mandyjw

Authentic Love

80 posts in this topic

The definition of enlightenment to me is the ability to love purely, or the clear knowledge of what love is as oneself. This is Truth, the purpose of the universe and being. That's what I want to embody in my life more than anything.

It's easy to get a spiritual ego and see oneself as someone who acts lovingly toward other people. But love is knowing when to say no or being able to say something difficult to someone. It's as if the person with a spiritual ego decides that they must always act with a loving response, even when it's inappropriate. Other people are made so uncomfortable by love, that they never show it to others. 

I have always seen in myself and others the tendency to react to someone who sees their self as a loving person, but has unconsciously made it part of their ego. I feel like their love is inauthentic so it unconsciously provokes a cynical, mean or withdrawn response from me. I have also been the person showing fake love before and provoked the response from others. 

Unconscious patterns always seem to have a back and forth quality to them. We play devil's advocate, we react against things we see. We are happy with some circumstances, upset by others. 

I guess that love is the ability to hold space for someone, or even something, to be the space. Interacting with others while still holding that space gets really challenging because it's so easy to get pulled in one direction or another. 

How do you know when to say no to someone, or when a response comes from love? Rupert Spira said that when you say the right thing is resonates in a deep way, it feels like when you sing a note on key. 

Thoughts? How do we love more authentically? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Love for the sake of love. Once you realize you are God, oneness is had and fear perish. Love for the sake of love. 

One cant really love as long as one sees an 'other'

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

28 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

The definition of enlightenment to me is the ability to love purely, or the clear knowledge of what love is as oneself. This is Truth, the purpose of the universe and being. That's what I want to embody in my life more than anything.

If you understand love as your true nature, then acting from your true nature is the ultimate expression of it.
To ask 'how can I love more authentically?' is to ask: 'how can I be myself to a greater degree?'.
That question cannot be answered, because one cannot know oneself. Knowledge implies a subject and object of knowing, and therefore, separation. To know yourself is to be separate from yourself. Authenticity, love, is being. It is a lack of self-reflective awareness that employs self-referential phenomena (thoughts about thoughts, feelings about feelings, etc.).

True love can only happen when there is nobody loving and nobody loved.
That requires abiding in the state of not-knowing, by dropping all self-concepts such as 'I must love'.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

More self love and understanding will equate to more authentic love toward others. Self judgement and shame are huge obstacles for us  

Also letting go of any ideal behaviors of how love is supposed to look. We have to be present even when we react, we have to be accepting of our own flaws, imperfections and bad tendencies. 

We can be aware and let go of our expectations and judgments.

The only place authentic love is possible is NOW and so I think you may like @Faceless thread on “no way, as way to headlessness” as well as Ivankiss threads on love, for they serve as a good reminder of the non dual expressions of love through us

@mandyjw Can i tell you a story, right now after giving up my dream of helping the world, i have been left with a bitter feeling... As i react emotionally now, i realised it doesn't matter about your intentions. Society only cares about results. 

So heed my warning: the best way to be authentic is to show authenticity by forcing inauthenticity

- GO help a cat from a tree, Go sponsor a child in sudan, Do not jump in a burning building to save someone 

This is the best way to show your loving... it is to pretend you are a loving person

Then when everyone congratulates you for being a loving person, you accept the momentary happiness for all your effort made and RUN with it.  

This is the dual version of authentic love 

The non-dual version is to meditate

The irony is: both are correct! join me mandy lets save cats from trees, meditation is for those who don't agree with society 

Edited by Aakash

Authentic love is unconditional agape love. It's the very essence of Being.

@Preetom If you don't see other - the function of the intellect is to distinguish between you and the other - otherwise one will go mad - Sadhguru

In reality or conconciousness or existence - It is simply nothing.New age people are projecting their human love on the Absolute ? - Sadhguru

48 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Authentic love is unconditional agape love. It's the very essence of Being.

NOO mandy, don't listen to these spiritual people, THEY are all new age. Forget about the trees and nature river walks where you live. Return to the BIG city, where there are tall buildings, taco bells, five guys. Its not about how big your heart is! its about how big your house is! THIS is unconditional love. You will recieve LOTS of love from people talking about how big your house is and what they would do if they had the space and lifestyle. THEY will shower you in love which you will absorb into your emotional neurological system! allowing you to reach higher goals. AUTHENTIC love, comes from being socially accepted by everyone around you as the coolest person to ever walk the earth. HOW do you think tony Robbins lives, he's a millionnaire teaching people how to live their life? he's authentic because he's socially accepted. That's what we need mandy .. to be more socially accepted. 

Also i'm just playing the part of my correct paradigm - orange. If it resonates with you, great i'm doing well. if not, then what i intuite is your so worried about your love for your kids being inauthentic, because you've heard that there's something more authentic, don't be. these lot may be right but You can't rush your way to enlightenment, its a process that goes at your own pace. You shouldn't create a correlation with expectations of what enlightenment will provide you and compare it to what you have now. Your love for your kids is already authentic and perfect as is. JUST keep doing what your doing and  doing the practices aswell. 

Stress increases cortisol levels and this is bad for your hearts :) you will die one day, lets try to prolong it as long as possible. 

Edit: like look at me for example, i was conceptually close, but now i'm really at stage red emotionally, because finding out how reality works, was a need i needed for my survival, so i boosted my cognition to get up there! now I'm 6 levels off enlightenment LOL  but i've learnt to take it slowly. Hence i am focused on results now. Similarly if you just focus on the practices! the sooner you will understand what their direct experience is telling them unconditional love is. your needs at stage green to be unconditional loving actually makes the path more difficult! because it becomes entwined in your needs line of development system. Therefore you arrive at the statement "i'm not a loving person" because your in stage green! this is about emotional connection to everything around you and energy. Its not about unconditional love. The love in green is beautiful and tree-hugging. So be a tree-hugger mandy while i be a capitalistic tree-harvestor for the tables in my warehouse. 

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash what happened Aakash suddenly so much concern about financial success,status ? Sudden  u turn from a desire to serve the world ????

Sounds like @Aakash needs some good loving here :x

And no, you don't have to have the goods either or be any particular way. God is love and you are God :) 

@Jkris YES, i have seen through the veil of illusion leo is selling me, money, objectives, goals and targets is the society we live in, if you don't reach acceptable targets you will not be loved. Meditation to get rid of self- doubts and thoughts about a seperate self to merge with god! sounds like hocus pocus to me. 

@mandyjw hey Mandy, check out this verse 

1 John 4:8 "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

“If we globally organized a particular day, in which every human being on this earth stopped what they were doing, and held the hand of another, forming a perfect circle around the equator of the earth, the majority of us would drown.”

-Osho

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Aakash Aakash please be honest with yourself in what you want.

Leo's interest are exploring reality,Self Realisation and study of human Mind - psychology.He is perfectly doing what he is interested whole heartedly.

Now Self Realisation is not a new concept.That's what Hinduism,Buddhism is all about.

If you have strong desires to make money,Family,career,marriage and not able to whole heartedly trust the wise words of sages now do it gradually you can be a family man carry out your family duties,carrier in a balanced way - Dharma,Artha,Kama,Moksham.

But keep meditating as well.

Guess Winter Knight can give you better guidance if you are in confusion.He is enlightened and active in the world as well.

@Nahm Ahmen my substitute teacher. 

Not that i'm saying any of this is true, its all woowoo to me. :) 

@Jkris This post is not about me, i am simply stating where i am in life. If i get to enlightenment when i'm 50-60 great. But utilising actualise.org to change the world yourself is itself impossible. ALL the meta -language you've gained from here in the process, will not translate in words outside this incubator. this is the main problem. Hence i am grateful for leo showing me the truth of the world. However, i can't do anything with it of tangible value, can only write an autobiography. NOW, the self-help section of the actualise.org. i can use that. to make me objectives come true and be loved by everyone! I told you we live in a material world whether you like it or not, its the paradigm. 

HEALING USING LOVE ? WOOWOOO 

This is my perspective from stage orange. Not anything above. 

side note: yes there are infinite number of things that can be done, but orange is simply the truth. We are now moving into green in the past 20 years so maybe you can rescue an elephant in africa from going extinct or do some volunteering work. This is realistic. Hence i said to mandy ... This is love, having your ego praised by others for being such a great "human being" by relative standards.

I'm telling you, jkris its difficult to speak about these things publically, people will throw rocks and stones at you and call you a clown. Leo is safe to do it online, but you need to be turquoise itself to have a life purpose doing it. So its easier to set realistic targets. MONEY, objectives, not helping people. I mean lol who really cares about other people, than themselves and those close? virtually no-one. I can't even understand why i was so attracted to do it. Inspiring people? should stick to shallow self help industry, tony robbins style.

Edited by Aakash

48 minutes ago, Nahm said:

“If we globally organized a particular day, in which every human being on this earth stopped what they were doing, and held the hand of another, forming a perfect circle around the equator of the earth, the majority of us would drown.”

-Osho

That reeeally made me laugh. What an absolutely glorious little shit that guy was.

It's a great example of the mind co-opting love, and deciding what it might look like without regard to the consequences, resulting in irony. I think so often in this work, we recognize this fact and we decide that it's better not to try.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost