Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreenWoods

Increase your Capacity to LOVE

7 posts in this topic

Love is fundamental to Reality and perhaps the most God-like trait one can express. I found 3 ways how to increase your capacity to love:

1. raise your consciousness and realize that we are all one. The techniques are obvious: Meditation, psychedelics, kriya yoga,....

2. Open your heart chakra: Kriya/Kundalini Yoga is quite effective for this. Once you feel the prana, you can consciously bring it to your heart chakra (I prefer the heart chakra on the front but the one on the back is also fine I guess). keep focusing on the heart chakra and additionally try to feel love.

3. Samadhi with love: You can have Samadhi with all sorts of things objects, emotions... Thus you can also have Samadhi with love. Santata Gamana recently published a new book called Smadhi. Basically you just concentrate on the object till you become it (so just generate the feeling of love and remain in it). When you have samadhi with love, you on the one hand get insights about love and become love-like (Gamana mentions, that when you have samadhi with a thing, you adopt qualities of that thing). Even if you never achieve samadhi with love, you will become way more loving nevertheless because you spent so much time immersed in the feeling of love. I love this exercise, currently it's my favourite. Tip: Do 2. prior to it. with the prana in the heart chakra it will be much easier to generate the feeling of love.

Of course there are other ways like selfless giving, getting into a lovely relationship or doing things you love (they however probably are not as effective)

You got any additional ideas on how to increase your capacity to love?

In addition to opening the heart (4th chakra) more, is the notion of closing up the 5th chakra which has a common malfunction of being too open. Being able to "hold one's tongue" is a form of intentional or conscious suffering which leads to more understanding which in turn grows one's capacity to love more.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Indeed the raw feeling of Love prior to thought is the same Love as Absolute Love.  Its when you make it relative through thought that it splits into the part.  Nothing wrong with the part either.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

♥️

Willingness to be attentive to past, future, and self referential thought stories, and seeing this in others as well, becomes self knowledge / understanding / recognition / compassion, instead of reaction (to “another”). In understanding, there is no self and other, but the knowing of ‘now’. (Now / Actuality, being “exited” via past, future, self, thought story)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Listen to music while meditating.  Sit with the feeling of Kundalini or Being as i call it and try to be free of thought.  Try to not know. That is Love and Love is Bliss.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.