Stenne

Less ego = more pesonality

15 posts in this topic

I heard leo ones said in one of his video's that less ego is more personality. How is that thrue?

Ego is basically a belief structure, which in general are static and rigid. Less ego allows the flow of spontaneity and creativity.

@Stenne When you are being most fully yourself, you are not being self-conscious. You are actually acting without egoic calculations in the moment. You are not thinking. In fact there isn't even a self in the moment. Which is why it feels so good. But these moment are rare because mostly you're thinking and calculating so much.

Think of a moment when you are laughing hard with friends. In that moment the ego is absent. In that moment your personality shines the most.

"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When you are being most fully yourself, you are not being self-conscious.

When you are being fully yourself, you are aligned with God?

Edited by CreamCat

@Leo Gura will meditation help me to create more of this moments? :)

But I have had problems with being absolutely egoless and free.
I was very care free, wouldn't care about about my ego. I would laugh out loud, say whatever I wanted to say, which was in line with my authentic self, not caring  about the way other people thought.
So I used to talk about spirituality, self help, religion, things which were completely foreign to my friends.
And I would get judged. If I talked about religion, they would think I am an expert in religion , I am a  guru, and use it to make fun of me.
Yes, I was being authentic, but that didn't work.
So when I have to talk with orange/ red friends, I will have to use their way of thinking to interact with them, I will have to make sure my ego is not hurt by revealing my authentic self. I will have  to project my self that will be accepted by them, or will at least be sensible to them. 

Yes, I could project my authentic self all day long, but all that is going to do is they thinking I am weird, not respecting me, and there will be no common ground to interact with them. 

Everything you think about who you are is almost like faithfully following a religion blindly because that's all you've ever known.

I journaled on this after I read your post because it resonates with something I was thinking about--- Lisa Nichols says (sloppily quoting from memory), 

"Most people get stuck being who they've always been, which stops them from being who they want to become."

Ego IS who you have been conditioned to believe you are and without question. The ego/beliefs about who you are basically dictate your life and every expression. 

Leo mentioned this yesterday in that video when he talked about belief systems being you.

Did you watch that? 

He also has a good video on self image, maybe you can watch that too.

Great question.

@Ibn Sina those are all beliefs.

Being authentic many times comes with a price. Sometimes even death or being burned at the stake.

Pick your poison.

Being fake and getting ridiculed or stuffing down and feeling shit and dying a slow death.

Maybe watch practice "not caring" or watch Leo's video on not caring a few or ten times.

@Ibn Sina @Karla It could just be a matter of surrounding yourself with the right people. If you're being authentic some people simply won't accept you. And when you have to deal with such people, moderation can be appropiate in order to save yourself the hassle of social scrutiny. Going against the stream can be very draining.

@Ibn Sina to me this sounds like you’re not self conscious but are authentically ego, not egoless 

ive done similar, it is a confused state and will soon pass 

@DrewNows I get what you say and yeah,,, me too.

On the other hand@Ibn Sina  sees through the phenomena of his friends projections and the complications that brings. There is some pretty good awareness in that.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

5 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

@DrewNows I get what you say and yeah,,, me too.

On the other hand@Ibn Sina  sees through the phenomena of his friends projections and the complications that brings. There is some pretty good awareness in that.

👍🙏

Posted (edited)

@DrewNows Yes, you are right but I was also not saying that I was egoless  in the strictly spiritual sense.

Stenne asked, what having less ego= more personality means, I read Leo's answer- When you are being most fully yourself, you are not being self-conscious. You are actually acting without egoic calculations in the moment. 
Think of a moment when you are laughing hard with friends. In that moment the ego is absent. 

And from that perspective I was saying I am egoless. 

I laughed hard , I was care free, and Leo says in that moment ego is absent. 

But when they judged me, there is the reformation of the ego! I stopped laughing hard, I got more calculating. I stopped becoming a silly person giving out materials for them to make fun of me.

So that wouldn't mean I had no ego like an enlightened being doesn't have an ego, I had like an egoless, authentic personality (which I still do have with people that I love and trust, like my family, close friends), but the ego is still their inside me which surfaced when they made me conscious, before that I was not self conscious (Leo says- When you are being most fully yourself, you are not being self-conscious)

It's like, my ego was sleeping when they didn't do anything against my ego, but as soon as they did, my ego woke up! and I featured all the signs of having an ego like, calculating, what would they think etc etc, which I didn't previously.

Edited by Ibn Sina

and let's make another interpretation here:

if you have less EGO, you can make more personality of what you think it would be beneficial for ya

for instance, being aware of your own system of thinking, lessens the EGO, and then you modify your behaviors, shake a few habits and then a New EGO comes up. then if you want more expanded personality, then you should numb down/silence the EGO to make a new alteration in your persona.

19 hours ago, Stenne said:

@Leo Gura will meditation help me to create more of this moments? :)

Maybe, if you meditate well and then carry your meditation into everyday life rather than just doing it on the cushion.

"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi