Leo Gura

The DPT Mega-Thread

538 posts in this topic

@bejapuskas Nahm is a Carebear ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  Hm... This is interesting :D I've always been thinking about - doesn't „too much love“ cause the other person to strenghten their ego, because they are being too much accepted? It's probably that my notion of love is wrong, but I think I have good teachers, so I am headed in the good general direction :) What is you opinion on this?

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

With that attitude you will never understand.

It's hard to explain. Subtle shifts are produced.

Somewhat, but it's way more profound than that. There aren't really harmonic fields per se. Consciousness is totally direct. It imagines stuff into being. It's totally mystical. You can't map it out in a scientific or analytic way.

Yes

I am imagining me and you and you are imagining you and me.

This is known as Indra's Net. And infinite web of diamonds all reflecting one another.

Sort of like two mirrors facing each other and reflecting each other to infinity.

Glad you like em.

Tolerance to psychedelics varies greatly between people. DPT just may not mesh well with your brain or body. Maybe you need a much larger dose. Or maybe it won't work on you at all.

Or maybe your technique is off.

All this requires careful investigation to figure out.

It's worth figuring out.

“I am imagining me and you and you are imagining you and me.” - Leo, this is so important, can you pls extrapolate about this in more details, I wish you would make the entire video about this subject. Lots of peoples are confused and take it as solipsism. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

35 minutes ago, Galyna said:

“I am imagining me and you and you are imagining you and me.” - Leo, this is so important, can you pls extrapolate about this in more details, I wish you would make the entire video about this subject. Lots of peoples are confused and take it as solipsism. 

I second that. It is the most confusing aspect of all this. On one hand you say everyone doesn't exist, just imaginary characters, that don't even exist when they're not in your direct visual field, and another saying people do exist and each have their own reality and a collective shared consciousness. It seems contradictory. But I'm sure will get explained as simple a strange loop, but would love a in depth explanation of this. 

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Once you realize that, the doors are wide open for all sorts of impossible-seeming things, like healing every child on the planet simultaneously by imagining it to be so.

So if you (God) altered Reality like this to heal every child on the planet, and perform other miracles, would this be experienced by everyone else? Meaning, would these miracles only be in your (Leo's) own dimension/reality, as everyone in your reality is your imagination? Or is reality shared, like it seems, so you making these huge alterations to the world would be experienced by everyone? In which case you would be considered to be like a living God. 

1 hour ago, bejapuskas said:

@Leo Gura  Hm... This is interesting :D I've always been thinking about - doesn't „too much love“ cause the other person to strenghten their ego, because they are being too much accepted? It's probably that my notion of love is wrong, but I think I have good teachers, so I am headed in the good general direction :) What is you opinion on this?

Too much love? LOL

No such thing. Love is infinite.

24 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

I second that. It is the most confusing aspect of all this. On one hand you say everyone doesn't exist, just imaginary characters, that don't even exist when they're not in your direct visual field, and another saying people do exist and each have their own reality and a collective shared consciousness. It seems contradictory. But I'm sure will get explained as simple a strange loop, but would love a in depth explanation of this. 

And it will remain confusing as long as you belief you were born.

You cannot understand it because ego is in the way. You think you are a biological self. No such thing exists. That self is imaginary.

21 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

So if you (God) altered Reality like this to heal every child on the planet, and perform other miracles, would this be experienced by everyone else? Meaning, would these miracles only be in your (Leo's) own dimension/reality, as everyone in your reality is your imagination? Or is reality shared, like it seems, so you making these huge alterations to the world would be experienced by everyone? In which case you would be considered to be like a living God. 

Yes, by everyone. You would be altering the collective consciousness of all beings. But this is not easy to do.

You can alter the collective consciousness of all beings because you are all beings.

But you'd need to be so conscious that there is no more difference between you, other beings, real, or imaginary.

@Leo Gura  So if you become a better demonstration of Love than you are now, it will bring more focus and and attentiveness into your communication style, rather than what most people label as love, right?

DPT trip report:

29mg DPT HCl intranasal, administered at 9:50pm. 

Powder is light and fluffy, nicer to snort than my 5-MeO-DMT. Two lines, two gentle sniffs to place each one up a nasal passage, without placing it in the back towards the throat.

Turned the lights down low, kicked back in my reclining arm chair and let the DPT take over. Silent.

None of the trembling or jitteriness that can be quite strong with DPT. Completely relaxed into it with no resistance. Some minor discomfort in the nasal passages as it absorbs, and had to resist the reflex to snort the loogie down. A bit distracting for the first 15-20mins, but nothing too bad. Some heat at the back of the neck, a phenomenon I remember from past trials with it.

A few moments of deep stillness, standing at the edge of the precipice that 5-MeO-DMT takes you over so easily. "Oh yeah, that's over there" like being aware of a magnetic pole, without jumping in. I feel it could have gone there easily, especially with a higher dose.

Mild visual patterning, typical of tryptamines (but normally absent in 5-MeO-DMT). Much more enthralling and interesting were the extremely vivid musical hallucinations, detailed psychedelic auditory soundscapes that interplayed with my awareness of them.

I liked Leo's description of how DPT mind is like this thick, slow, penetrative process that lets you bore into a contemplation. The mind has some momentous weight to it, not flighty or fidgety, it's like the opposite of ADD.

At about 1.5h in I needed to refuel as I was underfed and had done a pretty big run that day. Made some PB toast, which was neither enhanced nor repulsive, eating was just necessary and normal. Eating whilst tripping is sometimes a big challenge for me.

At 2h was past the peak. Moved into the studio to take some notes, and managed to recreate IRL a somewhat satisfactory replica of one of the multitudinous sounds that had been so vivid earlier. There was some mild euphoria at this point. Had a cold IPA to help move towards sleepy-town as I needed to get up for work the next day. I drink pretty occasionally, but sometimes take a beer if I need to wind a trip down. DPT lasts longer than I had remembered, and was still very wired at this point.

In bed at 2am. Still little bit wired, but sleep came easily after within about 30mins.

Summary:

Duration: About 30 mins comeup, 1-1.5h of peak, 2h of gentle comedown. Total about 4h. 

29mg was a very medium dose. Will move up to ~50mg next time. I've taken DPT a handful of times, but not for many years. I can imagine pushing it up to about 80mg. 

This trip didn't go really deep, but was entirely worthwhile. It's a great material for contemplation, and I gained creative inspiration. It was rich with auditory sensation. I would like to go deeper with a larger dose in the near future.

DPT is a good one. Glad to have it in the toolkit, and that Leo has reminded us all about it.

Next day I felt tired from a short sleep, but also energized and refreshed.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

1 hour ago, bejapuskas said:

@Leo Gura  So if you become a better demonstration of Love than you are now, it will bring more focus and and attentiveness into your communication style, rather than what most people label as love, right?

I wouldn't put it like that.

I'd just put it as: a more understanding, more loving communication style.

But communication style is only a small component of demonstrating love. Communication style is a rather surface feature.

20 minutes ago, outlandish said:

I liked Leo's description of how DPT mind is like this thick, slow, penetrative process that lets you bore into a contemplation. The mind has some momentous weight to it, not flighty or fidgety, it's like the opposite of ADD.

Yup, well said.

Duration: About 30 mins comeup, 1-1.5h of peak, 2h of gentle comedown. Total about 4h. 

Yes, the peak lasts up to about 1h45m. Then a smooth organic comedown.

29mg was a very medium dose. Will move up to ~50mg next time. I've taken DPT a handful of times, but not for many years. I can imagine pushing it up to about 80mg. 

That was a good entry dose.

50mg+ should be awesome for ya.

I have noticed that DPT activates the 3rd eye area. My forehead starts to tingle and expand in this amazing way.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

With that attitude you will never understand.

That's why I put it out there. Rather be honest and hope someone will refute it. However, what difference does it make if I am God or not? I really don't know.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Tolerance to psychedelics varies greatly between people. DPT just may not mesh well with your brain or body. Maybe you need a much larger dose. Or maybe it won't work on you at all.

Or maybe your technique is off.

All this requires careful investigation to figure out.

It's worth figuring out.

I will try 80mg and 100mg. But If 100mg still doesn't do it. Then I think I need to abort DPT. 

My technique of administering is quite on point in my opinion.

I have 5ml Cryovials. I measure out the powder into the vials on the scale. Then add about 1-2ml of warm water. Shake it until everything is dissolved. Empty my bowels and use an enema to clean out everything. Very gently insert the syringe with spit as lube. Very slow so it doesn't hurt. Press the plunger gently as not to squirt it in and cause discomfort.  Leave it in for 15 minutes while lying on my bed. 

Maybe it is just because I am taking a lot of other substances atm: Microdosing 4-AcO-DMT, Phenylpiracetam, Noopept, Oxiracetam etc pp. 

For some people the plugging method itself seems not to work. Maybe because they have different bacteria or genetics or whatever.

You need to test that plugging is a method that actually works on you, regardless of substance.

1 hour ago, Psychonaut said:

Maybe it is just because I am taking a lot of other substances atm: Microdosing 4-AcO-DMT, Phenylpiracetam, Noopept, Oxiracetam etc pp

You cannot just blindly mix DPT with that stuff, it could be very dangerous.

You have to take it clean, without any other meds or supplements or things. Otherwise you'll never understand what is causing what.

Don't be foolish folks. Mixing research chemicals with random things is irresponsible.

Do not mix psychedelics with nootropics unless you specifically tested to make sure it's okay.

Test! Test! Test! Every little detail.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have noticed that DPT activates the 3rd eye area. My forehead starts to tingle and expand in this amazing way.

Yes. I don't know if my years with DPT helped activate this area for me but it has been, and it expands as you say or creates space. Since a year, or little less, back I have been able to stay centered there. Yogananda said if you keep your gaze centered there at all times it will haste spiritual progress. And the more you pay attention to the spot the more it will deepen and the easier it will be to rest there.

What the heck? You are microdosing shrooms analogue along with a lot of random stuff and excpecting it to work correctly?

Stop doing all other substances for at least a week and then go into DPT trip.

Isn't cross-tolerance one of the first things a psychonaut learns about?

And if one of your suplements was an iMAO, you could easily overdose. Be careful.

On a side-note, if someone stumbles upon this post. No, you can't take DPT while on antidepressants, it won't work.

26 minutes ago, Girzo said:

No, you can't take DPT while on antidepressants, it won't work.

Not at all? From what I've read, people on SSRI's report that psychedelics either work normally or effects are reduced so you need a higher dose. @Leo Gura said to not take 5-MeO with SSRI's because it's dangerous but from this tripsit 3.0 guide, it seems like you can take psychedelics with SSRI's

Combo_2.png

I'm on a low dose of Venlafaxine (SNRI) and I will have to take it at least for the next 3 months so I wonder if it's ok to try 5-MeO

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Do whatever you like, but don't then go on the forums saying you have done 40 mg of 5-MeO and it left you unimpressed. That kind of misleading is rampant over the internet.

I think it's a good practice to always disclose your possible tolerance before reporting an experience. Like "I have done 7 grams of shrooms 5 days ago" or reporting other drugs you are currently on, like SNRI's.

My friend had been once taking some herbal supplements and then was surprised by the intensity of the trip. "No shit sherlock, you have been taking a MAOi. People need to be more aware and cautious of what they put in their body.

That's why I don't like a lot of modern facilitators and shamans like Octavio Rettig. Mixing stuff and overdosing on purpose. They are reckless.

Btw @Enlightenment, why would you need psychedelics while on SNRI? Is it not doing it's job? I would wait those 3 months, it's not that long. There's plenty of stuff you can do during this period. It's about commitment, if you have decided on giving a chance for antidepressants, then do it right.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

For some people the plugging method itself seems not to work. Maybe because they have different bacteria or genetics or whatever.

You need to test that plugging is a method that actually works on you, regardless of substance.

I did not try plugging yet. In the case it really won't work for me, what is the next ROA you would recommend? Snorting?

1 hour ago, Girzo said:

Btw @Enlightenment, why would you need psychedelics while on SNRI? Is it not doing it's job? I would wait those 3 months, it's not that long. There's plenty of stuff you can do during this period. It's about commitment, if you have decided on giving a chance for antidepressants, then do it right.

I want to have an interesting experience with 5-MeO, that's it. I take them for anxiety and they do work. I've already done some 5-MeO when I was not on any meds, but didn't breakthrough yet.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

You won't breakthrough on antidepressants.

!IMPORTANT!

While generally taking pure psychedelics on SSRIs is only disappointing and not harmful, beware. Some newbie might think: "Oh someone did DMT on antidepressants and it was an ok experience, so I can smoke my changa."

NO!

DMT freebase is not the same thing as changa or ayahuasca. While the first combination will be harmless the other two can be deadly because of MAOi content in ayahuasca vine, which results in a serotonin syndrome.

Since it's a DPT thread, never try DPT + moclobemide (so called propylhauasca) combo on antidepressants, because it's deadly.