Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

My LP did a 180 degree - any similar experiences?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

For the last 3 years, I have been developing myself to be a world class expert in artificial intelligence. My plan was to be a leading AI researcher at my company. I was aiming for this because research is the sort of thing I like doing. I find the brain and existential intelligence absolutely fascinating, and I love expanding my perspective, changing paradigms, etc. So research + AI seemed like the most thrilling thing I could have done.

I have been working extremely hard to actualize this vision. I've made a company that is an AI startup and its almost about to get revenue. I've worked part time while doing this at a highly advanced AI company. I've done lots of research in AI, I've developed my own algorithms which has given both my company and other companies heaps of money. I quit university because I knew that without the dogma of university I could produce products and technology that are much higher yield, this was very hard to do because my parents disapproved of it, but through pretending to be better than I am to other companies, through doing work that is demonstrably high yield, through doing a lot of online courses and critical thinking, developed myself to be a scientist without formal university training. 

But at the same time, the thing that's most important to me is doing something I love, rather something that will make me successful.

So I had a recent experience, long story short its changed my entire view of reality dramatically. My admiration and curiosity for AI has just completely dropped. My desire to be a world class AI expert has also completely dropped. I thought I would wait a few days to see if this was just a phase I was going through - its not going away and I cannot see it ever coming back. Its like believing in the bible after you have been indoctrinated by atheism.

My passion now lies in something else: planetary sciences, ecology, environment and astronomy(I've always had an interest in these things, they were just secondary). I have a very strong desire to discover the origins of life. My desire for success has just completely dropped. I now want to try DMT and just have experiences that show me where 'home' is. Its all because of this new perspective I have, it just completely makes sense to do this, and now my previous goals just seem totally stupid and low yield/waste of time.

I cannot get rid of this new perspective, and even if I could I don't want to. 

I don't know how to go about this. Has this happened to you? If so could you please describe your experience? The point of this post is just to get some perspective of how experiences like these work, and what to do about them.

Just now, bejapuskas said:

@electroBeam  Maybe you can work on the integration of these fields?

like integrating AI with ecology? 

Did you experience the same thing? If so how did you go about it? What was the outcome?

Your ideas are 20 years ahead from now, just to implement them in real life. progress always go slower than its excpected, so you should base your purpose in sometyhing you colud apply right now.

@electroBeam  Sorry, I haven't really gone through this process myself, but what I've seen and heard about AI is pretty mindblowing, it has so many uses, I bet you could use your knowledge of it in almost any field... Ecology might be one of the harder ones though, it will take a lot of imagination.

@electroBeam What do you think about continuing to work with AI, try psychedelics, work on your new passion in spare time and see how life unfolds after some time?

If you want to answer the question related to your LP I would suggest using LSD rather than 5-Meo-DMT for the beginning.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x