Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noselfnofun

Is doing a retreat in a bad place a bad idea?

4 posts in this topic

I have a ten day Vipassana retreat booked for Wednesday but a few tough life situations have come up and I am not in the best place mentally. I have done a lot of retreats before so there are not new to me but I know if I go would be very very challenge with the current mindset I am in. Is it a risky to go as they are quite intense and wait until I feel better?  or could I get a lot of growth going in there feeling in the dumps?

Thanks 

What will you do if you don't go to the retreat? What's the alternative, will you be in the dumps anyways if you skip it? Will the extra challenge of these life situations make meditation impossible? Do you think being silent with your issues will help you come to terms with them, or will it be more like picking at a wound?

I think it's going to be really hard for someone else to answer this for you so the best I can do is bring up some questions.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

19 hours ago, outlandish said:

What will you do if you don't go to the retreat? What's the alternative, will you be in the dumps anyways if you skip it? Will the extra challenge of these life situations make meditation impossible? Do you think being silent with your issues will help you come to terms with them, or will it be more like picking at a wound?

I think it's going to be really hard for someone else to answer this for you so the best I can do is bring up some questions.

Thank you, I decided to leave it and do the next available one in 3 months, sometimes you have to much going on that needs to be sorted first. In theory I can use these ten days wisely. Thank you for your input