Psyche_92

Why do i feel ressentment towards beautiful woman?

10 posts in this topic

Why do i feel ressentment towards woman who are from my perspective hot, and also towards woman who wear lots of makeup ( this is not something i like )?

Is it because i deep down feel insecure about myself, and feel like i'm not worthy of them?

Edited by Psyche_92

@Psyche_92 Could be a couple of things - you see them as 'fake', it triggers your own feminine, the 'mother' issues.

You subconsciously think they should be attracted to you but they don't.

On top of that, you think that the love and/or sexual interest of women are necessary for you to be happy in life.

So you hate them because they don't give you a fake need in your mind, which you think they should when there is zero (true) reason to support that in your mind.

It's a big mess ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

you simply answered your own question!

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@Psyche_92  Maybe you have it associated with some negative event from the story of your past, which would lead to the things others have said.

Wearing makeup (other than for costume or artistic purposes) is a form of manipulation.  On a subconscious level, they're lying about their level of youth and fertility.  This isn't only to attract men, but perhaps more importantly to intimidate other women.  (Women who say they wear it for themselves are being self deceptive.)  I'm not blaming women, as our culture strongly supports this, and cosmetic and beauty companies exploit this to make massive profits.  

Also, women who are highly attractive are more likely to be stuck up and lack consciousness, as receiving large amounts of positive attention can easily inflate someone's ego.

Your resentment could be a sign that you should look for higher consciousness romantic partners.  Resentment is a natural emotion, but it can become toxic.  Understanding why people act the way they do along with doing consciousness work will generally reduce this.

If you experience insecurity, then I'm sure there other posts discussing that, but the main thing to realize is that these women are not actually high value in a dating sense.  Our culture is very shallow and materialistic, so it pedestalizes them, but look at your own values in a romantic partner, and you'll realize that they're quite lacking in higher consciousness virtues.

I can't know if this would have any relation to why you feel resentful towards beautiful women, but I notice there are a couple things that slightly irk me about some of the people I've known in that category.

I think for one, beautiful people in general have much less of an incentive to be or do anything interesting - people will want to associate with them simply because they are beautiful. As such, I've found there can be a bit of an association with beauty and unconsciousness, which can also tie in with a certain sense of entitlement and an unjustified lack of self-doubt.

But, it's quite clear to me that these things only bother me (in so far as they do) because I envy them. I have noticed that resentment and envy are basically the same thing, and the French term ressentiment is an interesting conflation of the two.

There are obviously many other reasons why you might feel such a way, most of which will ultimately come down to your own psychology.

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

@Psyche_92 I think your conclusion is correct.

I’ve up until recently disliked Charlotte on this forum. Not because she had done anything wrong but because she looked and had the same(I assume) name as someone I dislike. In other words I associated her with something negative. 

In your case perhaps it could be the belief that hot girls are completely unobtainable and her existence is mocking you. In this case you have two options change that belief in a few different ways. 

Prove to yourself that you can be with a hot girl.

Accept that you nor anyone else can have every girl. It only takes one so if there are hot girls you can’t have and that’s ok.

On 19. 6. 2019 at 5:21 PM, Psyche_92 said:

Is it because i deep down feel insecure about myself, and feel like i'm not worthy of them?

Well, look ... do you feel that inside? 

My first association was that resentment is associated with unmet needs. So perhaps hot women get a lot of attention. Women with makeup ask for attention. You would like some more attention for yourself, but aren't getting it and think that asking for it is wrong. So ... there you are. 

(Just a suggestion. Could be something different. LOOK.)