LambChop

I can't feel love anymore...

8 posts in this topic

Hiya guys :)

I recently have gotten together with this guy I had a bit of a crush on for about a month, and we've been having sexual relations ever since. 

But I don't understand. I feel sexually attracted to him, but I don't feel anything toward him. 

This also applies to my friends, family, and other loved ones. I just cant feel connection anymore. I think it started about 9 months ago when my ex dumped me out of the blue. I think subconciously the part of myself that loves said "I've had ENOUGH!" and withdrew into its metaphorical shell, and it hasn't come out ever since.

Sex doesn't even feel good. I feel kinda hollow. And it's like I could watch everyone I love turn away from me and I wouldn't even feel a thing, yknow? It feels twisted and I know this isnt me. Especially since the feminine domain is based in relationships and bonding. I told the guy I'm with that I dont want to be with him yet, even though I know that logically we'd make a really good long-term couple since we have similar values in life and make a good problem-solving team. Its like, why shouldn't I love him? But here we are!

I genuinely dont know where to go from here. I feel like my bond with this man I'm with can grow, but theres a brick wall between me and him. Please help?

@LambChop To me, it sounds like you're bypassing an emotional wound.

We're supposed to profit from broken relationships by becoming wiser and more deeply connected to what we want to do in our lives. But the way that you said it made me think that you're just sweeping it all under the carpet.

If you got into a new relationship after your ex dumped you just to feel less lonely, it's a big red flag. I would have taken a while to breathe and understand who I AM. In fact, that's what I did before I met my wife.

unborn Truth

2 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@LambChop To me, it sounds like you're bypassing an emotional wound.

We're supposed to profit from broken relationships by becoming wiser and more deeply connected to what we want to do in our lives. But the way that you said it made me think that you're just sweeping it all under the carpet.

If you got into a new relationship after your ex dumped you just to feel less lonely, it's a big red flag. I would have taken a while to breathe and understand who I AM. In fact, that's what I did before I met my wife.

What if you never feel love (towards everyone and everything).

As in no memory of it whatsoever, even when you were a child ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

What if you never feel love

As in no memory of it whatsoever, even when you were a child ?

I don't think children are mature enough to feel Love consciously. Personally, I have no memories of feeling Love when I was a child. Love was a completely new thing to me on my 25's.

unborn Truth

2 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

I don't think children are mature enough to feel Love consciously. Personally, I have no memories of feeling Love when I was a child. Love was a completely new thing to me on my 25's.

Ok, maybe I'm not completely fucked up about that then.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@LambChop Perhaps you still love your ex subconsciously. And perhaps because you think you shouldn't love him anymore your love for him is subconsciously supressed, and your love for other people along with it. But that's just speculation... In case it applies, allow yourself to love your ex and then let him go (perhaps even meet him, tell him, hug him and then let him go). The "brick wall" between you and your new boyfriend could be due to an unresolved issue with your ex

Contemplate why you can't feel love anymore

You can also work on opening your heart chakra, but that doesn't tackle the root cause

On 14/06/2019 at 8:05 PM, LambChop said:

Hiya guys :)

I recently have gotten together with this guy I had a bit of a crush on for about a month, and we've been having sexual relations ever since. 

But I don't understand. I feel sexually attracted to him, but I don't feel anything toward him. 

This also applies to my friends, family, and other loved ones. I just cant feel connection anymore. I think it started about 9 months ago when my ex dumped me out of the blue. I think subconciously the part of myself that loves said "I've had ENOUGH!" and withdrew into its metaphorical shell, and it hasn't come out ever since.

Sex doesn't even feel good. I feel kinda hollow. And it's like I could watch everyone I love turn away from me and I wouldn't even feel a thing, yknow? It feels twisted and I know this isnt me. Especially since the feminine domain is based in relationships and bonding. I told the guy I'm with that I dont want to be with him yet, even though I know that logically we'd make a really good long-term couple since we have similar values in life and make a good problem-solving team. Its like, why shouldn't I love him? But here we are!

I genuinely dont know where to go from here. I feel like my bond with this man I'm with can grow, but theres a brick wall between me and him. Please help?

What are the stories you tell yourself about how you relate to the other people you're talking about? How are you relating to them? Can you change how you're relating to them and create different emotions?