SQAAD

Important Question About Psychedelic Trips - Are there any projections?

7 posts in this topic

Ok so i was listening to Martin Ball the other day. He was asked if parallel worlds and various deities that people experience while tripping are true or not.

His response was something like that: "It's all projection & ego stuff. But it is NOT your imagination. It's GOD's imagination. The ego confuses it other than itself"

Ok so WTF is that supposed to mean? Is it my imagination or God's imagination after all?

And isn't it everything God's  imagination after all? Isn't physical reality God's imagination?

I'm super confused. Please help me out.

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD

You= God, thus it's God's imagination. The ego likes to take credit for imagining stuff.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

@iTommy Yes but at one part Martin Ball says: "The ego confuses it other than itself."

I don't understand what he means . Seems like a contradiction to me.

Edited by SQAAD

9 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@iTommy Yes but at one part Martin Ball says: "The ego confuses it other than itself."

I don't understand what he means . Seems like a contradiction to me.

Hmm, I think by this he could mean, that your ego-sense of self doesn't see imagination for what it fundamentally is, where it originates from (God), and thinks imagination is something happening to a "you"/ego. It's creating the distinction between a "you" that has/experiences this imagination, and God's imagination, keeping a sense of seperation from the source. The ego doesn't see itself, as imagination.

Edited by iTommy

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

14 hours ago, SQAAD said:

It's all projection & ego stuff. But it is NOT your imagination. It's GOD's imagination. The ego confuses it other than itself

Yes, it's all God's imagination. But you are God, so it's your imagination.

It's not all "ego stuff" any more than you seeing a cat walking down the street is "ego stuff". That's not ego, it's the "world".

Some people who trip can of course do so in a dualistic way, where they might see an alien and assume that this alien is somehow "other" to them. But that alien is just like any other being in "real life". It is BOTH an entity other than you, but also it is you, since all people are you.

If you look at the world dualistically, other people are not you.

If you look at the world nondualistically, other people are all your own projections.

There's really no contradiction. Both are true in a sense.

Of course if you trip with a weak spiritual foundation the ego can co-opt the trips and do a lot of egoic stuff and projecting. So you have to be careful about self-deception. Just like you do in "real life."

But seeing a DMT entity is not ego any more than seeing a cat is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura you've never talked about seeing dmt entities yourself. At least as far as I remember. Is it because you're not aiming for that? Or because 5meo is more “clean“?

Edited by ryuzaki

24 minutes ago, ryuzaki said:

@Leo Gura you've never talked about seeing dmt entities yourself. At least as far as I remember. Is it because you're not aiming for that? Or because 5meo is more “clean“?

5-MeO does not give access to DMT entities.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.