Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noip

Ameliorating fear during meditation?

8 posts in this topic

Recently I tried a new guided meditation I found on the internet. During the meditation, I'm supposed to "feel unconditional love" and let it flow through me. However, I experienced a block because all I could really feel was fear.

I felt scared, and it wasn't a new or unfamiliar feeling. If I were to describe it, I probably have carried this fear with me all the time for the past several years, and meditation only seemed to allow me to really feel it.

I suddenly saw in my mind's eye a subjective image of a dark, cloaked figure with a skull face. This image represented my fear.

I feel like this fear is stopping me from "feeling unconditional love." How do I fix this/make it better?

Fear can be contained within love, but love cannot be contained within fear.

Love the fear, talk to it, understand its veiw point, feel what it wants you to feel. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

On 6/15/2019 at 1:36 PM, OctagonOctopus said:

Fear can be contained within love, but love cannot be contained within fear.

Love the fear, talk to it, understand its veiw point, feel what it wants you to feel. 

Great advice. I did let it just "express itself," and it passed on its own. I don't really understand it, but maybe I don't need to because when I repeated the meditation exercise, I felt completely at ease.

So, thanks!

@noip could you share this guided meditation or is it one you paid for?

There is a yogic tradition of drinking your own urine. I forget the term but it’s similar ameliorating. Thought this thread would be about that.

Thats a thing yogis did and do though. Only when your properly hydrated. First thing in the morning and the second half of the morning pee.

7 hours ago, Neorez said:

@noip could you share this guided meditation or is it one you paid for?

it's free on YT

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

No love for the reaper? Psshhh

Reapers as a concept aren't unlovable. There's lots of romanticized movies and TV shows about them.
Still, for w/e reason, it was ominous in my mind. IDK what that was about...

6 hours ago, Arhattobe said:

There is a yogic tradition of drinking your own urine. I forget the term but it’s similar ameliorating. Thought this thread would be about that.

Thats a thing yogis did and do though. Only when your properly hydrated. First thing in the morning and the second half of the morning pee.

err. yeah.. i'll pass....

Perhaps you are waking up in the classical ‘taking hold of this life’ sense, and overcoming your fears lately, and in doing so they are emptying accordingly. Feels good. But maybe the fear of death is a bit different, as it can’t technically be overcome because it isn’t a ‘real’ thing, but only realized to be your own belief. It’s possible the characterization of death stems from projecting fear onto an outside asserting force (person), but in fact there is no assertion. This could mean there is or was something or someone in your life which you semi or subconsciously invited into your life (innocently), and then blamed your own shortsightedness on. We all do it. Not everyone is willing to realize they did it. Consider a change in perspective to owning the creating of your life. Look beyond the sight and sound, in consideration emotion attracts. All speculation, and sorry if way way off. :) 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE