Aquarius

Carl Jung and the Psychology of the Man-Child

8 posts in this topic

I don't know if this has been posted yet. Thought I'd share.

If house renting was not so expensive this shouldn't be a problem for many

is there such a thing as independancy ?

where does it start, where does it end ? 

This video nails it.

Its the root of NEETS and hikikomoris.

That really is a nice youtube channel for self actualisation if you're looking to just listen to something chilled and philosophical to get yourself motivated. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

12 hours ago, oMarcos said:

If house renting was not so expensive this shouldn't be a problem for many

To be fair, for me it's not just the amount of rent i have to pay each month. I was raised by a pampering mother, and an almost absent father. I literally almost didn't learn to go out there and do shit for myself. Right now i'm 26 and i've only just started to stand up against my mother to gain my independence because she was still smothering me like crazy. Now she's almost totally avoiding me, and she's just starting to do it with her grandchildren.

4 hours ago, Psyche_92 said:

To be fair, for me it's not just the amount of rent i have to pay each month. I was raised by a pampering mother, and an almost absent father. I literally almost didn't learn to go out there and do shit for myself. Right now i'm 26 and i've only just started to stand up against my mother to gain my independence because she was still smothering me like crazy. Now she's almost totally avoiding me, and she's just starting to do it with her grandchildren.

that's also because she is afraid to be alone, and need some purpose im her life