Truth Addict

Leo/Mods please stop locking threads.

118 posts in this topic

The nuance and exceptions everyone is making for this that or the other is amusing, keep em going

What bothers me about locking threads is that a locked thread is a rejection. It's a pushaway to that person who started it. On the other hand, even if a thread is left unlocked, the comments might also serve as a rejection...

I understand that we don't want this place to be "low quality". But wouldn't it be better to respond to "low quality" posts with high consciousness answers? Wouldn't that be more inclusive and actually create change?

But I also understand that mods are not therapists and it might not be completely realistic to do this. I just wouldn't want to completely reject people. Maybe if you lock a thread, send that person a PM with an invitation to contemplate and rephrase their post in another way? And then the person could also talk with a mod about what they were trying to say and why it breaks the guidelines and how to say it differently?

@Truth Addict there isn’t always enough information to make any sort of judgement but if someone’s serious about feeling suicidal and seeking the help of the forum then they would post in the appropriate section and ‘ask for help’ 

always much much more happening underneath the surface, simply taking our first reaction isn’t always a good idea especially if we are not in the best state to begin with 

And you are totally right in that we can call out anyone, mods and even Leo if we feel like they are behaving untrustworthy 

Just sharing thoughts to the OP especially.

I'm glad that you said that you care for others when it comes to suicidal thoughts (and maybe perhaps mental illnesses). But, here's a question. Have you ever tried to help anyone in real life with a severe mental illness? Because if you have, that's a whole different thing. It gets very serious when their meds are not working anymore. It takes more than just a forum to help them. Real awakenings/enlightenment doesn't trigger suicidal thoughts or anything like that.

Leo or the mods do not owe anyone on this forum anything. It's a service that you are welcomed to participate in. There are rules. If you don't follow them, there are consequences. It's really that simple. 

If I invite you to a party at my house and you come in saying the party sucks, I suck, and annoying my guests, I will ask you to behave and if you don't you can leave. You have no right to be at my party, it's a privilege. 

If you don't like the way the forum is, you're free to leave. But don't tell the host how to run his party, when you are the guest. 

@Omni I would like you to reflect on the value of your post, and maybe post your own opinion of it objectively.

@Pallero Thank you, these are some great suggestions.

@DrewNows If there is not enough information, then judgements should be postponed by all of us. Or at least assume good intentions until proven otherwise.

@Key Elements Mental illnesses are a very distinct thing. The posters don't know that they're ill. It can be good to gently point them to seek professional help if we suspect a serious problem. However, I was speaking for both mentally ill people and currently awakening people. And no, I haven't tried to help anyone with a severe mental illness, but I can only assume we're all different and unique and no two people has to be the same.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Jed Vassallo Really?!

What if the host is very open-minded to other perspectives? What if they welcome other opinions? What if they are humble enough to accept other worldviews? You see?

Honestly, we're lucky this place is Leo's not yours.

4 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Omni I would like you to reflect on the value of your post, and maybe post your own opinion of it objectively.

Pretty much impossible to post it objectively, thanks for the thought though. Keep it up.

@Truth Addict that’s a belief my friend but this is real life where all beliefs are relative.

We all come from somewhere but most of us can’t see things from nowhere 

4 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

@Pallero Thank you, these are some great suggestions.

@DrewNows If there is not enough information, then judgements should be postponed by all of us. Or at least assume good intentions until proven otherwise.

@Key Elements Mental illnesses are a very distinct thing. The posters don't know that they're ill. I was speaking for both mentally ill people and currently awakening people. And no, I haven't tried to help anyone with a severe mental illness, but I can only assume we're all different and unique and no two people has to be the same.

I have. And, maybe you should because you're the one who said that you cared. If you actually helped someone in these areas, you will understand that it takes more than just a forum to help them. It's a very serious situation, and you assuming about them is not the answer.

31 minutes ago, Omni said:

The nuance and exceptions everyone is making for this that or the other is amusing, keep em going

Leo pays the light bill.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I don't want to post anymore I never know if It's enough high quality.

Already know for myself what is 'no support'.

I don't know about others people mind shift.

but for me it never ended and for me the truth of my shift is that I don't believe anymore in 'true communication'  I just put my energy/love out litteraly carved with side of my truth and an honest & pure résonant flow.  It's how I understand things for myself. maybe it sounds autistic but I believe in my way so I believe not in better ways. 'Only in ways'

For me hellspeed for instance teached much more than all the 'brick of bs'

It's all clouds and relative understanding

Edited by Aeris

42 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Jed Vassallo Really?!

What if the host is very open-minded to other perspectives? What if they welcome other opinions? What if they are humble enough to accept other worldviews? You see?

Honestly, we're lucky this place is Leo's not yours.

Being open-minded doesn't make you a pushover that rolls over to whoever wants to stubbornly push whatever narrative they're selling. I quote Leo here from just a few days ago:

"Notice that visionary leadership is not meek or neutral. It is bold and decisive. It is not afraid to challenge cultural norms and call out devilry."

Leo and the mods have a very specific vision for this place, and low-quality and troll-tier threads are not part of that. You can accept that and join in the discussion, not accept it and move onto the countless echo chambers that will reinforce your worldview, or not accept it and get banned for not following the rules. It's not rocket science.

Edited by Apparation of Jack

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Key Elements I'm in 4th grade medical school. I have devoted my life to help others in every way I can. What's the point of your post? I honestly don't get it. Locking their threads is not the answer either.

Sometimes what looks like a meaningless joke to someone is a profound insight for some else.

Are we here to learn or are we here to unlearn? Or both? 

I appreciate so much the work that goes into running this place, I'm sure we can all strike a balance together if we ground ourselves in love for this community and one another.

:x

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

Sometimes what looks like a meaningless joke to someone is a profound insight for some else.

Are we here to learn or are we here to unlearn? Or both? 

I appreciate so much the work that goes into running this place, I'm sure we can all strike a balance together if we ground ourselves in love for this community and one another.

:x

? × infinity

❤️ × infinity

@Key Elements

Again, what's the point in saying that?

Is it about proving that you have experience? I didn't even remotely challenge that.

Or is it about proving that I lack experience? Which I have clearly stated earlier.

Back to our main topic: how do you think that locking threads will help more than cause damage?

Here's a suggestion: instead of locking threads, PM the poster and gently clarify for them where they have gone wrong. They might take it less personally and remove the threads by themselves if that was hinted. In other words, create friends out of the members instead of creating enemies.

Of course, you're free to reject my suggestion.

I'd like to say also that locking threads subtly undermines the ability of all other members to determine what is beneficial for them and what is not, which is somehow disrespectful. Many times, certain members/mods (you're included) added to silly topics (imo) and made them very useful to me.

Edited by Truth Addict

12 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Key Elements

Of course, you're free to reject my suggestion.

Yes, you missed my point. It's getting nowhere. 

3 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Yes, you missed my point. It's getting nowhere. 

Don't get triggered. I only said that because I didn't want my suggestion to sound strong. I apologise for that.

Please read the edit in my previous post if you haven't.

Edited by Truth Addict