Florian

Having more time by using lucid dreaming

10 posts in this topic

I just had this idea spontaneously so I couldnt research anything about it but I heard that you can practise sport while dreaming lucidly and at least get results in terms of technique (I dont know about muscle growth). So if you could master lucid dreaming you would have a lot more time for mastering anything that is important for your life purpose while sleeping. Any experts? Is this realistic?

@Florian  I heard from my friend, that some people debunked this having more time, because the dreams also take some time to happen, but I have never heard of this getting better at sports while dreaming xD 

@Florian Your subconscious mind doesn't know the difference between the high-quality visualized and the reality that you're seeing in front of your eyes, even though I'm not an expert lucid dreamer but I've had a few so far,  lucid dreaming is a training ground to practice things that you can't do in external reality, conquering any type of fear like jumping off the cliff and anything could be done inside that reality inside your head. 

and sometimes it seems so real that even you become aware of yourself inside the dream but you don't believe it's already a dream, this type of high-quality video could be utilized for personal development! so what you already said is 100% true

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

In a state of meditation, the life force and awarness increase dramatically.

If one is awakened, and relaxes, to a DMT leve awarness, highly concrntrated but serene an relax at the same time, space time, slows down, literally.

Come on, this was tested by einstein lasy century. High speed, bends space time.

I tested this myself. Walking to a destination in stress mode or walking after 5 hours of meditation. 

Something inexplicable happens.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Hellspeed Yes okay, but I meant this more like a tool for your mastery in your career/life purpose then in a spiritual way.

I love the idea.

But one would first have to master lucid dreaming before attempting such things.

Edited by Jj13

@Florian I'm not sure lucid dreaming quite works that way. As far as I understand, even if you're lucid dreaming, the dreams are not as 'stable' as the waking state. It's not like you could just pick up a book and start to learn like you do in normal waking state. I pretty sure lucid dreams are quite short as well. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

I know a friend who is studying engineering and when he’s studying late at night and can’t solve a maths question, he goes to sleep and solves it in his dreams. He does maths in his dream but it isn’t a lucid dream. To do something like this you need to be thinking/doing a lot of sports so that when you sleep your mind is still on the subject. 

I personally have some experience with lucid dreams. When I was younger like 5 I started lucid dreaming a lot. I gave it up at like age 10 or 11. The thing with lucid dreams is they are not very relaxing, so I got bored and tired of it. If you are into sports then you need rest so think about that. 

The way to lucid dream is basically that you need to sleep in a straight position on your back (preferably on a straight mattress, not the ones that sink) and not move. The idea is to make the position a little uncomfortable. Also when you close your eyes, visualize a picture of your sport. Concentrate on the pic. And don’t move about. Now, you should naturally go to sleep. You will go to sleep bc you’ll get tired of concentrating on the pic (like they tell to keep your eyes open if you can’t sleep, it’s the same idea). You should get dreams about the sport or lucid dreams about sports. 

Instead of a picture you can also imagine yourself playing the sport or a story about you playing the sport. If pic doesn’t work  then try story or a scene/scenes.

Tips: you can use blanket, dark room, play the sport before sleeping, don’t be too tired before bed, just a little tired (if too tired then you might get dreams about sport but not lucid ones), and remember to not move about too much.

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

Lucid dreaming researcher Dr Denholm Aspy is a big advocate of this idea. I don't think it's impossible but it does present many challenges. The average lucid dreamer including myself has a difficult time prolonging lucidity for more than 5-10 minutes. With training you can extend it. With that said, there are varying intensities of lucidity so you also have to train yourself to hop in at the right level of intensity. There's also the question of whether training in your sleep 'takes away' from your ability / energy to dedicate to training in the real world etc... There's a great section in Stephen LaBerge's book on the utility of lucid dreaming if you haven't stumbled across it already.

Heard that da vinci used too learn dreaming 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?