RendHeaven

YouTubers, Promote Yourselves!

65 posts in this topic

@St Clair that’s sick dude! That song heavily reminds me of something from Zelda Twilight Princess haha

@Shadowraix yeah 100%. I’d definitely address’s that more directly if I was to remake it. 

Yeah I figure the best way to introduce new paradgims is to pick apart the old ones first 

16 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

Fascinating! I have a massive background in instrumental composition as well. What software do you use to make your music?

My background isn't exactly massive yet but I have gotten through tons of deliberate focused practice within the past few months.
I'd like to hear your stuff too, by the way.

I pretty much only use FL Studio for my stuff. I love composing with MIDI and I currently don't record with real instruments at the moment.

@RendHeaven It kinda just evolved naturally I guess. I was composing piano tunes before I left home, and then when I moved out and went to live in the mountains, I wanted to film videos there that matched the music I was composing.

As I progress, I want to be able to really feel the essence of a place and try to describe it through creative film-making and music  - full compositions, more than just solo piano stuff. My biggest inspiration is Jeremy Soule, who has composed for Skyrim, Guild Wars, and heaps of other epic games. I hope to be able to compose music as beautiful and adventurous as him one day! 

@carlowillo Thanks for checking it out. That's a rad compliment! 

Edited by St Clair

21 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

My background isn't exactly massive yet but I have gotten through tons of deliberate focused practice within the past few months.
I'd like to hear your stuff too, by the way.

I pretty much only use FL Studio for my stuff. I love composing with MIDI and I currently don't record with real instruments at the moment.

Currently I only do solo piano compositions like @St Clair

If things go according to plan, I'll have a YouTube channel up sooner or later xD

What does deliberate, focused practice look like when you're creating?

I must admit I more or less "wing it."

I have a natural gift of hearing how chords fit, so I mostly disregard music theory, even though I have studied it.

Personally my process looks like: Get inspired by cool songs > Visualize the chords they use > Mix and match > Come up with a melody

I'm interested in the idea of "practice."

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

16 hours ago, St Clair said:

@RendHeaven It kinda just evolved naturally I guess. I was composing piano tunes before I left home, and then when I moved out and went to live in the mountains, I wanted to film videos there that matched the music I was composing.

As I progress, I want to be able to really feel the essence of a place and try to describe it through creative film-making and music  - full compositions, more than just solo piano stuff. My biggest inspiration is Jeremy Soule, who has composed for Skyrim, Guild Wars, and heaps of other epic games. I hope to be able to compose music as beautiful and adventurous as him one day! 

Amazing. I've subscribed.

Video game music is so inspirational. People sleep on it completely. I mean, think about it. Video game music is meant to capture without words the emotions of an entire virtual world. That's a tall task!

Are you currently balancing a day job while attempting to grow your channel? I hope you don't mind me asking.

It's Love.

@RendHeaven Yeah I work a full time cafe job - its draining! But necessary .. 

I made the blunder of thinking I could survive off my work last year, earning an income from busking, and scheduling my days around mastery of my crafts, spiritual practice, reading and such. It was a major mistake - I ate all my money FAST, couldn't find a job when I needed one, ended up on the benefit, became complacent and lazy, couldn't use all my time wisely, and eventually even became a bit depressed. The work I was doing (my blog and Youtube channel) was growing extremely slowly and falling on deaf ears. 

So yeah, at this stage of my development, a job is extremely necessary, for my well-being and my finances. A lot of people glorify quitting their jobs to focus entirely on their life purpose, but I would say that it's a very risky move unless you are absolutely certain you can survive, both mentally and financially. 

Quite paradoxically, I am sometimes more productive while working a full time job, than I was when I wasn't working at all... 

6 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

What does deliberate, focused practice look like when you're creating?

Cut off distractions as much as possible and focus on letting your creative imagination guide the creation process as directly as possible.

Kinda hard for me to do, actually. My mind wanders off a lot.

On 6/23/2019 at 2:28 AM, carlowillo said:

@Brandon Nankivell I’ve seen a fair few of your videos too man! I also liked your bonus input on the Video Breakthrough Academy course from Clark.

If you’ve got the time bro I’d really appreciate it if you checked out one of my videos and gave me some feedback! I’m looking to make this a career eventually, so would be great to get some input from someone who’s already gone through the process.

Keep doing what you’re doing man!

If you've gone through VBA then you have all the knowledge you need right now. The effort you've put into making an engaging video is fantastic. Make more. Stay consistent. You got this.

@carlowillo Great! Keep going for sure!

I've done some recipe videos before and just travel clips for myself.
It was good practice but nothing that really excited me.
Lately, I've been dabbling with the idea of reviewing books. I love books and whenever I watch book reviews I always find that there's something missing, like I want to know things about the book no one ever talks about. Lots of ideas coming in when it comes to that.
It always takes me some time to think about those things though before actually doing them. (That's a lie. It takes me forever. And after perfectly planning them out in my head, I never end up doing it. It's a problem. It also doesn't help that I'm a bit camera shy. Damn it!)

I just started out. These are my most recent, tomorrow a new video will come out which is part of my positive psychology series. You probably will similarities with Leo's video's off course he was a huge influence :D. I don't want to an Actualized.org rip of, so I will see how I can make my video's more unique. The most important thing to me now is just starting. Currently I try to differentiate my self based on my thumbnails. I don't really have a budget as I'm a student with a loan, so this is the best I can do for now. I really like talking about things related to psychology and personal development so I took my courage to put myself out there and just do it. I hope to become more competent this way and spend my time on a new productive hobby while also helping other people.

The above is the most recent until tomorrow. One life aspect that I changed completely since I was 17 is my diet and I feel lucky to have this pretty much under my control. I lived mainly vegetarian for 3 years now, so I feel pretty competent to talk about going vegetarian. There will be a second video where I talk about the roadblocks new vegetarians have to deal with.

The second video here is exercise #1 in a series of habits/exercises that you can undertake to improve your well being. Until now all my videos are very practical and all is based on experience.

I'm looking forward to how this will turn out when I graduate. It was honestly quite scary to show my face to the world. A lot of people I know are aware of Prime Dynamics existence and as you can hear English is my second language. This last year I really extended my ability to be courageous and now I want to help people to find their inner guide towards a richer life. 

If you survived reading this and if you watched my video's, thx :D

O yeah btw I like channels like Leo's and other because they feel more personal when you see them talking. That's why I decide to do that too.

I recently started a channel as a fun way to express my thoughts about what I've learned along my path and hopefully help others who are struggling with similar stuff I've been through. 

It was super cool to hike up a mountain nearby and be alone in nature. I just started speaking from my heart as opposed to try and script or structure what I want to say (which I've attempted in the past). Leo was a huge inspiration for me even attempting doing videos in this way. And so I apologize in advance if any of Leo's style comes across in the videos (I noticed it myself). I'm still trying to find my voice/style and at the moment I'm probably borrowing here and there from the many teachers along my path.

Anyway here is a video I made on meditation: 

Just gonna put this right here....

Evolutionary Psychology, Success, and Freedom.

Book reviews, Motivational Videos. Podcast Guests.

Would love to interview Leo one day. Maybe he'll entertain it when I hit 10 k haha.

I started making videos for my music a couple weeks ago. I do enjoy it a lot:)

Sailing on the ceiling 

On 7/1/2019 at 8:27 PM, Rigel said:

I started making videos for my music a couple weeks ago. I do enjoy it a lot:)

Woah, that's wonky! I'm new to this genre of music but I must admit you're very talented :)

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

@DivineSoda @Marinus

I love that you guys just threw yourselves into the mix.

Did you have to push through any internal resistance to put out your first video?

It's Love.

@RendHeaven definitely. I had and still have limiting beliefs and fears. 

1. Competence: I have 3 years experience of selfdevelopment and I can't offer high value teachings. 
  2. Speaking English: it's my second language and it doesn't sound great. 
  3. My phone camera sucks. 
  4. I'm afraid people I know criticize me and laugh at me, because they think I suck. 

Al those things aren't really true, but still you have to start somewhere. I said to myself that you better start with a meh video and end up with high quality content. It's about the growth you and your channel make. 

I was really scared for people I know to see and hear me, but almost everyone whom I spoke is very supportive. To overcome this fear you just need to show everyone on your social media that your channel exists. 

Edited by Marinus

@Marinus I have plans to start Youtube as well, but I think my biggest limiting belief is the same as your first:

9 hours ago, Marinus said:

Competence: I have 3 years experience of selfdevelopment and I can't offer high value teachings.

I'm actually at 3 years as well, and I also have this sense of "who would listen to me?"

It's Love.