Preetom

'Enlightenment' Totally Mapped Out and Where Psychedelics Might Fall Short

48 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, ElvisN said:

@Preetom Do you seriously think that @Leo Gura would have been able to reach his level of awareness without 5 MeO? 

What makes you think that?

The ''level of awareness'' term never made sense to me, so I better not comment on that loose term.

One thing I try to remind myself before making claim is that all these distinctions and maps are never for the enlightened one; they are only for the normal people(including people faking enlightenment). They are all made by people and consumed by people to make some sense as they are so curious about the ''enlightened state''. 

Take this example. Did Ramana Maharshi run around, arguing with people, reading scriptures and being confused about whether God exists or not; whether there is nothing or everything; whether enlightenment is with or without body; whether there are levels of enlightenment or not; whether there is karma or how to burn karma; whether there is something more to attain and know or not; whether this powder will show god or not; which is the most accurate map/model; what is the best course of action, morality, values etc? No!

It's always the people who are divided and deluded on all these topics. So the ball is on their court.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

5 hours ago, Preetom said:

What you've encountered is the primal signature of ego in the body. That sensory charge IS the ego, energetically speaking. Almost all of our activities, distractions, thoughts, feelings are designed such a way that we are always distracted from discovering it and seeing it as it really is.

Almost all our activities, thoughts and reactions are on behalf of this ego, the false subject. It sustains this entire illusion by the constant primal message that I am inside the body, I am located, I am thinking, acting, doing, I need to secure myself so on and so forth.

This is what needs to be done. The sense of I has to be dis-entangled from this ego sensation once and for all. And by doing that, the 'I' will automatically attune itself to what it really is, pure Awareness/Being. This needs to be seen clearly over and over again until this lifelong habitual tendency to regard a sensation inside the body as 'I' ceases. Contemplate these questions.

1) Is this sensation aware? Is this sensation aware of other sensations, thoughts, sights, sounds?

2) Is this sensation alive? Is it this sensation which is going through life? Did this sensation grew up, got married, had kids, has likes and dislikes, makes decisions?

3) Am I aware of this sensation or is the sensation aware of I?

4) What happens to 'I' when this sensation comes and goes and fluctuates? Do I feel myself coming and going, phasing in and out of existence along with it?

5) How is this sensation related to me in any way? Why do I consider it as me or as a part or me? Why do I regard this insentient, dumb thing as me? Can I exist without it?

Through these precise scrutiny and clear seeing, one's system start waking up from it's own folly. That's all thats needed. And when the extreme energetic charge of me-ness evaporates from that sensation, then it will collapse completely or remain like an insignificant shadow unable to affect you and your life ever again.

I keep tricking myself into thinking it's "my" ego. This sounds really simple and silly in comparison to what you wrote here. I sat to mediate with the windows open and my neighbors were carrying on outside. So the meditation became a unique kind of practice. And somehow I got the insight that it's not my ego.  Focus on the ego being "my" "problem" is my problem. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@ElvisN If reality is Infinity, and it has an infinite amount of parts, then how could it not be possible for some parts to realize they are the whole without 'psychedelics".   There are infinite possibilities.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

When you have no choice or control at all, all you can do is surrender. When the ego is removed, call it grace, When you die and are reborn, call it celebration.

57 minutes ago, Conrad said:

When you have no choice or control at all, all you can do is surrender. When the ego is removed, call it grace, When you die and are reborn, call it celebration.

indeed. The only thing to do is to make oneself a good prey 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

42 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Surely;)

54 minutes ago, Preetom said:

..and this really works. During self inguiry You must to question self existence to such strong level as You only can.

On 6/18/2019 at 11:29 PM, tedens said:

..and this really works. During self inguiry You must to question self existence to such strong level as You only can.

Amen 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''