StarStruck

Being enlightened and being socially acceptable

11 posts in this topic

While talking to non enlightened people I’m always aware to not say stuff that is way above their head. It is tiresome to explain it and a lot of times they won’t get it. And if they get the insight they are impressed which isn’t good either. I don’t want to look like the crazy scientist. 

I wonder how other people deal with this situation. As Leo says when you are enlightened you don’t have the need to impress others. For me the solution  is watering down my concepts I have in my head so it is digestible for the other person. 

I’m curious how other people on this forum deal with this. How much do you give away? For me, when at school: my goal is not to enlighten people. I’m there just to fit in but sometimes (like when talking about male/female dynamics) I’m making statements which are too far to grasp for people, and understandably so. 

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck If there is still at least the smallest spark of will to make people "understand" what you're talking about, there's also a lot of work to do. It means that you're still stuck in the conceptual level. Far far beyond the mind there's just mundane being. Chopp wood and carry water :)

unborn Truth

41 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@StarStruck If there is still at least the smallest spark of will to make people "understand" what you're talking about, there's also a lot of work to do. It means that you're still stuck in the conceptual level. Far far beyond the mind there's just mundane being. Chopp wood and carry water :)

Thanks for the heads up. I’m busy with the life purpose course so still very conceptual and I’m excited if this is only the beginning. 

In Tate we trust

Nobody cares how smart you are. 

It's not about being right, It's about being appropriate and relevant to the situation. It's the same with everything in life. There're no right and wrong moves. Only relevant and irrelevent. 

Edited by Salvijus

The three replies above are very humbling. Totally didn’t see it that I was narcissistic and arrogant. @Salvijus @Salvijus @RendHeaven  especially the relevant/irrelevant analogy and trying to learn instead of trying to preach cut it. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck You dumb yourself down and carry on xD

But seriously, you see them as yourself and take reality as is :)

It's like a scientists comes to a two year old kid and starts teaching quantum physics and then complain about how he doesn't understand anything. 

"It's not about being right, It's about being relevant" 

On 6/13/2019 at 6:23 PM, ajasatya said:

Could this be applied to LEO? (to a certain extent)

38 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

Could this be applied to LEO? (to a certain extent)

Yes. But there are also moments of genuine connection with Truth, which feel like Truth is simply contemplating itself, verbalizing to itself and amazing itself. It's like the difference between arguing and composing poetry.

Don't get me wrong, though. This is not a wrong thing to do. It's just the natural path on which Truth becomes fully aware of itself through human beings. We gradually become less conceptual and more experiential.

unborn Truth

58 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

Yes. But there are also moments of genuine connection with Truth, which feel like Truth is simply contemplating itself, verbalizing to itself and amazing itself. It's like the difference between arguing and composing poetry.

Don't get me wrong, though. This is not a wrong thing to do. It's just the natural path on which Truth becomes fully aware of itself through human beings. We gradually become less conceptual and more experiential.

Out of all the people on this forum, you are one of the few that totally gets it.

Once you really KNOW the truth, conceptualization goes down significantly and eventually it's most just experiential.