Cody_Atzori

My family think i'm CRAZY!!

13 posts in this topic

Pretty much, I just did an intense workout (i'm only 15) and after it my eyes were bloodshot and my parents saw me and instantly got extremey worried.  My dad got angry and dismantled my weights. They did this and started to accuse me of how strange I've been acting recently. Basically, It's the summer and it makes sense for a kid my age to be going out with their friends all the time. However, I kind of isolate myself and work on myself as a self-actualizer. I meditate, research on my laptop, etc. They always accuse me of being strange. They love me very much, but they're "worried" as they say. They're even threatening to take my laptop off me even though I use it for good. I still don't know how to rationalize the bloodshot eyes, I was kinda shocked as well. What do I do?

Edited by Cody_Atzori
"reasons"

my parents are the samexD. What do you think why you got those bloodshot eyes? From lifting weights?

@Cody_Atzori Look up Eckhart Tolle's YT vid 'How to Deal With Unconscious People'. Use their unconsciousness to grow your consciousness, and cultivate compassion.

Observe, don't absorb.

See Leo's video on understanding relativism. :) He talks a lot about compassion and understanding others there. 

@Cody_Atzori 

Your energy levels are very high. Maybe you should try masturbation. But be careful of addiction.

Your parents' concerns are reasonable. Maybe you should try to blend more in your environment.

The bloodshot eyes were from working out too hard; strain or holding your breath for too long.  Just tell them this is the reason and you'll tone down the workouts.  You should probably take their advice and go out with friends a little more than you do.  Socializing is important, especially at your age.

Edited by SerpaeTetra

@Truth Addict LOOOL what has self-help turned into ?? your telling the man to go and masturbate LOOOL! 

As weird as it sounds, I neither disagree or agree lol! Neutral as fuck. 

Tell them you love them very much but you're worried they're not behaving the way that you think they should and if they keep it up there will be consequences.

Just kidding.

It would seem wise to look for ways of developing yourself that your parents approve of, or at least are OK with. They probably do care about you and it sounds like the bloodshot eyes were a bit of a shock, which isn't surprising. Maybe try to calm the workouts down a notch.

When I was 15, I felt very hesitant about going to parties and drinking beer and stuff but once I tried it a few times and found some good friends, those kinds of social experiences that I was so unsure about actually ended up becoming some of the most memorable of my life.

Of course, parties aren't for everyone.

I think it's fairly normal for parents to be a bit worried about their teenage offspring. Try not to shock them too much and if you can't be good, be careful.

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

@Aakash For me, masturbation is one of the best ways to reduce energy. It's healthy to ejaculate from time to time.

1 hour ago, Dan502 said:

Tell them you love them very much but you're worried they're not behaving the way that you think they should and if they keep it up there will be consequences.

Just kidding.

It would seem wise to look for ways of developing yourself that your parents approve of, or at least are OK with. They probably do care about you and it sounds like the bloodshot eyes were a bit of a shock, which isn't surprising. Maybe try to calm the workouts down a notch.

When I was 15, I felt very hesitant about going to parties and drinking beer and stuff but once I tried it a few times and found some good friends, those kinds of social experiences that I was so unsure about actually ended up becoming some of the most memorable of my life.

Of course, parties aren't for everyone.

I think it's fairly normal for parents to be a bit worried about their teenage offspring. Try not to shock them too much and if you can't be good, be careful.

I am also a teenager and I've always been hesitant to go to parties, especially with alcohol. I was on my first alcohol party this year and I didn't want to drink anything there. Of course my friends put something into my drink and I felt it, but I was just too humble (this sounds weird) and affraid to pour it out, so I said to myself, that if I try it this one time, it doesn't matter. I was one of the few who did not get drunk at that party, but I still had this effect, where my shame levels dropped and it felt like a mystical experience and I actually integrated this later on, so I don't regret it... Also all of the people who got drunk there realized, that they are not doing any party with alcohol again, (they went to tell me) so I was happy to give them this lesson xD

Is normal reaction from others. Maybe try to go more slow. They also have to adapt to your changes. 

Be honest with them. Tell them why you do what you do and what are your motivations in a kind/compassionate way. But don't dismiss what they have to say. They might not be actualizing but they have way more life experience than you do. Try to learn from all angles. 

However, considering that you are very young and your parents are still responsible for you I would suggest that you stay within their boundary a little bit for now. 

Try to find a balance but honesty goes a long way

Sailing on the ceiling