Truth Addict

Leo/Mods please stop locking threads.

118 posts in this topic

Enough of this tomfoolery here Truth...one more outburst and I’ll have you held in contempt! xD

i like what you’re saying, that this sort of moderating is born out of fear (from Leo) as he doesn’t wish to be overthrown or derailed and seeks to control the masses to eliminate suffering, which might have the opposite effect 

so by now I may possibly be talking out of my ass and so Id like to say thanks for reading! ?

@DrewNows

You are definitely talking out of your ass!

10 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

i like what you’re saying, that this sort of moderating is born out of fear (from Leo) as he doesn’t wish to be overthrown or derailed and seeks to control the masses to eliminate suffering, which might have the opposite effect 

I didn't even remotely hint at that.

Please stop assuming things about me. I am not outbursting.

@Truth Addict sorry man hope I didn’t trigger you, only teasing, as well as posting an example of a “low quality” post, that may do more harm than good. 

I do seem to remember Leo saying how hesitant he was in making a forum to begin with...maybe it was in the cults vid 

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows

Let's have you banned ?

I consider you a friend and treat you accordingly. We have a history here.

Edited by Truth Addict

Leo's fear and hesitancy, putting himself in this difficult position of power, it's just all just for the experience of greater love and connection. 

It isn't fulfilling to follow in the footsteps of others, when you know there is only One. 

Until he knows that his love is pure, he won't show it. There's nothing more offensive to God than trying to fake love. Better to be a child yelled at by a parent who loves you than hugged by a parent who secretly hates you. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

25 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Until he knows that his love is pure, he won't show it.

Can he ever really know? Teal said it’s a never ending process of self love 

@Truth AddictI appreciate your friendship, I don’t have many. 

If I were to be banned, If I was to die, this would be a gift from the gods ?

Edited by DrewNows

The longer this thread goes on, the longer the next person who wants to start a similar thread has to wait ?

Leo will end up having to invest in software that can spot these threads instantly and as soon as the topic is opened it is locked

?????

@DrewNows Are there impurities? Are the impurities outside of the belief that there are impurities and separate selves who have or do not have them? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Or maybe Leo doesn't mind because he knows it will lead to a culling. He is polishing the ban hammer. 

@mandyjw quick hold my “belief”

I’ll do a quick check to look for impurities...

no belief, no self, no impurities. There’s simply no “I” that can live this way...

edit: also the trouble is figuring out the subconscious beliefs 

Edited by DrewNows

35 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Better to be a child yelled at by a parent who loves you than hugged by a parent who secretly hates you. 

That's only true from the parents perspective. From the child's perspective though, fake love is great, that's why Santa exists. It's a sweet lie.

35 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Leo's fear and hesitancy, putting himself in this difficult position of power, it's just all just for the experience of greater love and connection. 

It isn't fulfilling to follow in the footsteps of others, when you know there is only One. 

Until he knows that his love is pure, he won't show it.

It's not about Leo or me or anyone else. Leo himself does not want people to focus on him, he says that he's just an ordinary person all the time. Actualized.org forum is a society, I am interested in making it a better society for all, as we all are, I assume. It can get to even more advanced places in the future, possibly can turn into a real society, I would personally be so much honoured to be a member of such community. I want to help build it too.

I like your new way of communicating ideas ?

@DrewNows ??

Don't worry, don't rush. Everything will come and it will be perfect when it's time.

6 minutes ago, Bill W said:

The longer this thread goes on, the longer the next person who wants to start a similar thread has to wait ?

Then I guess it's best to keep it running? You're contributing to this as well ?

Fortunately, we're not in the dark ages anymore. We have the luxury of free speech.

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

That's only true from the parents perspective. From the child's perspective though, fake love is great, that's why Santa exists. It's a sweet lie.

Kids know the difference. I never believed in Santa, my parents told me he was just a story from the very start. Christmas was still magic in itself. That's the thing about magic. It just is. 

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Kids know the difference.

I didn't know. I used to believe in everything my parents told me, and everything was magical.

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Christmas was still magic in itself. That's the thing about magic.

Magic is a lie. That's why it's called magic.

Truth is magical too, that's a sweet paradox.

Edited by Truth Addict

When a leadership opportunity is presented to you -- what do you do with it?  This question is bigger than most people realize.  It's a humbling question.  With great power comes great responsibility.  I feel like everyone is growing here and has a lot more to grow too.  Step into the challenge not away from it.  You're not gonna be perfect, but realize too that right now you're probably not yet done baking in the oven as a leader.  This stuff takes openness, time, and a willingness to self-criticize and right one's self too.  If you think you're perfect already and don't need to change, that's a recipe for a big constipated block for improving as a leader.  And you'll just continue to get beat up if you have that as a leader until you wise up.  It's not everyone else, it's you.  A leader has to take 100% responsibility for everything under his leadership.  That takes a certain kind of character that's created -- nobody's born with that.  Leaders must fashion themselves into leaders over time.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Yeah but IMO it fucking sucks to read this topics about mgtow, incel, conspiracy theories or aliens etc over and over again. These topics have been answered several times with great empathy but they pop up almost every day. These 'Leo how was your breakfast'-topics are annoying too. This forum isn't about Leo but about spirituality. Leo and his Mods are positioning themselves against this low-quality stuff and I think thats necessary. 

This is a great video on leadership.  See, a great leader has great character.  And reality reflects this back to the great leader.  You gotta put wholesome energy into reality as a leader to become a great leader.  A great leader is compassionate, encouraging, positive, polite, and inspiring.  A great leader sees himself as his community.  It's not me versus my community.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot

It's a delicate balance and there are no Absolutes in the realm of the relative.  

We can sure use a little more Love around here.  (From every one of us) Everything is done here from a place of Love but there may be improved ways of doing it so that the Love is more apparent.  

Leo mentioned he is working with the Mods to strike a balance.  

We'll evolve.  We must!

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

• If you feel a thread has been unjustly locked, feel free to contact me or any other mod with your reasons why. We can unlock threads if a mistake has been made
  • Mods won't stop locking threads that break forum guidelines
  • Try not to take it personally if your thread gets locked or if you receive a warning. No one is holding anything against you
  • Let's not over blow the importance of this forum, your thread, or of being a mod. Take a step back and it doesn't look like such a big deal

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

I felt mildly disappointed when the "Would Spiral Dynamics necessarily apply to aliens?" thread got closed.

It seemed like a fun question with plenty of potential to help understand both the applicability of the model and the nature of life.

Maybe the word "aliens" made it look frivolous.

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

@Joseph Maynor We're all somehow leaders ??❤️

@Odysseus Thanks for sharing your perspective.

@Inliytened1 And we certainly will! ??❤️

@outlandish FoxFoxFox did create a thread mentioning two examples of unjustly locked threads. His thread got locked without responding to his requests. Is it not enough for the poster to post their thread to make it worth keeping and even answering?

I agree on the second point. This place should remain a healthy environment for all. Some threads can cause harm and should be locked, deleted, banned, etc... Leo, you, and other moderators are doing a great job. I only have love and respect for all of you. I'm just contributing with what I hope can help make this forum a better place.

It is both a big deal and not a big deal at the same time. It depends on how you look at it. To me as a member of a society, it is a big deal. To me as an individual, it isn't.

Edited by Truth Addict