Shaun

I am utterly empty and helpless

55 posts in this topic

@Shaun that's because you are only seeing one side of the yin yang symbol.  You haven't actually awoken yet so this is still all concept to you and its freaking you the hell out.  Once you do awaken your consciousness shall expand so much that you will see duality and non-duality are identical.  It doesn't matter if you are an illusion because you can look through that.  It actually becomes more beautiful and loving.  You will actually be that guy in the 10 ox herding pics just laughing around town in total liberation.  You will embrace and love yourself as both the ego and God and you will be totally at peace in this reality.  Just because it's imagination doesn't lessen it it only increases the beauty.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Shaun Your feelings tell you your perspective is not true. What can we tell you which you will hear, when you ignore yourself? Words can’t speak louder than your heart, louder than your being. Utilize therapy, practices, and educate yourself. There’s nothing spiritual about what you’re going through, it’s psychological. Rather than conceptualizing to the next untruth, discover the barriers you’re already holding. The psych med already showed you how much weight you’re carrying. Just listen. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

17 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Shaun Your feelings tell you your perspective is not true. What can we tell you which you will hear, when you ignore yourself? Words can’t speak louder than your heart, louder than your being. Utilize therapy, practices, and educate yourself. There’s nothing spiritual about what you’re going through, it’s psychological. Rather than conceptualizing to the next untruth, discover the barriers you’re already holding. The psych med already showed you how much weight you’re carrying. Just listen. 

Look Nahm, I really hope I am wrong and I've misunderstood the whole thing. The thought or fact that I am hallucinating you into existence deeply scares me and makes me feel alone and trapped. I don't want you to be just nothing more than a picture on my screen I want you to be as real as me, whatever real is. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Shaun Don't talk about our Mom like that, you disrespectful brat. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

Look Nahm, I really hope I am wrong and I've misunderstood the whole thing. The thought or fact that I am hallucinating you into existence deeply scares me and makes me feel alone and trapped. I don't want you to be just nothing more than a picture on my screen I want you to be as real as me, whatever real is. 

It is scary.  It's scary and radical.  When i became directly conscious of it i became sick just from the aloneness.   I had to leave work and suffered depression on and off for a few days.  Also dealt with insanity in between perspectives of my own dual perspective and God's perspective.  Its serious business.  But once you get past that its wonderful.  There is  nothing like the feeling of liberation and escaping the matrix.

Also remember its not just Solipsism or Gods perspective as i call it.  Its Oneness yes, and there is only you..but you can become conscious that you have divided yourself into everyone else and you are being them right now..since iInfinity has infinite dimensions, although right now you only have your perspective.

So if you want to look at it dualisticly they are separate from you.  If you are look at it non-dualitisticly they are you.  If you look at it from Gods perspective (Solipsism) they are being imagined by you.  So you see its all perspective.

If you are not comfortable with the non dual vantage point then just stay in duality.   Forget yourself again.  Its fine. It's what you do to escape yourself.  You can even go back to the materialistic perspective although that might be hard to fully believe it again knowing what you know.  But Just be happy dude.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

If the entire truth was that we are creating everything, and that was it period, then why do you get surprised so often? Even clairvoyant people are wrong, they only know things vaguely and can be wrong. No one would ever want to be right about everything. Everyone wants a surprise. 

It's much deeper and mysterious than you or me alone, creating everything. We are writing a story together, maybe but I don't know how it's going to end do you? 

What is 1 X 1? I'm one, you're one, together we amount to one. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Shaun Ok, calm down relax, breath. Realize you are into Ultimate Truth of existance. Who said it will be easy. 

@Shaun Quite recently, I've started to get a deeper glimpse at deep rooted demons/patterns in my psyche. I'll be meditating, and my mind will keep doing this repetitive behaviour over and over again and it feels like it can't be stopped. And it only ever can stop if you're fine with it not stopping. Which is hard. But the emotions you feel, your level of suffering, I feel it really is something that "you" are doing and generating in the sense that its your mind. You just cant get your own mind to stop.

Honestly, I don't think purification of the self could be summed up better than in this quote 

A monk asked Master Dongshan, “Cold and heat descend upon us. How can we avoid them?”Dongshan answered, “Why don’t you go to the place where there is no cold or heat?”The monk continued, “Where is the place where there is no cold or heat?” Dongshan said, “When it is cold, let it be so cold that it kills you. When hot, let it be so hot that it kills you.”

When you're hot, touch the furnace. When you're cold, submerge yourself in ice. Become one with it. Only by diving into the heat can you escape the heat.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

[I'm speaking metaphorically here, don't literally touch a furnace. And if its not obvious cold and heat are metaphors which generalise to all forms of pain and suffering]

And if you decide to continue engaging with sources of information regarding spirituality and non-duality be careful. In my view, Leo himself and people on this forum say too much about non-duality and conceptualise it too much. Reincarnation, God this, God that; forget the word God. Forget and unlearn everything. Beyond instructions and tips on how to open yourself, all other theories are garbage in their essence. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Trapped in a story. . . I know it well. Most of my life, trapped in a story. . . The solipsism thought story is just one of millions of stories to be trapped within. Entertaining the thought story just reinforces the pattern. . . If I believed at midnight tonight I will turn into a worm burning in the sun, then my mind and body would be filled with anxiety and panic. If I believed this thought story, I would be freaking tf out. People all around me could say things like "The worm story is just a metaphor, don't take it literally", "You are already One with the worm", "You and the worm are both a dream and were never born". Yet, if I believed I was actually going to turn into a worm at midnight, none of that would do Jack Squat. My mind and body would still be freaking tf out. . . Even if one lets go of the worm story, the human mind would likely create another anxiety-producing thought story - like "I'm going to get cancer", or "What if I never get a job and become homeless?". The storyline itself doesn't much matter. It's being trapped within the story that produces suffering. And I know how hard it can be to break free of a story trap, especially a storyline that involves pain and suffering. . . At the personal level, there are practices one can do to dissolve and let go of the story - yet the person is often attached and identified with the story and is unwilling to do so. Ultimately, true freedom, stillness and peace is Now. Whatever is happening Now.

The reason you are suffering within a solipsism story and Bob Smith is not -  is because you are immersed, attached and identified to a solipsism story and Bob is not. The reason Bob is suffering within a storyline that he will get struck by lightening and Shaun is not - is because Bob is immersed, attached and identified to the lightening story and you are not.

You are an author who is writing a story about an author who is writing a story about an author who is writing a story....

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Also remember its not just Solipsism

I consider solipsism the idea that the person is the only one, that's what solipsism says.

That's a really fundamental different between solipsism and non duality, because non duality accepts the diversity. It is only one in reality but there's all the POV of the persons who are being lived by reality.

Solipsism says that only one person exists, one ego... not sure if the say there's a God or consciousness.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Shaun This is what happens when you watch LEO's videos, conceptualize all day, and sit on a forum - no wonder life sucks for you.

As people stated, if you are feeling this way - clearly something is really off. 

Take a break - get off the forum and do something else. Come back and re-evaluate. 

The issue is that LEO derives his concepts from 5-MEO - and the vast majority of people here do not use 5-MEO. All they do is some meditation - and a LOT OF conceptualizing - which is no good.

Life is there to be enjoyed, and not for you to spend all day on a forum - thinking solipsistic thoughts (which are ultimately false). 

@whoareyou no they're not.  You just forgot yourself.  And Shaun can forget too.  That's the beauty.

By the way what does Ball think about Solipsism.  Or maybe he hasn't had a high enough realization yet?  Cuz lemme tell ya buddy - it's the real deal - when you are in that perspective.  And that's a key point.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@tedens you must have a mystical experience...it will be revealed to you and literally your mind opens before your eyes and you become conscious that this is all in your mind.  Its the most indescribable feeling ever.  To be One.  IT. Alone.

After you come back down its always in the background.  There is no going back.  I can forget for a little while but its not like before.

But now for me its total liberation.  And i can also enjoy being in duality as well.  Its the best of both worlds. 

I hope all of you reach it someday.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Shaun You must go deeper. This is just the surface level and, honestly, it sounds too much like intellectual conclusions rather than actually being awake.

At the bottom of the bucket you will find endless love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You need some Yoga. I do A LOT of Pranayama and consciouss breathing when I feel really fucked up mentally from monkey-mind, even if Yoga is also used for Spiritual purposes, there´s some practices that are just about balance and peaceness of mind, to make the mind humble and put it at it´s level. Consciouss chest breathing with a straght spine has saved me from several maniatic spiritual episodes, you won´t believe how important is to have your body aligned and have "dignity" over whatever your mind says.  

Edited by Javfly33

@Inliytened1 did you have any signs or feelings before enlightenment (did you notice something unusual)?

@tedens my first mystical experience came doing self inquiry so no.  But the question of if a tree falls in the forest and there are no observers does it make a sound? Or for that matter is there even a tree?  That question just bothered me ever since i was very young and someone brought it up.  I never forgot that question..it always lingered in my mind.  I felt there was something not right with the materialist paradigm.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.