Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SunnyNewDay

Neurotic fear

6 posts in this topic

I basically have a fear that's based in some stuff from my past. Logically it's a fear which is unlikely (if not even possible) of ever coming true but the fear touches on some really hot button issues for me like being abandoned and it can occasionally feel very real and limiting. I would say I worry about this fear than more mundane things such as getting sick one day and dying or stuff that is unlikely to happen such as being in a car crash. How can I let go of neurotic fears like this which I can never fully know if they are possible yet feel real? I have a hard time letting go of not knowing and then coping with the idea of experiencing the worst possible outcome of things.

It's possible that this could be a fear of abandonment, or quite possibly a phobia. A phobia is a extreme or irrational fear.  Something as serious as this I would go find a psych asap and get some treatment. 

If the fear were based in your past, you wouldn’t be experiencing it now, at all. So it is now, it is not the thought of the past, but the sensation ‘within’, now. Which are you addressing? Are you pretending to go to a past, or being here now, and embracing? 

You have the thought.

Sensation readily tells you it’s not true (does not feel good).

But you persist. You don’t choose another subject, another perspective, another topic - you persist ignoring your own sensational guidance. 

One day, you will have created enough suffering, and you will create a willingness, to let go. Listening. Now. Ever now. 

What was it - what was that feeling you didn’t want to feel? The one which was covered up with another, with an abandoner, with a story of abandoned? 

Look around now. Take a deep breath. Feel the prana, the chi. See that it is enough, and you could never leave it. See all is well, NOW. 

You’re enough, as you are now. It’s ok to be sensational. 

Nonduality & Meditations         

Empty your head, fulfill your heart       

All fear comes from thought in the form of memory (past) or projection (future). Thought creates time: past, present, and future. So fear exists and comes from the perceived existence of time. To be free of fear is to be free of time. Since time is a creation of thought, to be free of fear you must be free of thought. Consequently, it is important to awaken and experience your Self outside of thought, existing as eternity. So question all notions of yourself that are creations of thought and of time—of past, present, and future. Experience your eternalness, your holiness, your awakeness until you are convinced that you are never subject to the movement of thought, of fear, or of time. To be free of fear is to be full of Love.

Try to Contemplate on the fact that those are not real thoughts, try to fathom it and observe it even putting up resistance, doesn't worth a dime! 

2 years ago, when the telephone was starting to ring, I had a sudden burden of thoughts thinking to myself: will somebody tell us a piece of bad news? 

and sometimes when I was alone, I was thinking to myself: what would I do if one of my beloved ones died? 

but now, I'm free of those emotional and psychological burdens, maybe I started to take the spiritual path and doing various practices like mindfulness meditation and self-awareness helped me along the way!

Posted (edited)

To my best understanding, fear comes from one and only place. The fear of losing something you need to be whole. You are afraid of a lion because you are afraid of losing your life. You are afraid of abondonment because you are afraid that you won't have the person you need to be whole. You wouldn't have this fear if you didn't need him to be a fulfilled person without them. I suggest you to start looking at things you need to have fulfillment in your life, and re-evaluate them. Remember: what the hell do I know?!

Edited by Litaken