CreamCat

Enlightenment doesn't necessarily lead to emotional mastery and personal development.

28 posts in this topic

Have you seen very enlightened buddhist monks? They are not exactly excellent at implementing visions or garnering respect from others in ways that people like Elon Musk are.

Although there is some correlation between emotional mastery and enlightenment, you can learn to master your emotions without maximally raising your consciousness.

While raising consciousness is good, I decided to prioritize becoming a legend or a superhero. I'm still going to work on raising my consciousness, but I'm going to focus a lot more on becoming stronger mentally, physically, socially, financially, and creatively. I want to push beyond the limits of human creativity.

I want to see how far I can push beyond the limits of human form. Psychedelics still have uses for people like me. I will use psychedelics to motivate myself and upgrade my motivations.

Edited by CreamCat

There are many facets to this thing we call life.  Thats correct.  Just like there are geniuses with zero social skills.  To balance yourself out is a wise course.  Raised consciousness through spirituality should be done in tandem as it will help you to see all these things.

But that's why you can't just follow or trust one particular guru.  Just because they may have had one particular facet of the Absolute revealed..or two..they may be limited in other areas.  And one can grow more conscious simply by being.  Which is great too.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I like to think of the relationship of enlightenment and personal development like a venn diagram. There is certainly overlap, but each one offers their own forms of growth the other lacks. 

@Shadowraix yes.. and to me ultimately liberation will provide the deepest fulfillment.  Discovering you are God.

That said many need to get there when they get there and self improvement should not be diminished.  It all comes together nicely.  Being well rounded is very important.  May gurus who just only have enlightenment may still not be very well rounded although at that level of realization they also realize that in the end it doesn't matter because the self is an illusion and they are God.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Those gurus who don't pursue well roundedness due to nothing matters are only working from one end of the paradox don't you think? 

10 hours ago, Natasha said:

@CreamCat Also consider how ambition relates to happiness. The study

If ambition and success decreased happiness, you are doing personal development in wrong ways.

You can maximize happiness, ambition, success, and many other aspects of life simultaneously.

If you are chilling and not doing much as a hippie, you might feel good in the moment or in the short term. However, you are miserable as long as there is difference between your maximum human potential and your actualized potential. If you can lift 50 pounds, lifting 50 pounds is what it takes to be happy. If you can lift 300 pounds, lifting 300 pounds is what it takes. Happiness in life demands efforts.

If you grow yourself mentally, physically, socially, financially, and creatively, you become happier than you would be as a useless hippie.

For many people, success reduces happiness because they are pursuing career success at the cost of health, relationship, etc, ... The thing is that you can increase success by increasing health, relationship, etc, ...

Edited by CreamCat

10 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Have you seen very enlightened buddhist monks? They are not exactly excellent at implementing visions or garnering respect from others in ways that people like Elon Musk are.

Although there is some correlation between emotional mastery and enlightenment, you can learn to master your emotions without maximally raising your consciousness.

While raising consciousness is good, I decided to prioritize becoming a legend or a superhero. I'm still going to work on raising my consciousness, but I'm going to focus a lot more on becoming stronger mentally, physically, socially, and financially. I want to push beyond the limits of human creativity.

I want to see how far I can push beyond the limits of human form. Psychedelics still have uses for people like me. I will use psychedelics to motivate myself and upgrade my motivations.

So delusional. How do you know that Elon Mosk isn't awakened? Look at his drive. 

Don't put the label of Enlightenment on mass medi or monks. Renouncing the material does not make you more awakened, period.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

1 hour ago, Hellspeed said:

How do you know that Elon Mosk isn't awakened? Look at his drive. 

I didn't say Elon Musk isn't awakened. I don't know much about him. The impression I got from him is that he doesn't care much about raising his consciousness.

As far as I know, drive doesn't necessarily come from awakening.

Also, I think awakening is not a binary thing. There are degrees of awakening. I don't know how awakened in general Elon Musk is, but I think he is awakened in terms of work and business and life purpose.

Edited by CreamCat

Enlightenment can be a big factor in terms of achieving emotional mastery.  If I were trying to achieve emotional mastery, the first place I would look is to do enlightenment work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

49 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Enlightenment can be a big factor in terms of achieving emotional mastery.  If I were trying to achieve emotional mastery, the first place I would look is to do enlightenment work.

I think going all in or going hardcore on enlightenment as Leo does is an overkill and counterproductive for most people.

While enlightenment helps emotional mastery, you also need to look into human psychology, too.

Practically speaking, environmental control is also important for controlling emotions and getting results. Why do you think ascetics keep their environment clean and quiet? Why does Elon Musk work in his office?

I think emotional mastery can be done in practical ways, too.

Edited by CreamCat

Buddhist Monks are just masters in meditation and spiritualiy but they have zero social skills and are not in self-actualization. because they dont need it. they trasncend the ego. The ego is who wants to develop, who wants to make 1 million dollar, who wants to have a impact in society, to do create something big.... thats just mental masturbation

1 hour ago, Moreira said:

Buddhist Monks are just masters in meditation and spiritualiy but they have zero social skills and are not in self-actualization. because they dont need it. they trasncend the ego. The ego is who wants to develop, who wants to make 1 million dollar, who wants to have a impact in society, to do create something big.... thats just mental masturbation

Many people on actualized.org think ego is bad. It is not. It is necessary for survival. Without survival, you cannot be a human.

Promoting passivity is not healthy for most humans. Samsara is not separate from nirvana. If you are going to be in Samsara, you might as well give it your best and learn to play it well. It is fun and enjoyable.

Choosing to do nothing in samsara is not better than playing it well. You might also want to consider the possibility that you are just trying to escape life because it is painful.

Edited by CreamCat

16 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Who says sitting in a temple doing nothing but meditating all day isn't implementing visions and garnering respect?

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

Absolutely.

For many people, their ego convinced them that enlightenment is the highest form and personal development/career success/business success/family success are all lower forms. What do you think?

12 minutes ago, hyruga said:

For many people, their ego convinced them that enlightenment is the highest form and personal development/career success/business success/family success are all lower forms. What do you think?

To many people on actualized.org forum, enlightenment is an excuse to justify their escapism and passivity. They want to justify not doing anything useful in the real world. Most of them are not really meditating much. They haven't used psychedelics seriously.

If you raise your consciousness, you can do personal development more effectively. Raising your consciousness can facilitate your personal development.

Edited by CreamCat

On 6/15/2019 at 1:50 AM, CreamCat said:

I didn't say Elon Musk isn't awakened. I don't know much about him. The impression I got from him is that he doesn't care much about raising his consciousness.

As far as I know, drive doesn't necessarily come from awakening.

Also, I think awakening is not a binary thing. There are degrees of awakening. I don't know how awakened in general Elon Musk is, but I think he is awakened in terms of work and business and life purpose.

One cannot hold in the public eye and in mass media, without being awakened, period. The energy of other will destroy one in the process if you let it. Look at so many depressed artists. This is what public eye does, it grownds you, and if one cannot handle it well, we got big belly people, people wearing glasses, high pitch voices etc. And adaptation. 

I just said about elon mosk as an exp. One can be awakened without realizing and wasting time asking questions. 

The preocupation of raising consciousness, is a trait of the unawakend. Because one cannot really spread awarness. A better job is to be silent in public.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 6/14/2019 at 6:40 PM, CreamCat said:

If you can lift 50 pounds, lifting 50 pounds is what it takes to be happy. If you can lift 300 pounds, lifting 300 pounds is what it takes. Happiness in life demands efforts.

https://youtu.be/Zf8EMhT6fdE

Edited by WorknMan

Yes it does, you do not understand Enlightenment if you think it does not. Enlightenment is absolute mastery on all mental/emotional levels.

This term is used far too much by too many people who clearly do not understand what enlightenment is because they experienced mere awakenings and not actual enlightenment or true mastery itself.

When one experiences this, he/she will simply not be here posting on things and debating about life.

Edited by Curiousobserver