Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Don

What exactly is creativity?

14 posts in this topic

Hello.

As I'm building my existential vocabulary, I wanted to ask: WHAT EXACTLY IS CREATIVITY?

I would like to know your own perspective on this concept, called creativity.

For me, creativity means to be able to come up with a useful, original idea which can be turned into reality.

Or, to have the ability to solve problems in a unique way.

Or, using your imagination to invent something new and useful to others.

How about you?

What dose it mean for you to be creative? :)

Me on the road less traveled.

to me creativity just mean the result of some kind of practice. 

Creativity is legitimately everything. I mean just think about it, it takes an absolute genius to construct such an existence and everything that inhabits it.

Yeah.

Creativity is the ability to transcend a useful, original idea into reality.

8 minutes ago, Omni said:

Creativity is legitimately everything. I mean just think about it, it takes an absolute genius to construct such an existence and everything that inhabits it.

I agree. Reality is God's creativity. It takes something that's beyond comprehension to create such a magnificent reality.

- Creativity is the mental faculty by which the mind forms new ideas by combining other ideas.
- Creativity is the power that God possesses by which the entire world and the infinite phenomena and objects within it come into being.

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

Creativity is the practical application of madness.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

12 minutes ago, Commodent said:

The desire to create.

Nailed it. Has everything to do with creation. We create in our minds effortlessly then manipulate reality to display our creation. 

Our ability to create is finite for we are a finite form, and the more finite we add the more our power to create as a society increases. As if we work as one cohesive unit. 

Creativity relies on imagination. Our ability to mix and match until it becomes something entirely unique. 

God creates life which ultimately desires to play God. To realize it's true nature. 

What an amazing question! Be creative in your answers ;)

Creativity is spontaneous magic.

unborn Truth

Creativity is that you're having sex with something and you get a baby from it! THAT'S ALL!

for instance, let's assume, somebody is interested is physics, he is so immersed in it that he becomes one with it (it's like he's having sex with physics) and the baby is a new creative idea in physics field. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@The Don loving this thread.

For me, Creativity is about intuition, the voice. Not the monkey mind, but being. I've found the more meditation I do the more creative I become.

The more you quiet the mind the more the creativity unfolds. Creativity can also come from emotional turmoil, inner struggle and living life on the line. Almost as if you have nothing left, but this. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

It is this feeling that you have to make something, that energy that is pushing you to do it. It is in a way making without thinking (but maybe depends on a discipline), it is like you have nothing to do with it - you are not doing it, you are a piece of it that is manifesting the new.