgot all of your past, and stopped assuming a future, what would you want to do right now? Keep asking yourself this question everytime after you finish doing the first answer you get.

That right there is the biggest gate to happiness.

@tsuki  i edited the post to be more accurate, i would want to find the sweetspot dose that would give me the highest experience, where if i did more than the sweetspot my experience would go downward. Thats what id do in the face of imminent death.

im not sure i see what youre saying though after digesting your post, so do you mean in a sort of trust fall action where i go with whatever happens, and have almost a “faith” that whatever im doing is purposeful for my growth, and have little forceful involvement with the process?

Edited by Justincredible76
Accidentally hit save before done

@Truth Addict

4 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

If you forgot all of your past, and stopped assuming a future, what would you want to do right now? Keep asking yourself this question everytime after you finish doing the first answer you get.

?i like this answer, if i did this id just go gain insights from psychedelics. I could probably get lsd quickly and 5meo in time, but i probably would need to be really careful with 5meo. Maybe id just micro-dose since i have no experience with it. 

@Justincredible76

That's still far from direct.

You think you need the insights? Well, you don't.

Your answer assumes a future where it's possible to utilise insights within.

What if there was no future? What would you do right now?

Don't go too far, and don't think too much. Start from ground zero of Maslow's hierarchy. Use your emotions as a guide. Follow your heart.

@Truth Addict

Ok i see, so if i were to do what i want right now, id go experience the highest truth however i could because i want to and its the thing that matters the most to me. Now the question is of how?

33 minutes ago, Justincredible76 said:

im not sure i see what youre saying though after digesting your post, so do you mean in a sort of trust fall action where i go with whatever happens, and have almost a “faith” that whatever im doing is purposeful for my growth, and have little forceful involvement with the process?

That's a good way to put it. You can ease into presence this way, but ultimately, any notion of growth needs to be surrendered as well.

I didn't mean to imply that I'm an expert on 5-MeO. I was making a point that everything takes skill, so does tripping.
If your true, genuine, desire is to experience highest states of consciousness with psychedelic substances, then you will be guided that way.
This does not imply that you should dive in blindly, on the contrary - you will feel the urge to study this topic thoroughly and it will not feel forced.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Justincredible76

You are already doing that every single moment. But your desire to do it is blocking you from seeing it.

You don't need anything, you already are everything.

Not to say suppress your desires, but that's the highest truth you can reach. You can still chase experiences all you want, if that is what you desire.

Edited by Truth Addict

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

@Justincredible76

You are already doing that every single moment. But your desire to do it is blocking you from seeing it.

You don't need anything, you already are everything.

Not to say suppress your desires, but that's the highest truth you can reach. You can still chase experiences all you want, if that is what you desire.

True man true but even though thats true im still unconscious of it aren't i? And if thats the case, how can i become conscious of it?

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

There's a subtle but important difference between "living in the moment" and "living for the moment"!

Could you point it out to me im not quite sure i see it fully.

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

That's a good way to put it. You can ease into presence this way, but ultimately, any notion of growth needs to be surrendered as well.

I didn't mean to imply that I'm an expert on 5-MeO. I was making a point that everything takes skill, so does tripping.
If your true, genuine, desire is to experience highest states of consciousness with psychedelic substances, then you will be guided that way.
This does not imply that you should dive in blindly, on the contrary - you will feel the urge to study this topic thoroughly and it will not feel forced.

@tsuki interesting way of looking at it

@Justincredible76 

It's tricky, because you are already conscious of it. You merely think you aren't.

Perhaps if you stop listening to thought it'll appear.

if it was truly your last day would you really be taking psychedelics? wouldnt you rather spend the time with the family you love? or do something you always wanted to? if it was your last day you would be with truth when you die anyway!