Toan

Lucid dreaming aide (answers please!)

27 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, fridjonk said:

@Inliytened1  

Also possibly one of the best pros of lucid dreaming is when you can be aware that you are sleeping, BUT NO DREAMING. It's the ultimate meditation:D

Any resources on how to do this?

I have them. There is indeed a plant that I know for induce/start developing an habit for lucid dreaming: Kratom.

I started having lucid dreaming because of using Kratom. Just take a relaxing strain at night, be sure you go to sleep while you are still on the substance effects.

However, I wouldn't recommend it. I think it's " a pain in the ass " because usually if you lucid dreaming is because you remember your dreams, and if you remember your dreams and most of them are tiring and stressing your sleep rest will be very poor. Is what happens to me, and I hate it.

On 17. 6. 2019 at 7:11 AM, elsde said:

@Arhattobe I have to disagree. If you know how to stabilise and also supplements can make the lucid dreams more vivid than physical reality. Lucid dreaming goes very deep and can be used to dissolve the ego and become god.

@elsde ...could you elaborate on how to stabilise? My issue is, that I keep "falling out" of the lucid dream as soon as I start to manipulate it somehow.

...and I also would be grateful for any other recommendations or insights which the classic "how-to" guides don't contain

I am able to induce it by meditation as I am going to bed. I at first enter this half awake and dream state and slowly descend into the dream yet maintain awareness. And even if I am not aware I'm dreaming at first I quickly realize I am not where I last remember and connect the dots. 

I once had a lucid dream where I tried to convinc everyone that we are all in a dream and I created everyone. Boy did that give me a laugh! 

I agree lucid dreams can get stupid sometimes. I like to use crystals to help me guide the way during lucid dreaming now.

It used to be so ridiculous in the beginning! Lucid dreaming has since then helped me with karmic therapy and dream recall too.

3 hours ago, Zul said:

...and I also would be grateful for any other recommendations or insights which the classic "how-to" guides don't contain

what would you like to know? Might be more helpful if  I knew where you are in your practice and what issues you are having. 

as far as stabilization techniques, rubbing your hands together works really well. Also, you can continue to do a quick reality check, mine is counting my fingers but that can get distracting. Holding your nose and breathing is a quick one that won't take your eyes off the rest of the dream, so it will be less distracting.  Also, some find that saying out loud to the dream "clarity now" or "stabilize!" will instantly stabilize the dream. Clapping your hands together while doing this helps too.  

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Toan  Put a strong nicotine patch on your arm right before bed and you will have the most insane dreams ever - "like renting an action movie for dreams"