Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John West

Kundalini awakening

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys

What are other practices or things to do in order to awaken (or to free, however you wanna call it) the kundalini energy that's stuck around the root chakra?

PS: I do Kriya Yoga (according to Stevens: Kriya Secreats Revealed) daily for almost a year now.

@John West Get Gamana's book on Kundalini. I guess those are the most direct and powerful practises.

Another, more indirect way, is through whole body orgasms. checkout the youtube channel sexual kung fu. gabe from the channel vegan aesthetics also had an kundalini awakening through an orgasm I believe, but his videos are long and repetitive. Mantak chia is an expert in getting whole body orgasms (and thus potentially to have mystical experiences or kundalini awakenings)

Edited by GreenWoods

@John West Dont do it alone it can kill, you there are more powerfull practices like self inquiry open awarness meditation 

@GreenWoods  Isn't a too powerful approach dangerous, like @SriBhagwanYogi  mentioned? Not just because it can maybe kill you )dont know about that), but also because of the kundalini syndrom, which happens when you go at it too quickly?

20 hours ago, John West said:

@GreenWoods  Isn't a too powerful approach dangerous, like @SriBhagwanYogi  mentioned? Not just because it can maybe kill you )dont know about that), but also because of the kundalini syndrom, which happens when you go at it too quickly?

I don't know. And I haven't done a thorough research on it yet but so far it seems to me like this: There are 3 main positions:

1. Those people say that it is very dangerous. They also say Kriya yoga and kundalini yoga are very dangerous and should not be done. They also say that psychedelics are even more dangerous and don't bring you (true) enlightenment. They recommend techniques that seem very very indirect. I suppose they are just dogmatic and have no deep and broad understanding of nonduality 

2. Those say that kundalini awakening can be dangerous if it doesnt happen the right way. They do recommend practicing kriya yoga to prepare the body for the kundalini awakening but ONLY with a guru. They take the traditional approach. They say it takes years or decades and should only be done with a guru and then it is possible that you have a kundalini awakening and then it will be not dangerous .

3. They say the kundalini awakening can be very tough if the body is not yet ready and one is not yet spiritually mature. So they recommend yoga to prepare the body. One definitely doesn't need a guru. And they say that the kundalini awakening is more certain to happen (than the others say) and can happen much more quickly.

Now, what does dangerous mean? ln the handful of books I read related to the topic and little online research I have done so far, dangerous means that you can have very severe kundalini symptoms. But I haven't yet found one serious source which says it can kill you. In the internet are of course some horror stories, but as with psychedelics use, you must look at the context. When someone knows nothing about spirituality and nonduality and one's body hasn't been prepared whatsoever with yoga or something similar, and one has a spontaneous kundalini awakening or goes to someone who awakens it right away then this is similar to when a teenage takes a high dosage of 5me0-Dmt half drunk on a party with his friends. 

I am not totally sure yet, but what I would suggest is, that when you have the theoretical foundation, that is you are mentally mature and you prepare your body gradually with yoga, the chance of it killing you is under 0.01%. You will of course have kundalini symptoms nevertheless. And they are severe according to how unprepared your body is. But as long as it doesn't kill me, I would be fine with those symptoms. 

So when is your body ready? intuit it. Gradually adopt more and more powerful techniques but only if you feel ready. I have read Stevens book and Gamanas books. I would say kriya supreme fire is the most powerful technique. Gamana says you can do it after already some few months of kriya yoga and then over the months and years of practice you do it for longer and longer durations, up to an hour once you are very experineced and already had a kundalini awakening. I have been doing kriya yoga for 6 months but because I just want to be very very safe, I haven't yet added it to my routine. I will wait perhaps 2 more months and when I feel ready I will add it and very slowly increase the duration (number of rounds). You have been doing kriya yoga for 1 year so I guess, in case you feel ready, you can add it now. If I remember right, Leo added it much sooner, but he is also more spiritually advanced. Definitely buy Gamana's book on kundalini, even if his techniques seem too dangerous to you, it is still worth it because it includes interesting background knowledge on it. But if you want to be yet more safe, then do the approach which position  1 and 2 suggest.

Does anyone of you think the kundalini awakening itself can kill you right away?

@GreenWoods yes when Kundalini becomes so strong the ego collapses and dissolves leaving only Being.

I call Kundalini Being itself.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@GreenWoods yes when Kundalini becomes so strong the ego collapses and dissolves leaving only Being.

I call Kundalini Being itself.

Is this in response to my question whether kundalini awakening can kill you right away? Then I wasn't precise. I didn't mean whether it can kill the ego (because this can of course happen, furtunately:) ) but whether it can directly kill the body (and thus the ego along with it) (and with directly I exclude indirect ways like suicide due to not being able to handle the awakening)

@GreenWoods not in my experience or i wouldnt be here.  And i have had some very powerful mystical experiences where after the kundalini becomes total a powerful force - all of infinity - just fills you and you will shake uncontrollably - kind of like tremors.  Because the mortal cannot contain Infinity.  

And remember all of this including you is imagination.  The physical body and world is an illusion..it's just an idea.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@GreenWoods your welcome but when it happens you won't be thinking about a whole lot but you will be blissing out and crapping your pants simultaneously :x:P

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@GreenWoods
@John West

I haven't heard anyone saying that Kundalini awakening can kill you besides dogmatic people. My own experience, and of other seekers that I have interacted with have shown me that kundalini can have both fantastic and terrible effects. But death? Not really.

I also agree with @GreenWoods in checking Gamana's Kundalini Exposed. If you go by Stevens KSR, you will barely find any worthwhile info about kundalini. The last practice of his book is about raising and stabilizing the Kundalini, and provides no information or relationship between Kundalini and non-duality at all. 

Like @Inliytened1 said, Kundalini in its essence is 'Being', but 'Being' in 'movement.' It's powerful life-energy, Shakti!

@Inliytened1 mine awoke a year ago, had no idea the body was gonna shake & jerk (kryas) I have some really blissed out days & other days very unconscious?‍♂️?

defiantly not the same person I was a year or 2 ago. For the better.

So I was reading this book   by Mantak Chia that I think was called The Multi-Orgasmic Man, about multiple orgasms. I tried doing exercises. Some of them were about moving energy from your balls to your head through the spine. And this is when I first felt like this moving  energy is real, first had to imagine it but then it really  became physical. Felt crazy weird at first. Now it easily happens, sometimes spontaneously, for example, when I meditate or when I do a breathing exercise, the body just starts violently shaking.  Or I can put my body to it just by attention from the mind. Didn't even know what kundalini is back then. 

Edited by tom rAy