Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pouya

Can the enlightened ones have phobias? How to trancend it?

14 posts in this topic

I think this is pretty possible. Like, if someone has a extreme fear of hieght, instincts kicks in when they go to high places. 

Can enlightenment help with it or it's not related?

Enlightenment will not cure you of your addictions, mental illnesses etc.  But you will be more conscious of them and more self aware of what triggers them and when they happen. 

That in itself as well as realizing you are God can lessen their severity to a degree but it will not be the cure.

You will have to do your own work on that which can take decades.   So yes it can help but isn't the end all be all fix.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Enlightenment will not cure you of your addictions, mental illnesses etc.  But you will be more conscious of them and more self aware of what triggers them and when they happen. 

That in itself as well as realizing you are God can lessen their severity to a degree but it will not be the cure.

You will have to do your own work on that which can take decades.   So yes it can help but isn't the end all be all fix.

Not related. The awakened is fearless.

You speak from ignorance. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Hellspeed maybe its completely unrelated - i have OCD and have been gradually more conscious even without enlightenent.  But after liberation it seemed to become much easier and less severe - and that is simply through the miracle of God realization.  This whole thing including yourself is being imagined by yourself. 

God can do whatever he/it wants.  So be careful to put limitations on God.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

ot related. The awakened is fearless.

You speak from ignorance

LOOOOL THIS is the cherry on the cake for my day today. This has made my day not even telling Conrad he’s not enlightened. But this! This is the epitome of non duality right here 

@Inliytened1 do you see as soon as you’ve come back to duality, your ignorant. 

This is the fucking funniest statement I’ve heard all day. 

All you enlightened beings are reinforcing each other’s dreams. We want people to have enlightenment experiences and get out of the turquoise paradigm. Not stay in it to become zen devils! 

“The devil wears prada, while the god comes in the form of Aakash to tell y’all you chatting as equal BS as a two 2 year old.” 

Edited by Aakash

25 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Not related. The awakened is fearless.

You speak from ignorance. 

*Takes a deep breath*
*Smells impulsive arrogance*

43 minutes ago, Pouya said:

Can the enlightened ones have phobias? How to trancend it?

Auto-maintaining systems are inherent to the expression of Life on this planet.

The fear of pain is a healthy thing. There is a disease in which people feel no pain and no fear of pain. As a result, they mutilate themselves unconsciously, like biting their tongues, chewing their own lips, losing their fingers etc.

Enlightenment doesn't make you devoid of appreciation for Life. It's the other way around, but in a beautifully balanced way. It doesn't get rid of your fear of heights, fear of fire, fear of drowning etc. Enlightenment does get rid of the existential fear of death. But that's a very different thing.

You transcend it just like everyone else. You can go to therapy.

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Hellspeed maybe its completely unrelated - i have OCD and have been gradually more conscious even without enlightenent.  But after liberation it seemed to become much easier and less severe - and that is simply through the miracle of God realization.  This whole thing including yourself is being imagined by yourself. 

God can do whatever he/it wants.  So be careful to put limitations on God.

Again. I see this for what it is. Liberation is LIBERATION, period.

Namaste

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Form is form.  It is a particular way.  It can be short, tall - skinny, fat.  It can have illness..it can be "healthy".  It is a particular way.

Enlightenment collapses this particular possibility into pure potential.  But as pure potential you simultaneously have certain realizations as the Absolute.

During this blissful non-dual state all form dissipates as does all related with form.  God is Absolute perfection.

On the gradual collapse back into form you have passageway into the formless.  You have broken through the gateless gate or impenetrable barrier.

This pathway is now open. 

Awareness expands.

The miracle of Oneness happens.

As you are no longer the same form - your old form died and now you are reborn as new form - so too has all things related to your form.  This can include illnesses.  There is change everywhere in your form.  Because you are now a different form.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 pls clarify the difference between Ego and Mind.

_-------------------------------

Why there should be addictions after enlightenment after the realisation I am not the body and I am not the mind.

Nisargadatta Maharaj could speak very eloquently on Advaitha but couldnt quit smoking and died of cancer.

Addictions cravings are compulsions on the ego to smoke arent they supposed to die after enlightenment ?

When asked about smoking the body devoloped some bad habbits and I dont deny what the body wants - (this is the reply i dont remember exact words)

Nisargadatta Maharaj too says you will become absolutely fearless.

And another enlightened master said healthy fear is good.

Any how books dont speak as he is no more.And we have to rely upon the words of living enlightened.

--------------------------------

Edited by Jkris

@Pouya I used to have a phobia about heights until I realized it's not the fall that kills it's the sudden stop. Now I'm afraid of the ground.

@Jkris It's a process.  One Awakening will not rid you of addictions, but as I mentioned, you have to die to Awaken - and you will come back a different form - but the differences may be slight.  The more Awakenings One has the more the form is altered.

Therapy and things of that nature are within duality - it can work within its context - but it cannot compare to God realization.  In the end with therapy you are just talking to yourself and ultimately you must fix your own problems.  

Any who dispute this have not awakened.

With ego transcendence you can lose the fear of death.  It is possible.  

It is also possible to view the fear of death, while you still have it, as healthy - because you are conscious that death is Bliss - and also conscious that you as the ego still fear it.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.