Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John West

Sadhguru and the remembering body

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I heard a talk from Sadhguru where he talked about how the body remembers the physical touch with other people (sexually) and you get into trouble when you "change your partner every weekend".

I'm now in a little inner conflict, because on the one hand, I want to experience sex and stuff like deeper relationships with (in my case) women, on the other hand, it is not as important as consciousness work etc. for me. I feel like it's not a problem for me to have just one partner and be with her for the rest of my life, but obviously breakup might happen and I cant completely control that and it might happen that I need to have multiple partners until I find one that fits. Now do you think thats a problem? Like having sex and relationships with multiple partners (succesively, not at the same time) without huge problems later on as a consequence?

PS: I'm 18

@John West  When you have multiple partners, you show all of them different faces and this makes your ego branch out into multiple directions. It is also necessary for you to lie to handle this kind of harem, given that at least one of the women is not aware of the other ones.

8 hours ago, John West said:

Hey guys,

I heard a talk from Sadhguru where he talked about how the body remembers the physical touch with other people (sexually) and you get into trouble when you "change your partner every weekend".

I'm now in a little inner conflict, because on the one hand, I want to experience sex and stuff like deeper relationships with (in my case) women, on the other hand, it is not as important as consciousness work etc. for me. I feel like it's not a problem for me to have just one partner and be with her for the rest of my life, but obviously breakup might happen and I cant completely control that and it might happen that I need to have multiple partners until I find one that fits. Now do you think thats a problem? Like having sex and relationships with multiple partners (succesively, not at the same time) without huge problems later on as a consequence?

PS: I'm 18

I wouldn't worry too much about this... especially since Sadhguru's advice seems to advise more against casual hook-ups every weekend as opposed to the figuring things out and changing partners over time. And there is a practical (not a moral) reason for this.

I think it would be quite paralyzing and harmful to set yourself to an impossible standard for fear of what it might do to you spiritually. Like, you seem afraid of being forever marked by your sexual choices. And it feels a bit similar to very puritanical notions about sexuality as leading to a loss in personal value of some kind.

But the thing is, life happens and we can't always guarantee that our relationships will work out. And you don't want to constrict your natural drives to such a degree that life can't happen to you.

So, you can expect that you may have a few sexual partners over the course of time... perhaps more than a few. But don't think that this permanently stains you in some way. 

The reason why Sadhguru talks about this more in an energetic way. So, if you're sleeping around, you're mingling very closely with the energy of another. And the energy mixes with your own. And it confuses the system. So, it's not good for spiritual practice to also be in the practice of changing sexual partners every weekend. But this effect doesn't last. Energy is mutable.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org