DivineSoda

How do you view other "normal" people in the world?

30 posts in this topic

I'm curious about people's perspectives here on "normal", "everyday", "un-enlightened" people.. and I don't mean to say it as if one is superior to the other, but basically the majority of people out there who don't put the effort into expanding their consciousness, don't care about "inner-work" and are largely living from their ego's, entrenched in materialism. 

If you are one who has done the inner work, how do you now view them? How do you interact and converse with them? In what ways has your own growth caused you to re-evaluate your past fears around social anxiety, or your own sense of self-confidence around others? What degrees of toxicity in others do you tolerate, and what do you completely avoid? How would you describe your sense of unconditional compassion/empathy for others? Even the assholes/dicks/judgey ones? Most importantly, can you describe the ways in which you now feel empowered, self-confident, and unwavering around others? Regardless of who they are?

For me, I'm realizing that I'm still stuck in my old paradigm where other people have the power to intimidate me or have an impact on my internal psyche in a way that is beyond my control. Like who I am and the way I behave is not fully grounded and is still malleable depending on who I'm interacting with or surrounded by. When this occurs in the moment, I can't help but feel degrees of fear, or anxiety, or a lack of self-worth as I'm self-aware of my own inability to fully own who it is that I am. 

Right now I'm working a temp job while I figure out my next steps, and I'm interacting with a lot of different customers from all walks of life. I am not the same person in my interactions from customer to customer. It's like I'm doing this constant shape-shifting of my personality depending on how my mind is perceiving the other person to be. If they are high energy and light hearted, I open up with them. If they are grumpy and short tempered, I feel anxiety instead of staying exactly who I am and maintaining that sense until the interaction is over. 

So anyway.. can anyone relate? If so, was there a moment where you were finally able to transcend this and just feel good in your own skin as you walk the Earth?

Not as mercifull as before. 

Being humble has it's limits. And that limit is whe one is attacked energerically by others Ego. Then in a special situation the Ego in cause who attacked has his tongue be cutted by the awakened being.

This will create balance. But if i respond with the Ego. Meaning i'm projecting the same as him, only the head and plexus, then a fight can arise and is dangerous.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

In general, I feel like I can relate to them even more than I used to. Of course, I am in many ways very different. But still, I see different parts in them that I'm aware also exists within me, and that is very endearing to see.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

They no longer bother me as much if I put my awareness into letting go. And letting what is be. There is use of activism but misplaced activism can be counter productive 

@DivineSoda Everyone and everything is made out of True Nature. Everyone and everything is True Nature itself. Enlightenment doesn't make you something else. Enlightenment is Reality becoming aware of the fabric of Reality.

When you look at someone's eye, you're staring at the core of the Universe. If you're not experiencing an agitated mind, almost any conversation can feel amazing. Even the most mundane things like talking about the weather. Nobody is special and everyone is special.

Discipline the mind and learn how to listen to people. The barriers between "you" and "others" will start to dissolve pretty quickly if you do that.

unborn Truth

8 hours ago, DivineSoda said:

If you are one who has done the inner work, how do you now view them?

Hi! Firstly, I view them the same as I view people who do self development. How "Everyday" people talk to you or behave is a reflection of their own world and has little to nothing to do with yourself. At the same time, how you react back to them reflects your inner world.

How do you interact and converse with them?

I live in a big city so mostly I dont interact with them. Otherwise respectful but at the same time not needing validation from them. 

In what ways has your own growth caused you to re-evaluate your past fears around social anxiety, or your own sense of self-confidence around others?

Its not so much re-evaluation as it is overcoming fear and being ok with the present moment. Being in the now. Dont indulge in horror fantasies! I re-evaluated my beliefs about my image and what people think about me. Change the story in your head. See it like this, when you are at home alone you dont feel social anxiety and you feel confident. Now when you are with others there is nothing you need to change. See your baseline is already up there. All you need to do is simply not to panick and relax. Become present will help. This video will help!

What degrees of toxicity in others do you tolerate, and what do you completely avoid?

Depends. Im quite tolerant because Im so arrogant I think I can deal with everything. If I feel that something triggers me I want more of it. So I tolerate that behaviour. Friends/Family that I know for years, I am very tolerant. Strangers on the street or people I just met not so much. I usually dont talk to people if Im not interested or if I dont have time.

How would you describe your sense of unconditional compassion/empathy for others? Even the assholes/dicks/judgey ones?

For me its not so much that but more like understanding. I can understand everyone. I can understand that I would be the same if I would be born to the same parents, lived the same life, had the same friends, values etc.

Most importantly, can you describe the ways in which you now feel empowered, self-confident, and unwavering around others? Regardless of who they are?

The ways I feel that is by not needing validation from them. Not needing to control the interaction and not needing to be confident or protected in any way. So accepting everything that happens. And be chill with the situation. Relaxing the body.

Top book for dealing with customers, authorities and people you have to talk to in your daily life,

How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie

If anything, it makes me aware of the more awake aspects and nature of other people. I can see now that life was always going on around me, and there were and are many aspects of it I wasn't aware enough to be open to that are now revealing themselves to me. Other people are variously awake and asleep, just as I have been. They just maybe didn't need all this vocabulary to understand it like I did, they just were it.

Still, I want to continue to shape my life to be less at the mercy of those who would play some egoic game with me against my will.

19 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

I view them like they are asleep.

Same. Watching people go through their little dramas and yell back and forth at each other about politics feels like a dream that I woke up from. But at the same time, I don't judge any of them, nor do I feel superior to them. I wish I could help them, but I don't know what to say to them. So I usually don't talk to them.

Leo taught me to see us all as chimps.
I am just a self-aware chimp.

On 17 June 2019 at 3:36 AM, DivineSoda said:

If you are one who has done the inner work, how do you now view them? How do you interact and converse with them? In what ways has your own growth caused you to re-evaluate your past fears around social anxiety, or your own sense of self-confidence around others? What degrees of toxicity in others do you tolerate, and what do you completely avoid? How would you describe your sense of unconditional compassion/empathy for others? Even the assholes/dicks/judgey ones? Most importantly, can you describe the ways in which you now feel empowered, self-confident, and unwavering around others? Regardless of who they are?

I would say that you should deal with people consistently. Show them all the same amount of compassion and empathy and whatever other values you hold. You must be authentic so you can don't create any internal conflict.  Should someone cross your line id suggest saying so. If you have little empathy turn and leave. 

One

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

I think they are a bit blind about how the world works, and how they think their problems come from their inside and not from outside.

But I don't judge them negatively, because I know that I am only a small step above them.

Even if I know that my problems come from inside, I am shaked by outside events almost as much as anyone.

And still I have a lot of flaws where I'm less than average.

Edited by Sick Boy

To be completely honest, I feel a bit superior to them. I don't want to be like that, and I don't verbalize, thus it is a feeling

On 16.6.2019 at 7:36 PM, DivineSoda said:

Right now I'm working a temp job while I figure out my next steps, and I'm interacting with a lot of different customers from all walks of life. I am not the same person in my interactions from customer to customer. It's like I'm doing this constant shape-shifting of my personality depending on how my mind is perceiving the other person to be. If they are high energy and light hearted, I open up with them. If they are grumpy and short tempered, I feel anxiety instead of staying exactly who I am and maintaining that sense until the interaction is over. 

Have you ever heard of "Highly Sensitive People" or "Empaths"? This mirroring of others and almost "missing" of a self is a common trait of those people (including myself).

On 6/16/2019 at 8:07 PM, Arcangelo said:

I view them like they are asleep.

This was the case for so long for me too. This causes all sorts of problems.

I've tried talking about metaphysics and spirituality with a friend of mine who is a scientist and skeptic. Open minded enough to listen to me and question my ideas. Oh man... if you think you are spiritual, sit down with an open materialist and try confronting his projections. In my case, this has showed me how much of my spirituality is conceptual and that I am basically bullshitting myself. Also, made me realize that there is no difference in what you are pursuing. What matters is your expectations, attitude and open mindedness.

@DivineSoda  I try to interact with others with intense concentration and compassion, no matter who they are. 

I feel that I have progressed absurdly in the last two years. But it's complicated because at the same time I feel extremely lonely.

I've gone from several parties with friends to work on my problems and I keep doing this. Even with good results, it is difficult and practically impossible not to feel alone (in my perspective).

This kind of thing takes a lot, a lot of patience and effort. But I feel stronger and more conscious in spite of everything.

I still can not give love to everyone around me, but at least I do not hate anyone nowadays. I have judged people with a much lower frequency compared to the period before self development maybe I'm close to my first experience of  enlightenment. 

I do not remember if Leo made any video about dealing with loneliness during personal development, I would like to watch.