Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neorez

Direct experience/ relativity

64 posts in this topic

So I've been listening to Leo's newest video about relativity. In this video he states that having the direct experience can be false and that there is more to reality (ofcourse). Yet when doing spirituality, direct experience is taken as truth and all ideas as just projections or mind stuff. So why should we trust direct experience? I know there must be more to it and I have tried explaining direct experience to people but is the thing I can't seem to explain or wrap my head around? 

@Neorez Direct experience puts you in the here in the now and it allows you to be in the present moment. Whether you're investigating the Relative or the Absolute, it can be used for both. However, the Relative being the illusion, direct experience can be rendered false from the Absolute perspective.

You can look at the pipe and still attach labels to it as being an object, heavy/light, big/small, brown/black, etc. This is your direct experience of the 'pipe' from the Relative perspective.

But you can also see the same 'pipe' as manifestation of the formless. And in that case all the previous labels would fall away and all you have is just what is, pure Being.

"This is not a pipe" - Rene Magritte

This is not a pipe.jpg

@Neorez he's not talking about direct experience in terms of the Absolute there.  I think you are thinking of Absolute Truth with a capital T there.  That is when you become the Absolute via mystical experience.  That's something different which he will touch on in later episodes.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

There is nothing but direct experience, so you have no other other but to trust it.

Name one thing which isn't in your direct experience? You cannot.

The problem is how you are misinterpreting your experience with egoic distortions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Neorez said:

So I've been listening to Leo's newest video about relativity. In this video he states that having the direct experience can be false and that there is more to reality (ofcourse). Yet when doing spirituality, direct experience is taken as truth and all ideas as just projections or mind stuff. So why should we trust direct experience? I know there must be more to it and I have tried explaining direct experience to people but is the thing I can't seem to explain or wrap my head around? 

There is nothing to reality, it is you. 

A thought arises, of which the content implies there is some thing to reality. 

In your direct experience, is an appearance a thought arose. 

However, in believing the content of the thought, you identify in some way with it, and or relative to it. (Thought is ‘hot’, “I likey, I must be hot too”, or, “that’s hot, I no likey, I must be cold”. More thoughts arise, relative to the identity you created in thought. More identity created. More thoughts arise in accordance. With repetition, you create beliefs. In identifying with the beliefs, you create an even deeper appearing identity. Believing you are this identity, you are compelled to defend the beliefs & identity you’ve apparently put all this time & work into. Little by little, veils are created, and reality is no longer directly experience as reality (you), but through the self created, self imposed veil of a “separate identity” “experiencing reality” (as if not-you). 

Eventually, a thought arises, of which the content is, in return, relative to the true nature of direct experience. 

And you would swear the question is coming from an actual separate entity in your own actual direct experience. 

And you would swear the question is being asked to an actual separate entity in your own direct experience. 

But there is nothing to reality, it is you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

8 hours ago, Neorez said:

Yet when doing spirituality, direct experience is taken as truth and all ideas as just projections or mind stuff. So why should we trust direct experience?

All that is known, or could ever be known, is experience. (Or in other words, experience is all that can be known.) Struggle as we may with the implications of this statement, experience itself must be the test of reality. If we do not take experience as the test of reality, belief will be the only alternative.

I think he might of been referring to the section of the episode referring to your direct experience on earth and it appearing that you are not moving while the earth is spinning but relative to you you're standing still.  So he was conflating that direct experience (the relative )with the Absolute.

Aint no mistaking the Absolute.  You become it.  You ARE it.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

This direct experience is God, experienceing itself as an individual looking through all eyes. It’s exchellent. All is One preting to many. It couldn't be othwewise. Duality couldn' be othewisw. It's all divine plan, done with perfection. The ego is Perfect, for else it wouldn't exist.

@Inliytened1 I was indeed talking about the part about the earth spinning or being flat. I've never had an experience of the absolute so it still unclear to me. I'll trust the process and move along. 

@Neorez

I wouldn't say direct experience is everything. But I would say that the present moment is everything.

Direct experience has an opposite which is belief, and they're somehow one and the same. Faith is what makes them true.

The present moment has no opposite, and therefore is Absolute.

On 6/18/2019 at 0:24 AM, Nahm said:

Eventually, a thought arises, of which the content is, in return, relative to the true nature of direct experience. 

And you would swear the question is coming from an actual separate entity in your own actual direct experience. 

And you would swear the question is being asked to an actual separate entity in your own direct experience. 

But there is nothing to reality, it is you. 

This part I don't seem to understand. Could you clarify this a bit more if possible?

@Neorez

Now look into what you just experienced. What appeared to happen, and what actually happened?

What can you say, with absolute certainty, you know about what you just experienced?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I experienced reading your words and hearing them internally and then having an image pop up from a stop sign. In which I can see that it is red and white