seeking_brilliance

Let's create a unified language for sharing truth

74 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

but such a key might in fact discourage people from doing the work...hahaha

How so? Of course I mean key, as in a decoder for their language.  Using map terms here... (I think, right?) 

Oh and reread the post because I edited it after you quoted it (oh I guess I didn't edit it that much) 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

David Bohm talks about the rheomode in his book Wholeness and the Implicate Order, which is his thought experiment or proposition to use language based only on verbs. The idea is that because reality is in a constant state of flux without any fixed state, this would be a more truthful way to communicate on reality.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, I skimmed the thread pretty loosely.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

5 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

How so? Of course I mean key, as in a decoder for their language.  Using map terms here... (I think, right?) 

Oh and reread the post because I edited it after you quoted it (oh I guess I didn't edit it that much) 

I mean the mind wraps around the conceptual ideas and bypasses the experiences needed to full understand someone's interpretations of insight or wisdom. People begin to operate out of assumptions and presupposed truths which may create even more deconstruction needed to find Truth

4 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

@seeking_brilliance Anything benificial written by me more likely comes from being a spontaneous Idiot rather than Intellegence. Universal heretics embrace spontaneous idiocy and the way of the sly man. Smoke up, friend. ???

IMG_0634.JPG

"stay hungry, stay foolish" steve jobs xD

just now took the time to watch his stanford commencement speech, good stuff! haha 

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

Absolute truth cannot be conveyed.
Conveying the absolute truth would require something to be apart from it, thus proving the truth to be relative.

Actually the opposite, Absolute truth is able to be conveyed, because it is everything.  If it wasn't it couldn't be conveyed because some part of it wouldn't be conveyed because some of it wouldn't be there......

Edited by Mu_

@Mu_ Fool.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 hour ago, outlandish said:

David Bohm talks about the rheomode in his book Wholeness and the Implicate Order, which is his thought experiment or proposition to use language based only on verbs. The idea is that because reality is in a constant state of flux without any fixed state, this would be a more truthful way to communicate on reality.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, I skimmed the thread pretty loosely.

Paul Hedderman says something along the same lines, and I found it interesting to start verbing as a way of inner dialoging and outer dialoguing to the degree it wasn't going to get strange looks.  I can't say for certain what it did, but it made the sticky mind less sticky for what it seemed at the time....

@tsuki @Mu_ please refrain from name-calling. You have been warned.

7 minutes ago, outlandish said:

@tsuki @Mu_ please refrain from name-calling. You have been warned.

Uhhh I don't think he's calling me a fool as an insult, and I know I'm not calling him a sissy as an insult, this is just playful banter......   haha I had to look up what sissy meant again to make sure it was still PC, cause its been 35 years since I used the word....hahaha

Edited by Mu_

Yep. That was uncalled for @outlandish

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki @Mu_ I'm glad you're ok with it, but it's still against forum rules and it degrades the quality of discussion on this forum to have useless banter shouting back and forth. Let's try to raise the bar a bit around here.

Being different - Tao te ching

How much difference between yes and no?
What difference between good and bad?

What the people fear
must be feared.
O desolation!
Not yet, not yet has it reached its limit!

Everybody’s cheerful,
cheerful as if at a party,
or climbing a tower in springtime.
And here I sit unmoved,
clueless, like a child,
a baby too young to smile.

Forlorn, forlorn.
Like a homeless person.
Most people have plenty.
I’m the one that’s poor,
a fool right through.

Ignorant, ignorant.
Most people are so bright.
I’m the one that’s dull.
Most people are so keen.
I don’t have the answers.
Oh, I’m desolate, at sea,
adrift, without harbor.

Everybody has something to do.
I’m the clumsy one, out of place.
I’m the different one,
for my food
is the milk of the mother.