RendHeaven

YouTubers, Promote Yourselves!

65 posts in this topic

@carlowillo Before I watch this, this video doesn't presume the Big Bang means the creation of everything right? It only describes the expansions of a singularity from already existing matter. (Its a common misconception and when critiquing something I like to at least fully understand what I am critiquing)

Edited by Shadowraix

@carlowillo well done, great video!

hahahahaha. Very down to earth. 

You might want to try being more nuanced in your videos. While I liked it, I wanted a bit more precision in your interpretation of facts. For example:

1. 200 parameters in the context of what? In the context of environmental atmospheric factors? Cosmological factors? 

2. from unconscious to conscious life -> Not quite nuanced enough. Scientists don't see a problem with a hot soup creating life and consciousness. Furthermore they don't even know what consciousness is.

3. its not correct to say that scientists have not detected dark energy. They have indirectly detected it through postulating the effects of matter that revolve around dark energy. But I do agree with the essence of your message, you just said it in a slightly sloppy way. 

etc.

@electroBeam Thank you man! Yeah, I can definitely agree on hindsight, I just wanted to cram as much info into the video as possible so people got a 'big picture' understanding of the state of science. Sometimes (a lot lol) at the expense of detail. 

1. Both lol

2. What would you suggest instead? The silliness of scientists assuming life was created out of hot soup was the point I was trying to make lol

3. Maybe I'm misinformed on the subject, but it was my understanding that they know where dark matter is, because they assume that their equations are right, and therefore have injected dark matter into exactly the right places for their equations to carry on working. Which means they haven't detected it, they've just assumed it's in these spaces. 

I appreciate the feedback though, and will definitely make them more nuanced in the future. Let me know if you think I'm misunderstanding any of the points you brought up too! I'm always trying to get closer to the truth.

@Shadowraix It does in a sense. But it talks about the problems in cosmology too, so tackles the expansions of a singularity from already existing matter.

From my conversations with your average person (my target audience), people do tend to assume that's what the big bang is referring too.

Please critique the fuck out of my video though haha, always looking to improve my understanding.

Edited by carlowillo

7 hours ago, carlowillo said:

Please critique the fuck out of my video though haha, always looking to improve my understanding.

I meant when critiquing the Big Bang and many scientific ideas I like to get a very nuanced understanding. Many science minded people will throw away your entire argument if you don't stick to the T on what the theory actually states haha. A lot of people misunderstand Big Bang Theory and Evolution Theory 

I'll give it a watch soon though and see if there is anything I could add to it. Based on the first few minutes it looks like a well-crafted video though so kudos to that. Tackling problems with the theories themselves is a good way to get science minded people thinking deeper.

Edited by Shadowraix

5 minutes ago, CuteCornDog said:

Lol, Psych

What does this have to do with your life purpose?

It's Love.

20 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Lol, Psych

What does this have to do with your life purpose?

That is correct. The music is based off the Psych theme song.

As for it relating to my life purpose, I've never really put my life purpose into words. Making the videos I'm going to make are something I've wanted to do for over 10 years now. Since I joined YouTube. It's something I know I'll enjoy doing. That style of video. Not video blogging.

1 hour ago, CuteCornDog said:

As for it relating to my life purpose, I've never really put my life purpose into words. Making the videos I'm going to make are something I've wanted to do for over 10 years now. Since I joined YouTube. It's something I know I'll enjoy doing. That style of video. Not video blogging.

Very interesting. I've been thinking of making a youtube channel in the future as well.

What do you mean by "That style of video?"

It's Love.

15 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

Very interesting. I've been thinking of making a youtube channel in the future as well.

What do you mean by "That style of video?"

It's "OrlandoMovieMakers". Not "OrlandoVideoBloggers".

With my videos, I am sharing the beauty of my country (New Zealand) through music and film. Can't wait to take it world wide! I just hope to inspire more people to go out into nature, to love and protect it. 

26 minutes ago, St Clair said:

With my videos, I am sharing the beauty of my country (New Zealand) through music and film. Can't wait to take it world wide! I just hope to inspire more people to go out into nature, to love and protect it. 

Wow! HOLY SHIT this is so similar to my own life purpose, it's unbelievable.

What helped you decide on the combination of original composition and nature? 

It's Love.

I make instrumental music and post I make instrumental music and post it on YouTube.

Here's my latest demo reel:

I've been creating animated book summaries for the last 4 years. 24 now and still have a bunch to learn.

On 6/21/2019 at 2:57 AM, Extreme Z7 said:

I make instrumental music and post I make instrumental music and post it on YouTube.

Here's my latest demo reel:

Fascinating! I have a massive background in instrumental composition as well. What software do you use to make your music?

It's Love.

39 minutes ago, Brandon Nankivell said:

I've been creating animated book summaries for the last 4 years. 24 now and still have a bunch to learn.

Haha wow I watch your videos quite often. Very cool to find you here!

Out of curiosity, in what ways did you deliberately differentiate yourself from potential competitors when you first started out? I imagine that the likes of Improvement pill, Practical Psychology, and FightMediocrity were (and maybe still are) on you radar.

It's Love.

25 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Haha wow I watch your videos quite often. Very cool to find you here!

Out of curiosity, in what ways did you deliberately differentiate yourself from potential competitors when you first started out? I imagine that the likes of Improvement pill, Practical Psychology, and FightMediocrity were (and maybe still are) on you radar.

Awesome. In the beginning I didn't really. FightMediocrity disappeared so I just got stuck into it as there was a hungry market. I found my style and created branding elements as I went along.

I'm lightly connected with the guys apart from FightMediocrity. We've worked on some great collaborations in the past. They're not on my radar from a competitive standpoint as I don't seem them as competitors.

@Brandon Nankivell I’ve seen a fair few of your videos too man! I also liked your bonus input on the Video Breakthrough Academy course from Clark.

If you’ve got the time bro I’d really appreciate it if you checked out one of my videos and gave me some feedback! I’m looking to make this a career eventually, so would be great to get some input from someone who’s already gone through the process.

Keep doing what you’re doing man!

@flume Thank you! Yeah that one took ages, but it would only take me fraction of the time to make one of that quality again. 

What type of videos were you thinking going of creating?