RendHeaven

YouTubers, Promote Yourselves!

65 posts in this topic

If you've got a YouTube channel, respond with a link!

I'm really interested in seeing what kind of creative things this forum is up to specifically in the field of video.

In order to not violate the "NO SELF PROMOTION" clause in the Guidelines, I want to state that I'm requesting specifically YouTube channels for legitimate research reasons. This thread isn't here for anyone to talk about whatever the heck they do, nor is it here for people to incessantly talk about themselves.

It will also help enormously if you guys can add some context to your YouTube link. For example: What is the channel about? How does it relate to your life purpose? Etc.

I'm making this thread really for personal reasons (I want to see what it looks like when serious self-actualizers post social media content), but I also imagine it's a great way for everyone to give and receive value.

Don't be shy!

It's Love.

Let me know what you think!

Edited by carlowillo

Sure. I have it in my signature bar.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

6 hours ago, Emerald said:

Sure. I have it in my signature bar.

Yes, you're a big fish aren't ya :P I've been following you for awhile now!

It's Love.

9 hours ago, carlowillo said:

Let me know what you think!

Brilliant. The first half showing the ridiculousness of materialism is especially strong. However, I think in the last half you jumped too quick on nonduality.

You should get a channel banner!

It's Love.

Mine is mostly about renewable energy, refrigeration and electric cars. It was my life purpose to grow my channel and maybe make a living from it but I can't see that happening.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCocJ2fsj_3kc1QEfOIpPi0g

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@RendHeaven Thanks man! Yeah in hindsight I definitely was too keen to bring in spirituality haha. 

Yeah, I will get one made before my next video, got a good idea for the logo too. This channel is my Life Purpose so a lot more content is coming.

I eventually want to have my channel be like Kurzgesagt in terms of quality, but with more personality/humour, and with science that's not outdated af lol. I figure that's the best way to get people to question their current paradigms of thinking, and accept new ideas. Video essay mastery here I come.

I'm even thinking of doing videos calling out Kurzgesagt, because their videos are so fcking one-sided. He essentially just plays to the scientific narrative of the average reddit user (stage orange), he then acts like he's all fair and balanced by including counter-arguments. But he only picks counter arguments that support his original narrative. A huge amount of content is straight up outdated, dogmatic science. His recent video called "Origins of Consciousness' just makes the assumption that consciousness is produced from matter, and even then only speculates as to how. But just because they have high-quality videos with good animation, people take it as gospel lol.

10 hours ago, Shaun said:

Mine is mostly about renewable energy, refrigeration and electric cars. It was my life purpose to grow my channel and maybe make a living from it but I can't see that happening.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCocJ2fsj_3kc1QEfOIpPi0g

Aw, is it a lack of audience that's deterred you?

Are you pursuing something different and new now or are you back at square 1?

It's Love.

7 hours ago, carlowillo said:

1) Video essay mastery here I come.

2 His recent video called "Origins of Consciousness' just makes the assumption that consciousness is produced from matter, and even then only speculates as to how.

1) Have you thought of how monetization might work in your field? I also worry that your upload rate might be too slow since your videos actually have effort in them. Apparently, it's recommended that you get out a video per week to gather an active audience.

I'm sure you've thought of this stuff, are you willing to share? :D

2) Yeah I just watched it. So professional looking yet so ignorant, it's actually brilliantly bad!

It's Love.

@RendHeaven I'm only now starting to dedicate a lot of time to the channel, so my upload rate will increase in the future. I think you could get away with once every 2-4 weeks if you have great content. I think that even might be the best way to go now tbh, the YouTube market is so saturated that unless your content is a Purple Cow then it will just get ignored, no matter how much you upload.  

I plan on doing a lot more environmentally motivated videos too, so I could see those getting lots of traffic if executed correctly.

Yeah, Patreon seems like a great source for video essay creators. People tend to be more willing to pledge to channels that make high-quality content. 

I'll most likely make a video essay course too when I get enough traffic. Hopefully get sponsors like Skillshare, Gaia and Curiosity stream.

I'm honestly just banking on making great quality content and then using Quora, YouTube comments and Reddit to spread the word.

My channel is essentially debunking the mainstream, stage orange narrative on a lot of subjects (science, culture, religion etc) then introducing stage green ideas to replace them. I just have a feeling that a lot of people are very ready for these new ideas, especially if I can find an entertaining way of communicating them. Because people are very quickly realizing the world isn't what they were taught it to be. We'll see anyway! lol

Render quality came out horrid, but i still think it's funny.

@carlowillo Wow, very well thought out. I think you're right on point. How many hours a day do you spend on working on your channel?

It's Love.

3 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

Aw, is it a lack of audience that's deterred you?

Are you pursuing something different and new now or are you back at square 1?

It's due to an enormous lack of motivation after going deeper into nonduality. No matter what way I look at it, I just can't see any point in pouring effort into anything now. All I want to do is just mindfully do nothing.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

7 minutes ago, Omni said:

Render quality came out horrid, but i still think it's funny.

Haha that's hilarious!

Does this have anything to do with your life purpose, or is it just for fun :)

It's Love.

2 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Haha that's hilarious!

Does this have anything to do with your life purpose, or is it just for fun :)

Just for fun, i find there's a lot of content you can use to manipulate what leo says, so easy infact i'm surprised people don't attack him based on select clips that don't give the entire context. So i figure why not blend some for some light humor haha.

1 minute ago, Shaun said:

It's due to an enormous lack of motivation after going deeper into nonduality. No matter what way I look at it, I just can't see any point in pouring effort into anything now. All I want to do is just mindfully do nothing.

Well the bills are gonna have to be payed one way or another (given that survival is important to you :ph34r:)

It's Love.

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Just for fun, i find there's a lot of content you can use to manipulate what leo says, so easy infact i'm surprised people don't attack him based on select clips that don't give the entire context. So i figure why not blend some for some light humor haha.

"Black ppl are full of shit"

-Leo Gura

B|

It's Love.

@Omni Hahaha, that's hilarious. I've been tempted to do a MuchDank style supercut of Leo before.

@RendHeaven Honestly, I've been backsliding a lot over the past few months. So not much at all.

But I am getting back on track now, and I am planning on spending at least 6-7 hours a day on writing, video making etc.

I reckon in a years time I will be able to produce a high quality 10-12 minute video in 2 weeks. As soon as I start getting the income I'm going to invest it straight back into the channel (editors, better equipment etc) to help it grow.

19 minutes ago, carlowillo said:

@Omni Hahaha, that's hilarious. I've been tempted to do a MuchDank style supercut of Leo before.

give into the temptation, the more that kinda stuff happens, the more widespread Leo's teachings become. And oh boy i'm not gonna lie the devilish ego in me can't wait to see what happens when he surfaces. There will be one of the most glorious collective ego backlashes we've likely seen in a long time - and that's a sight truly worth living for, no pun intended. ;)